• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's the most attractive kind of Anthro?

What's the most attractive kind of anthro?

• Mammals (not including horses etc.)

Votes: 62 70.5%
  • Hoofed Animals (cows, horses, goats etc)

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Reptiles/Amphibians (inc. dinosaurs, dragons)

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Birds (including... well... birds!)

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Fish (inc. sharks, dolphins etc)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Insects and Arthropods (i.e. crabs)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (feel free to specify)

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

Aleu

Deuces
I like Sergals in the main, but I'm never quite sure what the copyright status of them is. Lots of people seem to draw them, but they are a recent creation and are technically still owned by their creator; maybe there's some kind of open license attached to them that I don't know about?

Oh yeah, and Joltik? Clearly not an insect ;) for one, it's only got four legs. For another, ticks are arachnids. :D
-F
I find it incredibly ironic you feel the need to say the difference between arachnids and insects yet you can't tell the difference between a fish and an aquatic mammal.

Faustus

I find it incredibly ironic you feel the need to say the difference between arachnids and insects yet you can't tell the difference between a fish and an aquatic mammal.
I thought someone might mention that ;) Note that the fish option says 'INCLUDING sharks and dolphins', in other words they are lumped in with them for convenience. It's a common turn of phrase used to indicate the inclusion of unrelated but allied concepts. It is the morphology that we're interested in here, not the strict definition of taxonomical descendence. I didn't want to put 'Cetaceans' because I wanted to keep the terminology simple. For the same reason I put 'Hoofed Animals' rather than 'Ungulates'.

-F

Last edited:

Aleu

Deuces
I thought someone might mention that ;) Note that the fish option says 'INCLUDING sharks and dolphins', in other words they are lumped in with them for convenience. It's a common turn of phrase used to indicate the inclusion of unrelated but allied concepts. It is the morphology that we're interested in here, not the strict definition of taxonomical descendence. I didn't want to put 'Cetaceans' because I wanted to keep the terminology simple. For the same reason I put 'Hoofed Animals' rather than 'Ungulates'.

-F
It's been mentioned twice not including my post.

:|

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot

-F
Should have just put "Aquatic animals" then. :V
..But then that might count otters and such.. Hm. No way to win!

I guess I find most mammals appealing. Then it would be reptiles. Birds and fish are better non-anthropomorphized though, in my opinion.
Oh, but griffins are nice.

Faustus

Should have just put "Aquatic animals" then. :V
..But then that might count otters and such.. Hm. No way to win!
Yup, also octopuses (or octopodera if you prefer) sea anemones, crabs, jellyfish, sponges... 'Aquatic' is a pretty broad term!
I did toy with the idea of putting 'Mythical Creatures' as its own option, but thought that there were too many potentially different body-forms in that category.
Griffins are nice though, aren't they? :) I quite like harpies too.

Me, I don't mind anthro birds, but I can never decide whether I prefer them to have proper arms or 'feather fingers'. They're not amongst my favourites though.

Aleu

Deuces
Snow leopards are pretty appealing.
Females though, male snow leopards just don't click. Maybe I just hadn't found the right artist, I dunno.

LadyToorima

Nyaa nyaa~
Snow leopards are pretty appealing.
Females though, male snow leopards just don't click. Maybe I just hadn't found the right artist, I dunno.

I've seen a few rather attractive male snow leopards. Maybe I'm biased though? ><

Also, may I give you hugs? q.q

Faustus

Hmm. Now I'm wondering, how many of the Reptile votes would have been lost if I'd put dragons in as a separate option… :)

-F

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
Hmm. Now I'm wondering, how many of the Reptile votes would have been lost if I'd put dragons in as a separate option… :)

-F

Depends on if Argonians are categorised as reptiles. If so, then I would still support it.

-lola-

Well designed ones for sure,
I also find myself liking furs that are away from the mainstream cartoon style [sorry if saying that insults people]
or simply unique.

It's especially nice if it go's further then taking an animal and popping their head, tail and fur on a human body..

Faustus

It's especially nice if it go's further then taking an animal and popping their head, tail and fur on a human body..
I'm with you there. Some of my favourite anthros are basically ferals with bipedal locomotion.

-F

Aleu

Deuces
I've seen a few rather attractive male snow leopards. Maybe I'm biased though? ><

Also, may I give you hugs? q.q
Well, I prefer males but female snow leopards just seem prettier. Or they just automatically strike me as feminine already.

Also yes :3

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Oh yeah, and Joltik? Clearly not an insect ;) for one, it's only got four legs. For another, ticks are arachnids. :D

-F

Type 1: Bug
Type 2: Electric

Your argument is invalid.