• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

whats the worst gift you've ever recieved?

Littlerock

numb with cold
On our second meeting, my uncle Ken decided to re-gift to me a lovely pair of what was to be his girlfriend's underwear, since he figured that they wouldn't have fit her very well (she's twice my size). To be fair, they are the most comfortable pair of female undies that I have ever owned.

WanderingFox

Future Cho Oyu Summiteer
Multiple boxes of condoms. My first thought was:

"I don't ever get laid; what the hell am I supposed to do with this crap."

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I can't really say I've received any "bad gifts". The most useless was probably this past Christmas. My Dad bought a PS3 last year just to play blu-ray movies, although it is never used according to my mom. My dad gave my brother and I (neither of us has ever had a PS) Modern Warfare 3. The problem was we were both leaving the next day to head back to school. I'm not saying it was a bad gift, just unfortunate that it could never really be used.

Haha my dad did the same with the ps3. Watching him try and figure out the controller was classic. I felt bad and bought him the media remote XD
As far as a bad gift...I can't really remember. I come back later if I think of something.

Last edited:

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Once I got a beer coozie. When I was 9. Thanks Grandma.

badlands

drunken pirate
a pillow for Christmas, i was homeless and living out my car at the time. i did use it but i couldn't help thinking "cant you just let me back in the house please?"

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Every Christmas my uncle on my mom's side would get my brother and I a basketball. We were never interested in sports as kids, even his girlfriend knew that. That's how much he cared...:rolleyes: I remember having to store them in a cramped closet where they just deflated over the years unless a neighbor kid wanted them.

SiLJinned

Hmm...those small novelty toys that are fun for like 10 seconds, then piss everyone else off/break easily when you play with them. Also a set of ridiculously thin coloured paper that was even thinner than standard white paper, which also came with sparklecard and crappy stickers that literally never stuck properly and some coloured sugar paper. And all I actually wanted was real, plain card. Of course when I modestly said it wasn't the really kind of card I was looking for, I get told off.

I guess I think differently when it comes to giving gifts. Hypothetically I would only give them a present of something that I know they want/are interested in, if I could afford it. Some people think it's always a greatful thing just to simply give anything, but imagine just how much clutter it can make. It's not a nice feeling to have to throw away stuff you don't want, that was gifted to you. I guess I am within the realm of unpopular opinions that I think if you don't like the gift, don't thank or say anything. Or say what is wrong and how to fix the problem, if possible (well, maybe not advised all the time because you know how overly sensitive people can be). I wish people would be honest more often, there would be less clutter about and the gift givers would save their money for more important things, if they can't afford/find what the other might actually like. Although I can understand why it's selfish/annoying when people complain about not getting expensive/ hard to find stuff though.

I do expect sooner or later, someone will rip my head off for saying this though. Although hopefully, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Although not really related to this topic much, I find it funny that others find it offensive when I guess what's beneath the wrapping paper of my own presents. I mean, come on, must I have to pretend that I have no idea what's in it? Who invented this ridiculous social etiquette? Maybe I don't understand it, I guess.

Last edited:

Magick

Posing school graduate
The books are long gone now, though the latest not so greatest set of gifts I received from most of my family was a bunch of Axe body and hair products. The only reason behind it was they know it's what I use, and while I appreciate the thought... I still got bathing products, and a lot of them at that.

Last edited:

myxini

Primitive Vertebrate
the worst gifts are the ones where the giver clearly doesn't care, and is just getting rid of extra stuff, then they expect you to be grateful. My aunt for christmas once sent everyone in my family these ugly crocheted dolls that had dollar-store air fresheners in their skirts. This was stuff that she'd made for a craft fair a few weeks earlier that hadn't sold. Also free Avon hand lotion and chapstick samples. I'd honestly rather just get a card than a no-thought 'hey I need to get rid of this stuff' gift.

Littlerock

numb with cold
Never give Sutter Home wines as a gift. It's basically worse than giving box wine, because at least box wine says "I'm shopping frugally for a gift you'll actually enjoy.", not "This was the cheapest wine they have, and I have to buy 8 other bottles for my co-workers on top of this.".

Sutter Home is disgusting. :c If you want to go affordable, but not give the gift of heartburn, go Robertson or Barefoot or something, you ass. Yes, Arbor Mist is a tacky gift too.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
The books are long gone now, though the latest not so greatest set of gifts I received from most of my family was a bunch of Axe body and hair products. The only reason behind it was they know it's what I use, and while I appreciate the thought... I still got bathing products, and a lot of them at that.

Silly fox, furries don't bathe.

Littlerock

numb with cold
Last Christmas my family gave me 3 dollar store air scent diffusers, a bar of soap and a body scrubber. -.-

That might be a hint :T

And bath products are mostly a fail-safe gift for the clueless gifter. Impersonal though it might be, they didn't want to be rude by giving you nothing. But if they were close family? Yeeeahhhh, that's awkward.

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
My 18th birthday was the day that my mother came screaming out of a major abdominal surgery, completely psychotic and in severe pain because they'd fucked up her painkiller type/dosage. Took them three days to get the anesthesiologist to come down and fix it in 15 minutes.

As far as bad actual gifts, I can't really remember any. I'm sure I've had them, but the memory didn't stick.

The one and only time I won a raffle, though, the prize was a woman's purse. I was at least informed that I could "easily pull off the metrosexual look." Thanks.

My birthday this year?

My mother gave me my own Targus backpack back that I bought 6 years ago and said she got it to replace my Falcon Northwest bag that a room mate's dog shredded.... I got into a huge blow up with my fiance that forgot it was even my birthday which turned into a very depressing day when she realized.

My 21st, nothing but a huge day full of arguing.

She gave you your own bag back? :O

That might be a hint :T

And bath products are mostly a fail-safe gift for the clueless gifter. Impersonal though it might be, they didn't want to be rude by giving you nothing. But if they were close family? Yeeeahhhh, that's awkward.

Yeah I thought it was to, but for the record I do shower >.> but my lizard is very stinky in my room, not that the cheap dollar store freshener was able to purge his odor. lol best gift after that were earrings that for one, I was allergic to, and two my ears are gauged. Fail if I do say so myself ^.^

Plantar

Soaked In Sin
Mine's gotta be pajama pants that are far too big for me. They fall down, even around my stomach. :1

Furryjones

Worst gift would have to be from my grandmother on my mom`s side. It was my 20 something birthday and she got me an action figure lol. I just said to her where was this when I was 10, in a joking way not a serious, pissed off way lol.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
Christmas morning when I was 11 years old, we had to put my favorite cat to sleep because a neighbor poisoned him. RIP Psycho.

That was not a good Christmas...

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
I've been meaning to read this a long time. How is it?
Like listening to a wise old Asian man giving life advice in the form of military strategy.

Good.

My worst gift isn't so bad, but it was a bingo set. Who would I play this with? Why would my 10 year old self want to play Bingo?

CindEE

Christmas socks

That birthday when no one showed up.

A book of Christian poetry that I KNEW came for free in the mail.