• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's the scariest horror game you've played?

Luca

Lined my brain with more eyes
That scream is what gets me

The Redeads in Wind Waker are even creepier

redead.png

Seriously, wtf?!
Thats not so bad.
re4s2_regenerator.jpg

These mofo's were terrifying the first time I saw them.

Last edited:

Pine

smell-good badger
well, it may not be a horror game, but it sure as hell scares me more than FEAR and Resident Evil ever did.
[video=youtube;P1qTnYGT9Dg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1qTnYGT9Dg&playnext_from=TL&videos=lsG5IawlpvQ[/video]

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Thats not so bad.
re4s2_regenerator.jpg

These mofo's were terrifying the first time I saw them.
For some reason, Iron Maidens really didn't scare me

The regular Regenerators did though, that stupid breathing thing and that music

Eric

Well, the Iron Maidens had potential to scare someone, but Resident Evil 4 was way too much of an action game to be scary. What to be afraid of when you've got a rocket launcher?

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Well, the Iron Maidens had potential to scare someone, but Resident Evil 4 was way too much of an action game to be scary. What to be afraid of when you've got a rocket launcher?
I sold everything the second time I played and went through the game with nothing but the Chicago Typewriter, that was fun

Everything died in 10 seconds

I

Issashu

Depends on what kind of horror you preffer :) If you want to feel exausted and terrified psychically go with Silent Hill series. If you want some scary moments that make you jump up from your chair....try the Deep Space: Extraction on Wii (for example). Of course some Alien games are not badd too :)
The old phantasmagoria and gabriel knight games were good too...even if I find the Phantasmagoria ones kind of funny :D

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
There were some pretty creepy parts in Bioshock that I can remember

The Medical Pavilion, ugh

Rayden

Dead Space had me jump several times. The one time it got me was when I was saving, it was in one of those areas I thought was cleared. Right after saving, this guy sneaks up behind me, I think I wasted half my ammo shooting at the wall in panic lol.

Another one was System Shock 2.There was very limited ammo so I had to run from a lot of fights. Just hearing their sounds of pursuit behind me with my surround sound was unnerving enough.

NCollieboy

[Æ’cÆ’c] Sexy Fiberbomb
Dead Space gave me panic attacks ever so often
I thought Doom 3 was scary for the first 8 level and then got boring real fast
Also, the ghost ship level on Star Wars republic commando scared the shit out of me :p (i happen to be 10 at the time)

Kobu

I was terrified of Dead Space. The sound direction was so amazing, I found myself jumping at every little ding.

Eek!

WolfieTeen

I have no clever title....
Dead Space - okay maybe not the scariest but seemed better than Fear (the first one at least. Haven't tried the second one)
The Silent Hill Series - scarier than the resident evil games except possibly the remake.
LSD Dream Emulator - Creepy
System Shock 2 - Scariest game i ever played
The X-files - Yeah i know. It's a point and click game but it can be pretty scary. Esp during the last place.

I guess that's about it

8-bit

Dead Space - okay maybe not the scariest but seemed better than Fear (the first one at least. Haven't tried the second one)

Dead Spance was freakin tense. Alot of gamers had trouble playing for extended amounts of time.

The Silent Hill Series - scarier than the resident evil games except possibly the remake.

Meh. I found being pursued by Nemesis/ Mr.X was scarier. Of course, I've only played SH1

System Shock 2 - Scariest game i ever played

Sound like fun :3

WolfieTeen

Dead Spance was freakin tense. Alot of gamers had trouble playing for extended amounts of time.

Meh. I found being pursued by Nemesis/ Mr.X was scarier. Of course, I've only played SH1

Sound like fun :3

I got Resident Evil 3 but never played through it that much. I'll be glad when Dead Space 2 comes out

WolfieTeen

Alriiiight, you get cool points.
Play Deus Ex. You'll thank me later.
The same goes for all of you.

I played Deus Ex and i loved it. Feels like i'm the only one who liked the sequel.

Last edited:

RainLyre

Devilishly handsome
The Silent Hill series has the vote in my book.
Those games make you piss pure fear at every little noise.
Remember the mannequin scene in SH3?
HOLY BUTTERED LEXUS.

Metal_Skunk

I haven't really been scared of video games. The only one that made me jump was doom 3, and that was only because it was my first horror game. Dead Space didn't scare me much either. It didn't even make me jump, of course nothing is scary once you get the Ripper.

The original Left 4 Dead. Seriously, there's nothing more bone chilling than when that tank music plays... You know you're fucked.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
The original Left 4 Dead. Seriously, there's nothing more bone chilling than when that tank music plays... You know you're fucked.
I hate when the witch starts crying and you don't know where she is