• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's the story behind your name?

PriestessShizuka

Dragon Master
I thought you were going to say Shizuka-chan.
Hehe that character does appear in google searches XDD
Unfortunately, almost all other instances of characters named "Shizuka" in stories that aren't Vampire Knight have Shizuka being some prostitute-ish character. ;n;

Cocobanana

Cocobanana started out as a joke name, but I kept with it because some thought it was cute and I grew to enjoy it as well. After having burned a ton of bridges in the fandom due to irresponsibility, insecurity, and/or being clingy, I was about to leave it altogether. Instead, I told myself it would hurt less if I took it way less seriously. So my fursona changed to a simplistic all-white cat, and I needed a simple name to go with it. There is a cool Pixies song called "Gigantic", where Kim Deal sneers about 'A big black mess, what a hunk of love'... so Coco(a) is black and banana is dong. Even though I'm white rl...

Pixies are an awesome band but avoid their recent stuff!

F

foussiremix

I came to the name nova because mixing two shining things creates something new shining ... a meme. I watched some dokus about novas.
But yeah a godness deserves to be named nova.

Art Vulpine

Art Vulpine
Art Vulpine- This came partly from a joke where people would mess up my name, which it's not like my real name is that hard. One day I said, "That's it! I'm going to change my name to something else like Art!" Well, I didn't really change my real name, but when I joined the fandom and I debated creating a fursona, I had the design in mind but no name. So since my character was a fox, he'd be named Vuulpine and since he's cartoony I used the name Art for his first name. So Art Vulpine is both my user name and fursona!

I have another fursona, a unicorn named Spellbound. His name i got from a song by Lacuna Coil called Spellbound that fit his personality, and since unicorns are known for their magic I decided to give him this name.

dischimera

Used to have a character that looked like a "what if disney had a chimera character". Hence disneyishchimera.
I sometimes wonder if I run the risk of being sued when comissions begin.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
Cocobanana started out as a joke name, but I kept with it because some thought it was cute and I grew to enjoy it as well. After having burned a ton of bridges in the fandom due to irresponsibility, insecurity, and/or being clingy, I was about to leave it altogether. Instead, I told myself it would hurt less if I took it way less seriously. So my fursona changed to a simplistic all-white cat, and I needed a simple name to go with it. There is a cool Pixies song called "Gigantic", where Kim Deal sneers about 'A big black mess, what a hunk of love'... so Coco(a) is black and banana is dong. Even though I'm white rl...

Pixies are an awesome band but avoid their recent stuff!
So your name translates to black dong? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAHA

Troi

I am the real Troi Shady
Well my fursona is named after me and eminem lol

Troi= my actual middle name and Shady= I love eminem so much, I just had to incorporate him into my character

thus Troi Shady was born

Last edited:

neku-neku

nekku.in FA someone has already use it so i change it to neku-neku.well it's a stupid reason i pick nekku.i like this ,more like a fan, on the character neku on The World Ends With You (TWEWY).yeah neku sakuraba, just add one more k and it makes nekku.i've been using this name a lot on some websites i visit.well i don't really feel like a fan anymore but i think i'll still use it.

Leon

Hot sammiches and cold beer.
My favorite name is Leon, I'm a leo, bada bing bada boom

Soul-Wolf

Banned
Banned
When I was Wolf-Bone, that was a bit of a longer history. Originally I was looking for a name to call myself as a rapper, this was before I even knew the internet existed. There was a white rapper I was really into at the time called Miilkbone because he was probably the first white rapper I listened to who didn't shamelessly wear it on his sleeve, and could do the whole self-deprecating, comedic white rapper thing but when he did it was always subtle, you'd have to be actually listening to his lyrics to get it. And if you weren't, you might not even know he was white. I loved it and Wolf-Bone seemed like a great name. Very shortly after that I got into a group called Bone Thugs N Harmony. If I was a fan of Milk, I worshipped the ground Bone walked on. Every member of the group has Bone at the end of their name, like Bone is their family which is exactly how they see it. So that settled it, I was going to be Wolf-Bone from then on in 1996 until I got banned from here. I refused to take any other name. I'd never settle for being anyone other than Wolf-Bone, Wooby, Warner Brothers, Woobsickle, or Woobywizzlewuzzywuffykinz as I was labelled eventually. Even when I'd changed I wanted that name back and everything it meant to me.

