• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your favorite fighting game series?

Favorite fighting game

• Mortal Kombat

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Tekken

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Street Fighters

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Bloody Roar

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 38 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Spyro

Heart of the DragonStar
It's just fun.
Although, I liked III better, and III wasn't much of a bump up from II. II being mostly a graphical update from I. So, I guess I can see that.

I dunno. Granted, I don't have Soul Blade or Soul Calibur, but I find Soul Calibur II to be a masterpiece of fighting games, if not gaming in itself. I found SCIII to be fine. Not as great as II, but a good direction. However, even though I count SCII as my fav, it was SCIV that got me back into the series.:D

Taren Fox

Filmmaker
Streets of Rage. :3

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Arvedis

Streets of Rage. :3
If im thinking of the right game you can have my internets :D

I always loved soul calibur, even though i never played 4. But if we're talking pure fighting, no weapons then it'd probably be the DoA series up til 4... 4 runied it all :(

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Rsyk

For me, it's gotta be Street Fighter. I really got addicted to the second game(s), and even the third was all right, despite the fact that few characters were really original. (Most characters were just re-skinned versions of earlier ones.) But the fourth was an incredible step up for the series, especially since they brought the original characters back.

Soul Calibur takes second place, despite the various problems with the games I've played. (Two and Three) My biggest problem is with the blocking system, which seems to only work periodically.

MK seems to get worse as time goes on. Armageddon was terrible.

DecepticonSilent

Overuser of Smilies
I've definitely gotta go with Guilty Gear or Soul Calibur. Those two games are just a lot of fun and a lot of the characters are just plainly awesome! :D

Milo

I guess dead or alive :\

or maybe soul caliber... I actually got to customize a character in that game, so that was good

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
and even the third was all right, despite the fact that few characters were really original. (Most characters were just re-skinned versions of earlier ones.).
What?

Street Fighter III is the bomb, And only character was re-skinned was Sean, but that was fixed in 3rd strike.

But the fourth was an incredible step up for the series, especially since they brought the original characters back.
Big lols.

Very Big lols.

Riptor

Ran Out Of User Titles
Honestly, I'm not really sure. I personally say the MK games get a lot more shit than they deserve. Sure, some are a lot better than others, and Armageddon sucked, but I really enjoyed MK VS DC, T rating and all.

Other than that, I can't really think of any because of all the fighting games I play. I can't really get into Guilty Gear, because all those meters and such just confuse me. BlazBlue, from what I've played of it is pretty good, though. I think I'm the only person who really, honestly liked Sonic the Fighters, too.

Also, this isn't THAT high on my favorite, but I want to make special mention to the Power Instinct games. They're DECENT, if not all that innovative, but what makes them fun is so insane they are. The main character of the series is this old Japanese woman who throws her dentures as a projectiles, and sucks the blood of her opponents to turn into a young woman for a short time.

Her grandson, a small, pantsless child with visible genitalia, has the ability to transform into a grown man in a dog suit and shorts. He is also a playable character.

Coolcat33333

The Blood Cat
I have two favorites and neither of them are on there.

First there's guilty gear. But right now its blazblue.

Sorry guys but I could never stand streetfighter even the first one. Not flaming justmy personal belief.

Rsyk

What?
Street Fighter III is the bomb, And only character was re-skinned was Sean, but that was fixed in 3rd strike.
Remy=Guile
Q=Zangief
Dudley=Balrog (A much better version, though.)

Those are the three that stand out the most to me. Haven't played in a while, so I can't remember the rest of their names.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game. (I have Third Strike.) But it would have been just as good if they had kept the original characters along with the new ones, and removed the copies. (You know, they were planning to put in a Chun-Li copy instead of the actual character?)

jcfynx

Banned
Banned
Street Fighter II Turbo is still my number one.

I tried to get into newer games but I got so borderlands that I left 4 bed.

Dayken

*current user title*
The King of Fighters, even though 2000 was the last installment worth playing.

That's beat'em up not a fighting game. Faggot.

Half-assed trolling aside, people who unironically lump fighting games into the beat em up genre piss me off.

Last edited:

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Remy=Guile
Q=Zangief
Dudley=Balrog (A much better version, though.)
Remy is a gay Guile.

Never fought Q

And Dudley is Balrog that can combo.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game. (I have Third Strike.) But it would have been just as good if they had kept the original characters along with the new ones, and removed the copies
You never played Street Fighter III: New Generation, Have you?

(You know, they were planning to put in a Chun-Li copy instead of the actual character?)
Now I know your are lying.

Kirbizard

Kamikaze Kirby
Smash Bros., Street Fighter and Soul Calibur.

Smash Bros. has just gotten better with each game, so that's an obvious choice for me. My favourite Street Fighter/Soul Calibur games are both the second in their respective series.
I've not played Street Fighter 4 yet, but it can't be as bad as Soul Calibur 4. SC4 has to be one of the biggest let downs this generation, they took out so much from the previous games, they don't even have a battle theatre. ):