• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

what's your job?

coffinberry

for those of you who actually get out of your mother's basement and have financial responsibility: what is your paying job??

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
Practically most fields of web development.
java, php, xhtml, css, javascript, mysql, ajax, *nix server administration. There is a high demand for these types of labor, and i am not afraid to be jobless any time soon.

Right now, I'm in college studying economics. During breaks, I paint dorm rooms. It's boring as hell, but the people are cool, so it's worth my time.

meow_mix06

Blessing In Disguise
im currently unemployed =(...i just recently moved and getting back on my feet is becoming most difficult. i think itz the holidayz....hopefully ppl will start hiring after New Years.

but when i lived in Cali i use to push around old ppl in wheelchairs at the airport.

coffinberry

meow_mix06 said:
but when i lived in Cali i use to push around old ppl in wheelchairs at the airport.

that's all you did? THEY PAY PEOPLE TO DO THAT? :mindboggle:

Xipoid

Cameras
I'm a college student, thus a jobler.

- "Head Manufacturer" of a model airplane shop. Sounds glamorous, but it's a rather small shop. All fancy titles aside, I'm essentially the guy who runs the laser cutter.
- Friend of mine is a contractor. Sometimes he'll hire me out to do some menial PCB design (and I mean menial) when he doesn't feel like doing it. A contractor hiring a contractor, ironic. Of course, we don't tell the customer that. They wouldn't be happy if they knew some random guy with no design degree was doing their work.

Looking to start a company, too. We'll see how that goes.

meow_mix06

Blessing In Disguise
yup!

and u get tips as well....tax-free i might add ^_^

High school student is my occupation for now.

I've been sending my application to restraunts to try and be a waitress part time but my mom is having a conniption about it. Well gee, fuck me for trying to learn some responsiblity and get off the internet for longer during the day.

Vore Writer

Dog faced God
I'm a temp at a place called Contec. All we do is repair and test stuff for Motorola. Of course the bad thing about that is I can be laid off at any time, but I doubt it. Plus there's close to two years worth of work being shipped in.

Primary Job: Operations Analyst - Basically a Software Architect, Information Architect, Project Manager, Sales, R&D, Programmer, Tester, Documentation, and Trainer all rolled into one.
Secondary: College Professor
Third: Contractor - What ever people will pay me to design and code.

Tim Hortons.. Beleve it or not I love working there its LULZ and free cofee and yumm foods.

Soon I'm going to start apprentacing at a tatoo shop though.

Trellek

Haelken Pathfinder
I work the drive through at a McDonald's. Folks can make fun if they like but honestly society has reached the point where they damn near rely on fast food. Besides where I work I get to play with large quantities of green :). I used to cashier at the Geyser Grill at Old Faithful in Yellowstone..but..I uh, had some trouble with another employee so I'm not welcome in YNP anymore...

Ak-Nolij

Music Composer/Maker/ Beatmaker, DJ. Co-owner of my own production label till I turn 18. (I'm a bit of a musician, Drums and a little Piano/Keyboard)

If you're thinking I'm rollin' in the Benjamins, think again.

-My music isn't horrible, I get lots of praise for my work; My cousin told me once that after first listening to the beat tape I sent him, some random dude he and I didn't know offered 100 bucks for that particular beat. So basically that was enough to tell me that I was built for this sort of work.

-Problem. After moving from Denmark, which was where I started my career, my parents and I discovered that the company that hired my step father in the first place weren't prepared for us for settling in Bangkok. Meaning, they DIDN'T pay for our relocation, they DIDN'T pay for our transportation, they DIDN'T pay for my education, they didn't even pay for OUR BELONGINGS(meaning my main computer) to be brought off the friggin' ship.

So what am I stuck with? Using my mother's laptop for making cheap 2 cent beats and cheap ass digital art. Plus, if it hadn't been for the scholarship I'm getting at a boarding school, I'd still be subjected to a fucking Adult's Tutorial Center. We have to scrape up our own cash to survive for the month, all because the damn company was too cheap to tell us they weren't prepared to pay us when we got to Bangkok.

So yep, my career has been post-poned since April. Shows to know that even if you go to a new country, people are still a bunch of corporate dicks. I can't showcase my better, earlier work because I could only save so much on two writable CDs. Meaning they're on my main computer.

-Nolij

Lonely

Kyrre said:
I'm a telephone operator for the deaf.
"WHO, DO, YOU, WANT, TO, CALL, MA'AM!?"
Sorry, but that was funny in my head. (you helping them operate the telephone, not talk for them :roll:)

Anyway, my job is to not perform the eugenics society desperately needs. For those of you who don't get this, I work in retail. :wink: Seriously, especially during Christmas, there are many people who need to go.

Customer: Hi! Do you have that movie that came out this week that everyone wants?
Me: Sorry, we've been out for awhile.
Customer: Why don't you have one!?
Me: ...because every one wants it.
Customer: Are you sure!?
Me: ...yes. Yes I am. [go away]

Anyway, yeah, I check stuff out to people and restock. And get paid way too little for it.

Trellek

Haelken Pathfinder
I hear that...cashiering is fun until you're ready to kill someone for ten minutes of quiet..

Foggy

well for the last 4 years i was a carpenter. i really like to work with my paws and see my work when im done and take pride in it. I mostly did resisdential remodeling, it was cool to help take the crappiest house on the block and turn it into the nicest one.

For now, do to certain circumstances, ill be working in a ware house for vet supplies, until some things clear up and i can get back into my field.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Waiter. *sigh* but, it's actually pretty good money. As a student, my work time is limited, and in a good week, I an pull about 500-600 bucks. That, and the lulz are endless.

Edit, for below- No, but we do share the news when a great set of tits is in the house ^o^.

Lonely

You have the same game as in the movie Waiting?

That is actually very good money. I usually only make 5 or 6 dozen dollars a week. Given I only work about 10 hours a week, but still. Minimum wage sucks.

Trellek

Haelken Pathfinder
AzurePhoenix said:
Waiter. *sigh* but, it's actually pretty good money. As a student, my work time is limited, and in a good week, I an pull about 500-600 bucks. That, and the lulz are endless.

I think I may hate you...I pull 500-600 every two months when I'm lucky...

stoelbank

My current job is at a yaaay supermarket >.< but in a few months i am gonna work in the Dutch Air force, I got apache's to supply with bombs :wink:

zombowshep

i do alot of things act , build rat rods, model , and do odd jobs as well rite now just looking for a great career

stoelbank

zombowshep said:
i do alot of things act , build rat rods, model , and do odd jobs as well rite now just looking for a great career

What kind of odd jobs? >.<

I worked in a cat hotel :p that was odd :wink: and next to the cat hotel there is a dog hotel. lol