• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

whats the worst gift you've ever recieved?

meh_is_all

I→U
So what is the worst thing you've ever gotten for your birthday, Christmas, or something else and who gave it to u? When I was a toddler I got this really creepy clown thing that had red eyes. I still have it so I can scare my cousins. ROFL

Last edited:

Bark

I've always asked for books and art supplies. Specific books and art supplies for a reason. I always end up getting a wealth of useless junk that I feel bad about throwing away because it was a gift. I begrudgingly appreciate it anyway. I was pretty miffed when I got a really crappy child's art set though. Hm. I generally don't expect gifts from friends, but it also miffs me when I go out of my way to make or buy an awesome present for them, and I can't get so much as a note with 'happy birthday / Merry Christmas / kiss my ass / whatever' on the date of occasion.

Oh, the stomach flu was a pretty shitty 18th birthday present v:

RadioCatastrophe

it's CATASTROPHIC
That's horrible pillow and your aunt should feel horrible for giving it to you..

The worst gift I've gotten is.. nothing, lol, my moms forgotten my birthday once she's cut off christmas and yeah :I
She's been the only to ever really care about asking me what I want as a gift besides my grandmother so she's been the only one whose actually tried if she could find the money to get me something.

A day in a poor kids life.

Jaxinc

Regret nothing:Deny everything
My birthday this year?

My mother gave me my own Targus backpack back that I bought 6 years ago and said she got it to replace my Falcon Northwest bag that a room mate's dog shredded.... I got into a huge blow up with my fiance that forgot it was even my birthday which turned into a very depressing day when she realized.

My 21st, nothing but a huge day full of arguing.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Scubadiving session....in a small pool

Schwimmwagen

I get football-related things (shirts etc, stuff with footballish logos on them) from my grandmother on my dad's side of the family, despite everyone else in the family knowing that I am among the least sporty people you will ever meet.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
one christmas my parents pulled the biggest "fuck you!" ever. my sisters and i really didnt wish for super expensive stuff (a couple of platinum games for my PS1, no idea what my sisters wanted but it definitely wasnt hyper expensive) but for some reason my parents decided to have a super conservative "boardgames and clothes christmas"... so we all got cheap wooden crap, boardgames and a little underwear.
except for my tilting labyrinth we never touched any of that stuff and it is completely impossible to get a boardgame session going with my family.
i really dont want to sound ungrateful here but buying stuff for your kids that you know they would never touch and completely ignoring their wishes that werent even that special to begin with is just doesnt seem like a good idea in my opinion.
my parents were even like "ohoho, you are not gonna like it this year! =D"...
maybe my dad just wanted to save money or didnt want to buy anything digital since he is so extremely conservative. and weird. but buying stuff that you KNOW your kids wont touch sounds like an even bigger waste of money in my opinion.

Last edited:

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
Eh, the only thing i could call bad was a music writing software that I got this year, even though I already had a composing software that worked in a noticeably different and easier way.

Just kinda showed me how my parents don't really know anything about what I do, but it doesn't matter. We sold it off and got other things, and I feel guilty for not accepting the gift, but it really was next to useless. I can't record any instrument I own. That software is for that sort of thing.

Can't say I can complain, if I've gotten "bad" gifts I don't really think about it or pin blame on the giftgiver. It just feels ungrateful, but who am I to preach.

RadioCatastrophe

it's CATASTROPHIC
When I was a kid, anything back-to-school related. And given my birthday fell less than s month before the school year started, this happened a lot.

For that matter, worst Halloween treat? Pens.

Lol, my birthday was either the day school started or within the week of school starting, lol. Try getting kids to come to your birthday when school starts and none ones parent knows you or yours.

BouncyOtter

I can't really say I've received any "bad gifts". The most useless was probably this past Christmas. My Dad bought a PS3 last year just to play blu-ray movies, although it is never used according to my mom. My dad gave my brother and I (neither of us has ever had a PS) Modern Warfare 3. The problem was we were both leaving the next day to head back to school. I'm not saying it was a bad gift, just unfortunate that it could never really be used.

E

Elim Garak

I HEAR YOU LIKE BOOKS SO HERE'S TWILIGHT.

Let me name some of my books that they know I have and you'll see why it doesn't fit at all: Achtung -- Panzer! by Heinz Guderian, Infanterie Greift An(Infantry attacks) and Panzer Greift An(Tank attacks) by Erwin Rommel, The Art Of War by Sun Tzu, 1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell and so on. The last thing I want to read is some half assed teen drama.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I HEAR YOU LIKE BOOKS SO HERE'S TWILIGHT.

Let me name some of my books that they know I have and you'll see why it doesn't fit at all: Achtung -- Panzer! by Heinz Guderian, Infanterie Greift An(Infantry attacks) and Panzer Greift An(Tank attacks) by Erwin Rommel, The Art Of War by Sun Tzu, 1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell and so on. The last thing I want to read is some half assed teen drama.

surely they wanted to give you something more mainstream because they were worried about you.
or they talked to an employee who hates his job, heard the word "teenager" and just recommended twilight because he is a dick and doesnt give a fuck.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
A pink track suit for my aunt...

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I got a plain calendar once. No pictures in it, nothing. And I have gotten soap.

Both from a friend who I gave expensive necklaces to :I

E

Elim Garak

I've been meaning to read this a long time. How is it?
Good, very interesting tactics and such applicable outside the battlefield as well.

surely they wanted to give you something more mainstream because they were worried about you.
or they talked to an employee who hates his job, heard the word "teenager" and just recommended twilight because he is a dick and doesnt give a fuck.
Also why does mainstream matter, hate to sound like a hipster but what most people find awesome now a days is pretty pale.
20th Bday =/

Z

Zoetrope

I think I was 15 and got kitchenware like toaster and stuff. I think I was being told to gtfo.

Magick

Posing school graduate
Bibles. 5 of them at different times. I am not kidding about that.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Bibles. 5 of them at different times. I am not kidding about that.

do you still have them? if you do you should wish for a mini fireplace for your next birthday or next christmas :3