• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your favorite album?

CoggerD

Diving head-fur-st into the fandom!
Act II: The Father of Death by The Protomen. IMO these guys are the single greatest rock band of the entire millennial generation, and deserve to be ranked up there with legends like Styx. This album (in spite of the name, it's actually a prequel to the previous one) tells a dystopian sci-fi story that begins in an old mining town and gradually shifts to a hi-tech metropolis; the music shifts accordingly from an acoustic style to an 80s synth-rock style. As rock operas go it's brilliant, and its themes of the importance of resistance and the dangers of mass hero worship in society are extremely relevant today. Here's one of the better tracks on the album, where the protagonist of the second half of the album faces off against a robotic assassin sent to kill any dissenters:

Hiridor

Probably lurking.
My favorite album is a tough choice between two. I love them both, but for different reasons.

The choice is between Vektor -Terminal Redux (Progressive / technical thrash metal with sci-fi theming) or Ne Obliviscaris - Portal of I (Progressive Black metal, with a violin)

The album Terminal Redux concept album that tells a rather gripping sci-fi story about a astronaut rises to power after finding what could be the key to immortality. Whilst Portal of I has some of the best song composition I have experienced, the songs And Plague Flowers The Kaleidoscope and Forget Not are just such amazing pieces of music.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Cleaning the CDs off of my desk:

A Trick of the Tail
by Genesis
Time by ELO
Power Windows by Rush
Shri Durga by DJ Cheb i Sabbah
Thriller by Michael Jackson
Songs from the Big Chair by Tears for Fears
Young Lions by Adrian Belew
The Golden Age of Wireless by Thomas Dolby
Erpland by Ozric Tentacles
Big Drum Small World by Dhol Foundation
The Wall by Pink Floyd
Embryo's Reise by Embryo
The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails
Whitney by Whitney Houston
Dookie by Green Day
I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project
Asia by Asia
Make It Big by Wham!

Last edited:

Yakamaru

Level 32 Knight
As of current date it would have to be Midnight Danger's "Chapter 2: Endless Nightmare". Favourite song from it is no doubt "Restless Generation".

Feel free to give it a whirl if you fancy Synthwave.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I change often because different albums suit different moods, etc
at the moment :

LomboDePorco

It's hard to choose favorite album (especially if u listening to more than one genre), but let's say that Toxicity by SOAD was allways my favorite.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Hmmm, difficult to narrow this down as I literally have thousands. If I had to pick 5 that I could listen to at any time it would be these

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bayou Country

Vasudeva - No Clearance

Dave Brubeck - Take 5

Incubus - Morning View

Martin O'Donnell - Halo 3 or Halo Reach Soundtracks

I got loads of albums i would consider to be my fav, to may to put into a single post so ill just give a few and limit it to one per band.

Eternal Champion: The Armor of Ire

Conan: Blood Eagle

Electric Wizard: Witchcult Today

Idle Hands(aka UNTO OTHERS): Mana

SkyEagle

Mine is probably the self-titled debut by Taylor Swift, catchy and fun country pop songs. Open up and say ah by Poison is also pretty good, but Poison makes catchy rock in general... so yea. For nostalgia points has to be High Voltage by AC/DC. TnT is like my literal childhood.