• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's Your Favorite Dog Breed(s)?

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Alsatians and Akitas.
You can't compete with them

Em1l

German shepherds, huskies, weimeraners, akitas
hate small yappy things

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
Pomeranians. There isn't a cuter breed of dog in the world.

Bleedswhitefire

Bubba be addicted to 2 stroke
Red nose pits, and blue pits. Been raised around them all my life, and they have saved my life plenty times. And they are probably the most faithful dogs out there. But I like them.

And no they are not mean. It's the owner that makes a dog respectful, mean, or stupid.

PheagleAdler

I have quite a few I'd consider getting
-newfoundland
-poodle
-pug
-beagle
-samoyed
-husky

and probably the dogs my mother & stepfather currently have: brittany spaniel and a border collie/springer spaniel mix

basically my preferences vary but I like fluffy, and loveable, and the first quality can vary.

Tyrbis

Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute.

My dog is something between. No one is exactly sure which breed he is. He looks like a husky but he's bigger and fluffier. Some people say that he's a husky, other say he's a malamute and sometimes I hear that he's a mix of both. I don't know and I don't care.

Aidy

they call me yolo swaggins
Huskies are fucking adorable

Also English Springer Spaniels, I've got one c:

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
All of them except pit bulls and rotweilers. I have a bad history with them, so I'm biased.
I have a general dislike of accessory dogs that are too far removed from their wolf ancestors. Shih Tzu, Toy Poodle, Yorkie, Pekingese, Maltese, and other trendy abominations. They tend to be dumb as shit, particularly Shih Tzu and Pekingese, to match their Downsy faces.

Aidy

they call me yolo swaggins
I have a general dislike of accessory dogs that are too far removed from their wolf ancestors. Shih Tzu, Toy Poodle, Yorkie, Pekingese, Maltese, and other trendy abominations. They tend to be dumb as shit, particularly Shih Tzu and Pekingese, to match their Downsy faces.

It's not really their fault so I don't dislike those dogs, I just dislike the people that own them. I love Yorkies though, they're really lovable when they're brought up like a proper dog and not some toy.

YuPuffin

Blue and purple.
Greyhounds. I don't even know why - I just like them. They come in so many awesome different colors.

Also, I've met some greyhounds in real life and they're really soft and friendly. <3 Also supposed to be smart and trainable. Athletic is a plus since I like to run.

Ramses

Huskies, for sure.

Growing up, my family always had German Shepherds, so they have a place in my heart. Smart, playful, and mad loyal.

I also like Great Danes - but I don't like seeing them here in the city. They need more space!

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Yeah another thing about great danes is that they don't live very long, same with Irish wolf hounds and other gigantic dog breeds.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Yeah another thing about great danes is that they don't live very long, same with Irish wolf hounds and other gigantic dog breeds.
Our big dog's half Bernese Mountain Dog; their average lifespan is 9 years :(

IronDog

The Divide
Breeds I adore that I've owned:

Newfoundlands
Pyranese
Rhodesian ridgebacks
Anatolian shepherds
Burmese mastiffs
Boerboel
English mastiffs
Japanese akitas
Pitbulls
Rottweilers
Danes
Shiba
Elkhond
Bernese
Alsatian

Breeds I adore that I will own:

Xolos
Dogue de Bordeux
Beagles
Gordon setter
Malinois
Bully Kutta
Leonberger
Aussie shep.

That said, I've owned mutts and crosses that were some of the most awesome dogs I've ever had.

badlands

drunken pirate
Irish wolfhounds.

so bloody HUGE!

Rivers Bluetail

Furry Little Blue Guy
I've ALWAYS wanted a Siberian Husky or a G-shep, but I've never had one :(

I have a lovely yellow lab though, and a dalmation.
No dalmation I've EVER had has behaved. EVER.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
I'm fond of Labradors of all kinds. They're such handsome dogs.
I also have a soft spot for Great Pyrenees, because I've known a few who were really sweet. Plus I love big dogs, and they don't get much bigger than that.
And of course, I too think corgis are one of the cutest breeds out there.

Symlus

Sophisticated Snake
Leonbergers, Huskies, German Shepards. I have an American Bulldog/Boxer mix, and although I love him, I would only be a little sad if he went to a better home.