Soul-Wolf I got from a former friend. Explaining the meaning behind it best I can, the reason he gave me that name was because I just seemed like a "soul wolf", poetic, passionate, loving, kind, just someone to want to go to and hug and be their friend when they're down because of what they do to deal with it. Until he saw the other ways I deal with things, and people, and then I wasn't his "soul wolf" anymore, just this monster. I think I killed any good belief he ever once held about me. I don't believe I really deserve the title but I want to. It's what I aspire to be now, even if I was just a wannabe back then.

I don't think I was ever a wannabe, just weak. But a Soul-Wolf wouldn't be weak either, so it doesn't really feel right on me. It's just another shitty substitute for the life I lost and will never regain.

Ruffus J. Mutt

For me I played a game called fur fighters when I was younger that game is badass and needs a HD remake soon, anyway one of the main characters name is roofus and I always liked that so I just kinda added a last name and my middle initial and boom here I am.

Maelstrom Eyre

Ahmoua Wolf
I just always liked the word "Maelstrom." My Second Life avatar was named Maelstrom - back when Second Life had surnames, instead of just being a "Resident" - even before I created my fursona.

Eyre was one of the surnames available when I was creating the account, so that's the name I chose.

As I developed my character in a RP sim, and created her backstory, I decided that she was given the name Maelstrom after her place of birth - a rocky coastline where the spring tides created whirpools, riptides, and strange currents. In other words, a maelstrom.

Last edited:

Yarra

Fuzzball
The name actually comes from a river near Melbourne. I used to work for a company that had an Aussie subsidiary with that name in it and I instantly fell in love with it. I tried to name our dog Yarra but my wife disagreed so I took it.

Firemind

I use Firemind as my handle because it was a title given to me when I was younger, then I started playing Magic, and my colors were always red/blue. Then the Ravnica set is released and the guild leader of Izzet, the red/blue guild, was Niv-Mizzet the Firemind. I also have an affinity for fire, I'm a Leo, my birthday was a couple days ago, and my spirit animal is a Phoenix. I'm also obsessed with learning, I have a tendency to get ADD with my pursuit of knowledge. I've always been that way, burning passion with a grounding mentality. I actually haven't given my fursona a name yet because It hasn't come to me :p

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
My gamertag, LazerMaster5, is something I created when I was 13. I got a tablet, allowing me to connect to the World Wide Web. I naturally flocked to YouTube, obsessing with the Lazer Collection videos. I needed some username to go as, and it kinda stuck.

J

Jaden Darchon

Jaden - When I was little my mom gave me a jade necklace. She's into spiritual material and told me that jade has healing properties. Also it looked cool.
Darchon - I sorta came up with this on my own with UT99 as a reference (Archon). I'm hopelessly enamored with the night so I turned Archon into Darchon ("Dark-on" is how it's pronounced). Later I found out that Archon means ruler/magistrate so... I guess that's Dark Ruler.
VII - Seven (it doesn't show "VII" on my username on the forums) that came about because of personal spiritual beliefs about past life kind of stuff, the motivation being that I have had 6 past lives. Fortunately, cats have 9 so I have a few left in the tank :p

Sonlir

the worst
okay byron it's time to spill the beans I only have two more viable guesses and neither fit the rule of only switching 2 letters robyn and rybon.

Last edited:

Wintermond

The first Forum I joined was about Warrior Cats and soon I wanted to have an oc for myself.
I thought about having something with "rose" or "silver" but preferred "moon" (ger mond) since I am usually a night person.
Choosing "Winter" took some time, because it was not an acceptable name for a warrior cat (they have different names for seasons),
but it did fit the light colours and the kind of cold character. Furthermore, I did not necessarily wanted her to be used just
for warrior cats stories, so the human-like touch did not matter.
Now, she is a shapeshifter and my persona/fursona.
Warrior Cats was only the reason I created her very first design, but the name remained.

speedactyl

Eccentric Friendly Aviator