• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's the worst job you've ever had?

ScrubWolf

I was shooting the breeze with a buddy and we were comparing the worst jobs that we had ever worked and this was mine:

I worked at Disney World for about month as a "Jungle Cruise Skipper." There were times when the job was awesome. For example, making some kid's day because the got to "steer" the boat, or if the whole boat was laughing at my cheesy unscripted one-liners. But this was few and far between. Mostly the job sucked because of the schedule, 60+ hour weeks, and the low pay $8.00/hr. Doing the same shitty script 5 times an hour 10 hours a day sucked. Or better yet getting a boat load of people that don't speak english; 30 blank stares for 10+ minutes gets old real quick when I'm doing my schtick making an ass out myself. Another fun event was to work closing when you get like 2 people on the boat, fewer people meant fewer laughs; people in crowds are easier to entertain. I didn't last too long, about a month. Luckily I had another job about lined up before I walked out.

So, what say you? What was your worst job?

Qoph

omurr
Only job I ever had was cashier at a local grocery store... not that bad, but minimum wage sucks.

ScrubWolf

Only job I ever had was cashier at a local grocery store... not that bad, but minimum wage sucks.

I hear ya on the minumum wage sucking! I worked for minimum wage for 3 days doing day labor with a bunch of hobos and illegals throwing sod. NEVER again is all I have to say. ( I would have put this as the worst job I've ever had, but it was under the table, sort of)

Duality Jack

Feeling Loki with it.
security guard for a parking lot (little fucking stalls) in mid january.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
My first job at Subway when I was 14.

Now to be fair, the job itself wasn't bad, relatively speaking. Most of the horribleness came from the owner/manager, who expected each employee to do the work of three while still managing to remain a perfectly cheerful facade around customers. Within two weeks of working there I had responsibilities that would be considered managers' at other Subway establishments. Keep in mind that I was FOURTEEN.

So take that and add in that owner/manager's angry insistence that everything be done within microscopic tolerances and you get a very unpleasant experience. Not to mention that this person herself was very unpleasant to talk to and be around (picture one of those catty community gossip soccer moms and add in a touch of angry banshee).

Revy

colourful
working for military is all around bullshit.

Koray

I'd say a cashier in a pizza store. God, some of the customers where yelling at me with no reason D:

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Working in a computer shop doing sales and some service after graduating. It was a shitty job that totalled between 48 to 54 hours a week and included Saturdays. It was salary, and worked out to barely minimum wage. Worst thing was that it was something I could have easily done BEFORE getting a computer science degree. But at the time, i was determined to find something in London, which there was nothing. Eventually I moved on to working in Toronto at a real job, but my time at the shop was horrible. Customers were complete assholes - eveyone treated computer sales like car sales where they thought they could "talk down" the price, and no one seemed to understand that you get what you pay for, and if you (at the time) weren't paying at least $2200, then you were buying crap. There was even a fight that broke out in store that I had to help break up! Didn't miss that job in the least when I finally got a career offering.

Plantar

Soaked In Sin
It was at a factory called Greif Packaging. They used this glue, I was allergic to it. I passed out from it, immediately left when I woke up in the employee lounge. It had my heart beating fast, and it was incredibly repetitive.

Elessara

N UR THRED; VORIN MAH PICKEL
A place where I got fired from after a month for being "Over qualified".... Even though when they hired me they knew I had 5 years of "school" experience...

Bastards.

bigjon

Working in a hog barn. Not only was there ALOT of fecal matter but to kill the sick pigs we had to bash their heads against the floor til they died. One time i had to kill so many that the hall and ceiling an I were all covered in blood. WORST job ever PERIOD.

Elessara

N UR THRED; VORIN MAH PICKEL
Working in a hog barn. Not only was there ALOT of fecal matter but to kill the sick pigs we had to bash their heads against the floor til they died. One time i had to kill so many that the hall and ceiling an I were all covered in blood. WORST job ever PERIOD.

o o
~

ScrubWolf

Working in a computer shop doing sales and some service after graduating. It was a shitty job that totalled between 48 to 54 hours a week and included Saturdays. It was salary, and worked out to barely minimum wage. Worst thing was that it was something I could have easily done BEFORE getting a computer science degree. But at the time, i was determined to find something in London, which there was nothing. Eventually I moved on to working in Toronto at a real job, but my time at the shop was horrible. Customers were complete assholes - eveyone treated computer sales like car sales where they thought they could "talk down" the price, and no one seemed to understand that you get what you pay for, and if you (at the time) weren't paying at least $2200, then you were buying crap. There was even a fight that broke out in store that I had to help break up! Didn't miss that job in the least when I finally got a career offering.

When I worked in retail it always drove me nuts when people would try to negotiate prices. Near the end of my time at Sears, if someone would try to talk the price down, I would tell them "This is a retail store, the flea market is in Sanford (next town over basically)." For some reason my manager frowned upon this. I enjoyed irritating him though :D.

I received my degree 2 years before my stint at disney. I used this in my schtick, near the end of the ride I would tell kids to not go to school for economics as it would qualify them to be a jungle cruise skipper. Usually it would get a laugh, sometimes an awww.

ScrubWolf

Gavrill

ladies~
I want your job.

T

Tewin Follow

Working in a sports store.
They were the only shop in town who would take me because I relied on the one-an-hour buses, so I was all over the job.
I knew it would be downhill in the first five minutes, because I had to sign the Health & Saftey form before I started work WITH NO HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING.

It sounds retarded, but I didn't know I had to lock the central folding part of a 12 foot ladder before climbing it and a customer actually had to tell me while I was on it. I could have fucking fallen off and died.

Worst part had to be working on the returns counter and trying to explain the awful "NO REFUNDS FOR YOU" policy to upset/enraged customers. On the top floor. With NO ventilation or air conditioning. The amount of clothes made it a heat trap and I had to tell customers that "someone was coming to fix it" so they wouldn't report us and have the shop closed.

Oh, and some days they wouldn't call/text me that they were overstaffed and couldn't pay me, so I would get the half six bus to get there only to be told to go home. FFFFFFFFFFF--

VoidBat

Industrial decontaminator.

Cleaning out a welding factory after a chem-fire. Also, those highly caustic dirt-removers work wonders on your skin and lungs.

mc donalds, I was in the back cooking and whatnot. The manager always "forgot" to post the schedule so we never knew when we would work. If we called in to ask when we worked, they got mad at us. It was never clean, not because we didn't clean, it was dirty because of all the grease on everything.

Job number two. Selling directv over the phone to people that switched to a different provider. "why didn't you give me that while I was with you" "my box died after 13years and you wanted to charge me $300 for a new one" "you have all these deals for new people to join but what about the people that are still with you after several years" those are all you hear, all day, every day.

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
Movie theater usher.

Oh, the things I would find on the floor. Used condoms. Dirty diapers. Needles. Beer bottles.

@TriggerhappyWolf: I love messing with retentions people. :3

KirbyCowFox

Muu-bitch!
My first and only job was at a family owned fast food joint. The parents had their 12 year old daughter in the store ordering me around as I made sundaes, had to deal with bratty customers, nobody taught me the register or the grill so I was fucked if my coworkers were out for a smoke break, pretty sucky. I'm sure there's people on here that have had it worse than me.