• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your favorite qoute?

ChapterAquila92

Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin
Banned
It's like that "New Math" they're teaching now, but it's "Politically Correct Biology" where everyone and everything is equal! :V

(Have a look at their post history. It's good for a laugh. They know what they're doing :p)
Yeah, so I noticed. Reminds me of the bowl-cut sweater kid.

osama_kid_by_chapteraquila92-daw3xtl.jpg

Kirkzer

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

S

Sagt

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

xaliceonfire

Kiralee
"When you love someone... truly love them, friend or lover, you lay your heart open to them. You give them a part of yourself that you give to no one else, and you let them inside a part of you that only they can hurt—you literally hand them the razor with a map of where to cut deepest and most painfully on your heart and soul. And when they do strike, it's crippling—like having your heart carved out. It leaves you naked and exposed, wondering what you did to make them want to hurt you so badly when all you did was love them. What is so wrong with you that no one can keep faith with you? That no one can love you? To have it happen once is bad enough... but to have it repeated? Who in their right mind would not be terrified of that?”

“Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.”

xaliceonfire

Kiralee
"Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright, its not the end" ~ John Lennon
"Never let your fear decide your fate" ~ Kill Your Heroes by Awolnation
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Love Kill Your Heroes.

Volpri

Volpri, The Otter Spirit
"a heart of gold isnt something that should be toyed with, but a heart of malice should be cured with a heart of gold" -my grandpa

D

Deleted member 82554

If something seems like a bad idea, it probably is.

ChapterAquila92

Banned
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"
By Isaac Asimov
One in a long line of quotes about the last line of diplomacy.

"Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."
~Sun Tzu, The Art of War

ChapterAquila92

Banned
A couple by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi that I feel best reflect the current times:

"I advocate training in arms for those who believe in the method of violence. I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honor than that she should in a cowardly manner become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor.
But I believe that nonviolence is infinitely superior to violence, forgiveness is more manly than punishment, forgiveness adorns a soldier. But abstinence is forgiveness only when there is the power to punish, it is meaningless when it pretends to proceed from a helpless creature. A mouse hardly forgives cat when it allows itself to be torn to pieces by her. … I do not believe myself to be a helpless creature. Only I want to use India's and my strength for better purpose.
Let me not be misunderstood. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
~"The Doctrine of the Sword"

""Hate the sin and not the sinner" is a precept which, though easy enough to understand, is rarely practiced, and that is why the poison of hatred spreads in the world... Man and his deed are two distinct things. It is quite proper to resist and attack a system, but to resist and attack its author is tantamount to resisting and attacking one-self. For we are all tarred with the same brush and are children of one and the same Creator, and as such the divine powers within us are infinite. To slight a single human being is to slight those divine powers, and thus to harm not only that being, but with him, the whole world."
~The Story of My Experiments with Truth

RicoOfTheSkies

The Eagle Who Sees All
My two favorite quotes are some that speak deeply to me and help me strive to become better.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
" I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo, Pokemon: The First Movie

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
"Do unto others BEFORE they can do unto you."

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
"Watch out for power,
for its avalanche can bury you,
snow, snow, snow, smothering your mountain.

Watch out for hate,
it can open its mouth and you'll fling yourself out
to eat off your leg, an instant leper.

Watch out for friends,
because when you betray them,
as you will,
they will bury their heads in the toilet
and flush themselves away.

Watch out for intellect,
because it knows so much it knows nothing
and leaves you hanging upside down,
mouthing knowledge as your heart
falls out of your mouth.

"Watch out for games, the actor's part,
the speech planned, known, given,
for they will give you away
and you will stand like a naked little boy,
pissing on your own child-bed.

Watch out for love
(unless it is true,
and every part of you says yes including the toes) ,
it will wrap you up like a mummy,
and your scream won't be heard
and none of your running will end.

Love? Be it man. Be it woman.
It must be a wave you want to glide in on,
give your body to it, give your laugh to it,
give, when the gravelly sand takes you,
your tears to the land. To love another is something
like prayer and can't be planned, you just fall
into its arms because your belief undoes your disbelief."

~Anne Sexton

(excerpts, admonitions for a special person)

Mobius

Mech pilot.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such, can never directly produce the 4000 newtons of force per square inch required to break bone" (Michael Stevens, Vsauce).