• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's With All The NSFW Hate Lately?

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
Not that it's any of my business, but I can't exactly control what does and doesn't piss me off. And since I've found no less than three people complain about topic I'm about to get into within the last week or so, it's time for me to say something. Ahem

PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT FURRIES WHO ENJOY NSFW CONTENT.

I really, really don't care if you don't like adult content. I'm all for personal freedom, and if you can't stand sex, by all means, avoid it. But, my problem starts when people start berating others who happen to like or love it, usually because "It gives the fandom an image I don't personally approve of".
First of all, there are literally strong adult sides to literally ALL fandoms. And honestly, I don't know how the anime community doesn't have a worse rap than we do. I feel like our fandom is singled out simply because we don't use human characters and nothing more.
Second, I can't stand the idea of wanting to completely change the nature of our community just to make it more palatable to people who are likely never going to like us anyway. All of the people who call us "degenerate" are usually far-right conservatives anyway; people who can't even stand people who aren't white, Christian and cis-het, let alone those who do anything that wasn't considered normal back when Ike was president.
Third, I'll readily admit that the SFW side of the fandom is weak. My ex is a SFW artist, and he's struggling badly right now to get any attention. However, instead of berating adults for liking adult things, I'd much rather see people come together and build the SFW side of the fandom to be stronger. Maybe we won't get there, but if the weakness of the SFW side *really* ticks you off, then it's worth a shot, right?

In any case, I've just had enough of being told off for liking NSFW content only because it makes people like Ben Shapiro dislike the fandom.
And don't forget, I don't have a problem with people who don't like NSFW content. I have a problem with people who don't like people who like NSFW content. Rant over. Let the replies begin.

Last edited:

Rayd

profound asshole
idk. in really any of the threads that talk about the NSFW side of the fandom that way, i've not seen one person berate anyone for liking it. it seems to me you're offended by the threads so you're taking it as a personal attack against you.

regardless, people are allowed to complain and have opinions, it's probably best to let them.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
idk. in really any of the threads that talk about the NSFW side of the fandom that way, i've not seen one person berate anyone for liking it. it seems to me you're offended by the threads so you're taking it as a personal attack against you.

regardless, people are allowed to complain and have opinions, it's probably best to let them.
As I said, if you think NSFW content is disgusting, then that's fine. I'm a libertarian, so I don't like forcing people to like or dislike things. The only problem I had was with people saying "I can't stand how many people enjoy sex! It's preventing the fandom from being what I personally want it to be!" i.e., respecting other people's opinions.

Rayd

profound asshole
As I said, if you think NSFW content is disgusting, then that's fine. I'm a libertarian, so I don't like forcing people to like or dislike things. The only problem I had was with people saying "I can't stand how many people enjoy sex! It's preventing the fandom from being what I personally want it to be!" i.e., respecting other people's opinions.

but...nobody was berating anybody about it, that's all i was saying. nobody is attacking anybody or telling people how to do anything, they're just voicing their opinion. the way you're wording your post makes it sound like those threads were callout threads or something, when in reality they were about personal experiences and their opinion about the fandom.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
but...nobody was berating anybody about it, that's all i was saying. nobody is attacking anybody or telling people how to do anything, they're just voicing their opinion. the way you're wording your post makes it sound like those threads were callout threads or something, when in reality they were about personal experiences and their opinion about the fandom.
But there were posts that were made in the last 24 hours that were complaining about the prevelance of the NSFW side of the fandom.

Rayd

profound asshole
But there were posts that were made in the last 24 hours that were complaining about the prevelance of the NSFW side of the fandom.
is that berating the people who enjoy it? no. they're just expressing how they're personally bothered by it. you don't need to hate anybody to be bothered by something in a community.

Zerzehn

Dojyaaaaaaaaan~
I've seen it in the latest thread and I will say it again:

The fandom doesn't exist to please those outside of it.

The fact that someone have to take such sex-negative stances are just dumb because you know,

Tyno

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam
tenor.gif

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
is that berating the people who enjoy it? no. they're just expressing how they're personally bothered by it. you don't need to hate anybody to be bothered by something in a community.
It does berate them by implication. Because you know, the NSFW side isn't what it is because a deity made it that way.
I've seen it in the latest thread and I will say it again:

The fandom doesn't exist to please those outside of it.

The fact that someone have to take such sex-negative stances are just dumb because you know,

But, I agree with you. My rant was exactly what you said, but with more words....

Rayd

profound asshole
It does berate them by implication. Because you know, the NSFW side isn't what it is because a deity made it that way.
again, you don't have to hate people to not like something about a fandom. you're feeling attacked when nobody said anything about hating or berating people who like NSFW. there is no implication of it, either. you're bothered by people having an opinion, that's all.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
again, you don't have to hate people to not like something about a fandom. you're feeling attacked when nobody said anything about hating or berating people who like NSFW. there is no implication of it, either. you're bothered by people having an opinion, that's all.
But, the implication is that the fandom should have less people like me.

Rayd

profound asshole
But, the implication is that the fandom should have less people like me.
seems we're talking in circles. my entire point was that you're letting your feelings around the subject think for you. nobody said anything to hurt anybody. seeing as how this isn't going anywhere though, i'll just leave it at that.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

Hmm did not know you were a libertarian your political ideology sounds more democratic. (I do understand Libertarians have different views on the ideology that varies from person to person.)

BlackDragonAJ89

Bumbling Everyman
As I said elsewhere, the world is becoming more and more prudish these days. Since the fandom as it is is at risk, I'd rather not change course until we're forced to.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the reason why a lot of people are fed up with the NSFW for is because of the piss poor quality of it?

I mean, even with my own fetishes, there is a lot of artwork and artists themselves who I couldn't give a rat's ass about because of the lack of effort they put into their works.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
Hmm did not know you were a libertarian your political ideology sounds more democratic. (I do understand Libertarians have different views on the ideology that varies from person to person.)
I'm a left-libertarian. Like Kyle Kulinski of Secular Talk.
Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the reason why a lot of people are fed up with the NSFW for is because of the piss poor quality of it?

I mean, even with my own fetishes, there is a lot of artwork and artists themselves who I couldn't give a rat's ass about because of the lack of effort they put into their works.
I don't usually get pissed off by poor artwork, I actually ignore it and forget that it even exists, lol.