• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your definition of a creep?

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
I'm scared of bearded men who breath with their mouth.

Its like ew your spewing mouth germs everywhere.

Don't infest me you mouth-breathing troglodytes.

Hnnnnggggg

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw
People with poorly drawn avatars made in MSPaint or with crayons/colored pencils.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
The foremost thing that comes to my mind when considering creeps is "unpredictable".
Not in a violent or 'lolrandum' way, but more of a "goblin wearing a human skin and trying to fit in". There's also the apparent inability to catch subtle social cues.

Imagine you're sitting in the bus, and someone sits down next to you. Most normal people stay silent, others mumble a quick 'goodmorning', and some might even try to start a simple conversation.
But a creep would sit just a little too close to you. They might keep glancing in your direction, quickly averting their eyes when you look at them. Hell, some just stare all the time. They don't just start a conversation, they just have one. Even if you obviously don't care for one, they will just keep trying or even provide your side themselves.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Imagine you're sitting in the bus, and someone sits down next to you. Most normal people stay silent, others mumble a quick 'goodmorning', and some might even try to start a simple conversation.
But a creep would sit just a little too close to you. They might keep glancing in your direction, quickly averting their eyes when you look at them. Hell, some just stare all the time. They don't just start a conversation, they just have one. Even if you obviously don't care for one, they will just keep trying or even provide your side themselves.

Well, and then you have to figure out if this person is just socially awkward, but benign, or if they're actually a potential threat.

A person can be a nuisance without being a creep, because you've figured out that they're safe in spite of all of their little weird behaviors and boundary-crossings.

For me, a "creep" is someone whose boundary-crossings and weird behaviors come across as threatening.

Can women be creeps? The word "creep" is used almost exclusively to describe men, I've noticed.

Distorted

It's just this enormous obliviousness to how they come across. They don't comprehend that they're too close, or that what they said was inappropriate, or the things that they do are just plain wrong. I don't think most creepers truly realize how they make people feel.

I've ran into a few in society, and had the (dis)pleasure of talking to one before. He got fired because he was much too forward and inappropriate with the female customers, even when they were with their husbands/boyfriends. But before he was fired he would ask me if what he said or did was out of line or not. I mean the things that would come out of this guy's mouth just yelled rapist. Hell he made me uncomfortable.