• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

DuranWolf

Youngish greymuzzle
Do you like scary movies? I love them! My all time favorite horror film is John Carpenter's The Thing (1982). I first saw it when I was 11 years old on cable many moons ago. It scared me a lot and gave me nightmares for many weeks. It was awesome. So, what's your favorite scary movie of all time? Annnd Go!

Guilleum2

Works too hard
I'm having a toss up between The Babadook and The Conjuring. Both of them are very very good horror movies (I'm not really into SCARY movies, more like silly B-movies) and they both left me pretty scared.

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:)

Even though I am not big on the jump scare craze movies and games have, I like a few horror movies that use jumpscares correctly and scarcely. Some of my favorites: Frankenstein, Saw, Nightmare on Elmstreet, Insidious, Friday the 13th, Halloween, The Conjuring, Nosferatu, Scream 1, and It.

There are tons more but these make top (=

:)

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
Alien, Aliens
Predator, Predator 2
The Thing
^ My favorites

bhutrflai

Okami The Wolf is my crazy half!
Do you like scary movies? I love them! My all time favorite horror film is John Carpenter's The Thing (1982). I first saw it when I was 11 years old on cable many moons ago. It scared me a lot and gave me nightmares for many weeks. It was awesome. So, what's your favorite scary movie of all time? Annnd Go!
My hubby (Okami) loves to watch 'The Thing'. After the 500th time, though, I am a little over it.

I prefer suspense over scary/horror. 'The Village' by M Night Shamalan is one of my faves!!

O

Okami_No_Heishi

My hubby (Okami) loves to watch 'The Thing'. After the 500th time, though, I am a little over it.

I prefer suspense over scary/horror. 'The Village' by M Night Shamalan is one of my faves!!
The original Thing with Kurt Russell! The remake was ok, but still not as good as the original.

FurFunAndMore

Tiny but terrific!
I'm having a toss up between The Babadook and The Conjuring. Both of them are very very good horror movies (I'm not really into SCARY movies, more like silly B-movies) and they both left me pretty scared.

I love the Babadook!!
Also I really like Silent Hill, The Conjuring, Insidious, Annabelle, The Ring, and like a million more. I really like horror movies :)

DuranWolf

Youngish greymuzzle
I also like Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), Halloween (1978), Halloween 2 (1981), Creepshow, Phantasm, Evil Dead trilogy, Re-Animator (1985)....I could go on forever. Nothing but the classics.

Guilleum2

Works too hard
I also like Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), Halloween (1978), Halloween 2 (1981), Creepshow, Phantasm, Evil Dead trilogy, Re-Animator (1985)....I could go on forever. Nothing but the classics.

Re-animator is like my faaaavorite movie, I dunno if I would call it scary though xD Texas Chainsaw tho... nightmares forever and ever

Zephyr Lucario

I would have to say either Dawn of the Dead, both the original and remake, the first two Alien movies, the first two Scream movies, the first two REC movies, and Paranormal Activity 2 would be my favorites. Hard to decide on which one I like more.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
I know this a more mild scary movie, but coraline. It's not jump-at-you-and-out-of-your-wits kind of scary, but damn is it just creepy. The entire movie is unsettling, and an even worse resolve at the end.

tucakeane

I know this a more mild scary movie, but coraline. It's not jump-at-you-and-out-of-your-wits kind of scary, but damn is it just creepy. The entire movie is unsettling, and an even worse resolve at the end.

I was an usher at our local cinema when that came out. Lots of angry parents with frightened children, especially in that last third of the movie. Personally liked it, wasn't too disturbed TBH (had already read the book) but could see why it got the reaction it did.

But some parents are too sensitive. My parents would show us stuff like Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead, and Halloween when we were that age and it never bugged me. The rabid dog in "To Kill a Mockingbird" gave me more nightmares than any of those did.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

I love Alien 1 and 2
I also saw hush recently and that was amazing
Alien 1 was the scariest shit I had seen in 1981. I had seen Friday The 13th and Halloween, and that was tame compared to Alien. Love Sigourney Weaver. She was one bad ass bit h!

KitSly

Single and lonely
Other than the Alien franchise and Nightmare on Elm Street, I would definitely have to say Dog Soldiers!

spaceybrains

Alien 1 was the scariest shit I had seen in 1981. I had seen Friday The 13th and Halloween, and that was tame compared to Alien. Love Sigourney Weaver. She was one bad ass bit h!
I love Alien sosososoooo much for it's environment, tension, atmosphere and monster design. Aliens might be more action oriented but I love it just as much.
One day I really hope to marathon the Friday the 13th and Halloween movies.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

I love Alien sosososoooo much for it's environment, tension, atmosphere and monster design. Aliens might be more action oriented but I love it just as much.
One day I really hope to marathon the Friday the 13th and Halloween movies.
Halloween was so much scarier. Probably because it was so much more plausible than Jason. And yes, the entire Alien franchise is pawsome. Love every one. Even Prometheus.

spaceybrains

Halloween was so much scarier. Probably because it was so much more plausible than Jason. And yes, the entire Alien franchise is pawsome. Love every one. Even Prometheus.
I haven't seen 3, resurrection was cheesy (though I guess that was because of everyone's reaction to how serious 3 was), and I feel like I need to watch Prometheus again to get a better feel for it.

DuranWolf

Youngish greymuzzle
I'm a huge fan of 80's horror. Especially the goofy ones like:

Maximum Overdrive
Chopping Mall
Silent Night, Deadly Night (caused a bit of controversy back then)
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Galaxy Of Terror
Humanoids From the Deep
Terrorvision
Night of the Creeps
Vamp
Motel Hell
Scalps
The Deadly Spawn
Basket Case

I could go on forever.

O

Okami_No_Heishi

I'm a huge fan of 80's horror. Especially the goofy ones like:

Maximum Overdrive
Chopping Mall
Silent Night, Deadly Night (caused a bit of controversy back then)
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Galaxy Of Terror
Humanoids From the Deep
Terrorvision
Night of the Creeps
Vamp
Motel Hell
Scalps
The Deadly Spawn
Basket Case

I could go on forever.
Oh man! Having flashbacks now!!

B

BlueWorrior

The Exorcist is the only movie that has given me some creeps without using bloody jumpscares.
I also like Alien too. Very tense and moody.