• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's the scariest horror game you've played?

The 4th gate

---->Fierce Warrior
I can't really decide because I don't play much horror but I'd have to say the silent hill series.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist

Disasterfox

SHIET BITCH YOU FINE
no games but,
Midnight laser-tag with zombie and werewolf factions.

Flatline

Professional Lurker
Penumbra Overture.

The Silent Hill games are creepy as hell, but they never managed to actually scare me. Except SH4... But I still love the SH games, for their story, and the atmosphere... And the soundtrack, of course.

S

Syradact

Alone in the Dark for 3DO. There's silence while exploring a room except for your footsteps, then HOLY SHIT a ghost zombie creature with scary music! Always makes me jump.

or

A Nightmare on Elm Street for NES. Some of the bosses scared me as a kid, and maybe the music. Definitely the title screen.

DeadHorus

Hipster Doofus
Alone in the Dark for 3DO. There's silence while exploring a room except for your footsteps, then HOLY SHIT a ghost zombie creature with scary music! Always makes me jump.

With the PS1 version I recall an instance where while I was walking around outside. The lightning flashed and in that flash, you could see an enemy stalk the player, but then when the flash was over it disappeared. Freaked me out

Daniel Kay

Scalie love
Silent Hill 3 closely followed by Silent Hill 2 and the first one.

I love how those games actually build up a creepy atmosphere and not just use jump scares all the time, those aren't horror or scary, they're "haunted house" rejects.
In fact in my book all "horror" games that OVER use jump scares aren't horror, they're "scared ya" games.

slydude851

PSN ID: Slydude851
I can swear there is a thread on this exact topic. But anyways one crazy ass game is Condemmed 2: Criminal Origins. Have some crazy scenes in there. Also there's LSD, not really scary but more of a freaky game that screws with your mind.

Pliio8

Has No Compassion
Clock Tower for the PS1

I can still hear his snipping...

SonicDude1580

ThunderClan Warrior
Eternal Darkness
The game that mindfucked youre sanity, chewed it, spit it out, soaked it in oil and burnt, and them stomped on it and then just plain took a shit on it.
in other words my sanity is gone

Volug

Originality at its finest
I watched a friend play Fatal Frame 1-3 blind, wet himself a few times.

Penumbra Overture was, and still is the game that scares me most you could say. Black Plague was better, yeah, but overture had more scary moments. Which, for me is the stealth through the hallway/maze-like areas with those "zombies"/Wolf "zombie" things and you can only see a few inches in front of your face.

Zydala

Kisses for everyone!
I played the Silent Hill games years and years ago b/c my girlfriend made me be with her while she went through them...

had a nightlight in my room for like 6 months

now nothing scares me at all hahaha

Yes, this thread has been done before. But it's a fun one. xP

Fatal Frame, yeah. I couldn't even play 5 minutes of that game. The ambiance alone... no thank you. But I watched someone play through it on Youtube. Cause I always felt cheated I never knew the story because I was too chickenshit to play the game. =P

... But the scariest I ever played was actually Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I jumped so many times. And I couldn't sleep one night after cause I kept imagining a decapitated head floating over my door, reciting Poe at me. XP

The first game that scared me though was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The fucking Redead and Wallmasters... Christ on a bike, I can't tell you how bad it scared me as a kid to know there was something coming to grab me and I couldn't see it. And zombies just are nasty, no matter how you flip that coin. xP

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
The first Bioshock and Silent Hill: Homecoming. Playing these games in the dark is a terrible idea unless you enjoy being scared out of my mind.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
The first game that scared me though was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The fucking Redead and Wallmasters... Christ on a bike, I can't tell you how bad it scared me as a kid to know there was something coming to grab me and I couldn't see it. And zombies just are nasty, no matter how you flip that coin. xP
That scream is what gets me

The Redeads in Wind Waker are even creepier

redead.png

Seriously, wtf?!