• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's Your Favorite Kind of Genre?

pupsicle-c

berries & cream
I'm mostly curious about movies, television shows, and short films. What kind of genre is most likely to catch your eye? Mystery? Horror? Romance? Action/Thriller(s)? Fantasy/Sci-Fi?

I personally am a huge sucker for Romance and Mystery, with a side of Action/Thriller and maybe a dash of Horror!

C

CrookedCroc

Oh man, I like a lot of stuff but if I had to pick my top 3 genres they would be:
-Drama
-Fantasy
-Action

Tendo64

Cat With A Guitar
First off, I'm totally niche and I have a massive preference of animation over live action. But, contrary to what many people say, it's more of a medium than a genre, so let's properly answer the question.

I like a lot of genres, really. Mystery, sci-fi, drama, comedy, slice-of-life, fantasy... but in terms of preference, I do prefer dark and dramatic stuff over light-hearted comedy. I like having my heart ripped in half.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Indie/foreign/older films, odd B-movies: various 'genres' within those genres, but generally, things that have some emotion, and make me think a bit. Or, possibly laugh.

CinnamonSkunk

will steal ur food
Indie/foreign/older films, odd B-movies: various 'genres' within those genres, but generally, things that have some emotion, and make me think a bit. Or, possibly laugh.
Out of curiosity, have you seen The Lobster? It was on Netflix for a while, might still be. Really excellent dark comedy indie film with a REALLY unusual premise. It's played 100% serious but is like, totally absurd to think about lol.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
Neil Gaiman. He is a genre in himself. I'm utterly obsessed with the recent Good Omens TV serial and I enjoyed the TV adaptation of Neverwhere.

Silly science fiction fantasy like Doctor Who and Sherlock (which was essentially Doctor Who without the aliens.)

And sentimental cartoons about talking animals and mythological beasts, of course. I love BOLT, Ratatouille, Rio, Rio 2, and the How To Train Your Dragon trilogy.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Out of curiosity, have you seen The Lobster? It was on Netflix for a while, might still be. Really excellent dark comedy indie film with a REALLY unusual premise. It's played 100% serious but is like, totally absurd to think about lol.

Have not seen this yet but I'll check it out. My computer went kaput last week so no films since then...but I do have The Criterion Channel and also just got Netflix for streaming. Aside from that it's DVDs from the library and thrift store VHS finds :p

BeauJayWolffo47

Here To Stay It Seems!
Well Not a big fan of movies but when it comes to movies that strike my interest- Action Adventure, Comedy, And Animation come to mind.. And for Tv Shows I love a good Comedy or maybe a bit of Sci fi here and there

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Action/Thriller and Fantasy/Sci-Fi

some of my favorite old movies are the old sci-fi ones like the original versions of War of the Worlds and The Time Machine.