• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your favorite Windows?

Favorite Windows?

Votes: 19 21.3%

Votes: 4 4.5%

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Vista

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • I don't use Windows

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Windows 7, hands down. Afterwards it's just a downward slope.

I used 7 for some years, but was forced to switch to 10 after my old computer died.

And 10 absolutely sucks. I feel my computer is not really mine anymore. It does whatever shit it wants, and I can't control it. Especially when it comes to updates, oooh boy! I hate it, it always happens without any input from me. Why the hell does it need so many updates?!
And it has tons, TONS of useless crap that just slows down the system. I managed to turn off some of it, but there's still more! There's way too many bells and whistles that exist without any purpose.
Some say it's intuitive, but for me, it's frustrating and hard to navigate. And don't think I'm just some grumpy grandpa who's used to his old stuff, I was born in 2004.

I really wish I could have something like Amiga Workbench 1.
My "old" computer still has 7 on it. Never had any security breach because of this. And even if - what can they do, encrypt the drive where I keep my Steam games installed?... Everything else lives happily under Linux, outside of the reach of M$. Total disk erasure might still happen, but there's backup for it.

At this point Windows is for me purely a gaming machine. And something that is used by businesses so I have to deal with that when working. Quite a few of its annoying features (not these updates of course!) actually make more sense in enterprise environments, but at home I don't need to be locked out of control of my own PC and have the decisions taken for me.