• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's the scariest horror game you've played?

8-bit

Keep in mind that that was my personal descriptor for my experience with the game, and I'm not attempting to impose my opinion onto you in any way whatsoever.
That sounds like a pretty crappy shock gameplay mechanism, as well, and would be more likely to make me go "Haha, it thinks it's scary" than actually be frightened by it.

Oh, I know its your opinion. Its just fun to debate stuff like that. While not making me piss my pants, I was on edge anytime I was in the Otherworld.

And it's scary when you run out of ammo, and theyre all silent and the SLASH! you die 0_0

Last edited:

Ro4dk1ll

Wigger.
Oh, I know its your opinion. Its just fun to debate stuff like that. While not making me piss my pants, I was on edge anytime I was in the Otherworld.

And it's scary when you run out of ammo, and theyre all silent and the SLASH! you die 0_0

I don't often experience any of the "Suspension of Disbelief" business that horror games rely on, though, to be fair. The only example I can ever think of of being fully immersed in a videogame was when I spent several days experiencing some really rough insomnia, and then played World of Warcraft for several hours while absolutely delirious. That is probably the state of mind I'd have to be in to be frightened by a videogame.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
the one with guile in it :U

8-bit

I don't often experience any of the "Suspension of Disbelief" business that horror games rely on, though, to be fair. The only example I can ever think of of being fully immersed in a videogame was when I spent several days experiencing some really rough insomnia, and then played World of Warcraft for several hours while absolutely delirious. That is probably the state of mind I'd have to be in to be frightened by a videogame.

My uncle is the same with movies :/

What about Dead Space?

Ro4dk1ll

Wigger.
My uncle is the same with movies :/

What about Dead Space?

As much as the horror aspects of Dead Space were obviously very well constructed, I didn't find the game frightening. Jump-out enemies seem to be a big tactic to try and scare people who aren't freaked out enough by the concept of being stuck on a spaceship with necromorphs, and they generally don't manage to catch me off-guard unless I'm really not paying attention. After the first few stages the formula was easy enough to figure out, as well. The game constantly attempts to drop enemies in any blind spot it can create during combat. I got the "Epic Tier 3 Engineer" and "One Gun" trophies in the same run-through, as well.

8-bit

As much as the horror aspects of Dead Space were obviously very well constructed, I didn't find the game frightening. Jump-out enemies seem to be a big tactic to try and scare people who aren't freaked out enough by the concept of being stuck on a spaceship with necromorphs, and they generally don't manage to catch me off-guard unless I'm really not paying attention. After the first few stages the formula was easy enough to figure out, as well. The game constantly attempts to drop enemies in any blind spot it can create during combat. I got the "Epic Tier 3 Engineer" and "One Gun" trophies in the same run-through, as well.

Well, then there is no pleasing you :V

I found it to be quite stress-inducing. Those fucking Regenerators D:

Dr. Durr

Misses The Point Frequently
Barney's Hide & Seek.

'nuff said.