• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's the weirdest genre of music that you're into?

Doliba

I want more weird music. Show me your weird music.

I personally have been starting to enjoy noise music, it's quite a meditative experience, but it's not really like anything I've heard before.

Feel free to show what you're into if you feel comfortable doing it. Thank yall so much <3

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Whatever the hell Tangerine Dream is.

Last edited:

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:)

Noise genre is the weirdest genre I heard of, I also find World Ambient a bit weird at times too.

Mongolian throat singing is pretty weird too but oddly enough, I find these to be interesting.

Video Game Music is to blame for me finding so many obscure genres and music and to blame for me enjoying different types of music lol

also this is oddly hypnotic:

:)

Kharayi

A bit sketchy.
Post-punk and related genres have lots of weird music:

The Creatures - Gecko (Post-Punk/Goth)

Family Fodder - Monkey (Post-Punk)

Fad Gadget - Collapsing New People (Synth-Pop) - They definitely have weirder songs, but this one is sooo catchy.

Crass - Mother Earth (Anarcho-Punk)

Crash Course in Science - It Cost's To be Austere (Post-Punk/Minimal Wave) Or even weirder from them.

If you like these, this flowchart can show you all sorts of cool stuff.

Kuuro

Hey man, look at me rocking out!
I've know someone who's really into The Mars Volta for their virtuosic playing and odd tonal structure. Not really my thing, but a lot of their stuff is very technical and interesting to listen to

I guess what you call "weird" depends on how deep into music you are. Like, if you listen to a lot of pop, Primus is weird as fuck. Or if you like Animals as Leaders or Meshuggah, Primus might seem tame. Odd (maybe) stuff I like are Juana Molina, Mr. Bungle, Primus, Massive Attack has some good weird stuff, etc...

www.youtube.com: Maki

Jaredthefox92

Ah, Power Metal! You'd probably like Dragonforce or Manowar

Indeed I have! I just thought it would be considered 'weird' as it's not all that 'I am so tormented' stuff and more like "we had this big battle and everyone fought the Nazis, heck yeah go allies!" as Sabaton does. (Even though Sabaton has songs showing both sides of the war.)

Kuuro

Hey man, look at me rocking out!
Indeed I have! I just thought it would be considered 'weird' as it's not all that 'I am so tormented' stuff and more like "we had this big battle and everyone fought the Nazis, heck yeah go allies!" as Sabaton does. (Even though Sabaton has songs showing both sides of the war.)

For sure. I mean, everything's weird to somebody. I saw a video of a girl reacting to Metallica, and she admitted to listening pretty much exclusively to Taylor Swift. After like 30 seconds of an instrumental intro, she was like, "are there any words in this song???" It was funny.

Jaredthefox92

For sure. I mean, everything's weird to somebody. I saw a video of a girl reacting to Metallica, and she admitted to listening pretty much exclusively to Taylor Swift. After like 30 seconds of an instrumental intro, she was like, "are there any words in this song???" It was funny.

I actually like instrumental and theme music, it helps when I'm writing or creating a character.