• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your job?

S

ScrewLoose

"All these people in the thread with fairly good jobs makes me wonder what went right with you guys,
I dunno. I just graduated highschool and spent the next few years working bullshit jobs til I finally got into the trade. Aint even gone to college yet. When I do it'll be a trade school and not some university

Nihles

Pet foxxo
None. I'm fucking unemployed and it sucks.
Yeah. It does suck. The last time I lost my job I was panicked about where to go or what would happen to me while being too depressed to do anything about it. It's tough to get through, I hope you find something good soon.

Nihles

Pet foxxo
"All these people in the thread with fairly good jobs makes me wonder what went right with you guys, so awesome job!

I guess my point is that ANY JOB IS A REAL JOB. You put in the hours, you do the work, get paid and deal with the bullshit that comes with the job; therefor it's a real job.

To be honest I am not sure what went right either. I went to a trade/technical school and the friends I made there referred me to a cushy job in my field. I work in Hazardous materials compliance, so mostly i just put stickers on stuff people aren't supposed to drink and wait around to answer esoteric questiobs about the code of federal regulations.

I totally agree about all jobs are real jobs; you might even be learning social, administrative or professional skills without realizing it.

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.
To be honest I am not sure what went right either. I went to a trade/technical school and the friends I made there referred me to a cushy job in my field. I work in Hazardous materials compliance, so mostly i just put stickers on stuff people aren't supposed to drink and wait around to answer esoteric questiobs about the code of federal regulations.

I totally agree about all jobs are real jobs; you might even be learning social, administrative or professional skills without realizing it.
Not at all sure what went right for me other than having a connection or two or bills to pay and willing to do just about anything to pay the rent.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Not at all sure what went right for me other than having a connection or two or bills to pay and willing to do just about anything to pay the rent.

Your list/situation sounds very similar to mine, looking back at all the crazy things I've done, just to stay afloat, and even now, how I still am. One huge problem: costs have gone WAY up, food, electricity, and especially rent; wages have been almost totally flat. I think for most of the lower to middle class, we have been, and are still losing ground, no matter the field, give or take.

Edit: Also, it is hard to even list the number of times I have moved, for various reasons, generally to save money on rent. Yikes. I feel like a nomad, in ways...

MadKiyo

I've been de-batted, oh no!
I work for a business that sells irrigation parts and equipment. I mean, it wasn't the job I was expecting, but I'll take what I can get when I'm not in college. *shrug*

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Anybody here have this job?

Pandox_Paradox

It looks like a stick figure wearing sunglasses
Found a job, starting Monday:
I'm a jewelry consultant who knows nothing about jewelry.

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
Holy shit, am I the first restaurant manager here? I mean it’s fast food (literally hehehehe) but it ain’t a bad gig. I don’t make too much, other restaurants definitely pay their managers more, but I don’t have nasty fucking fryers to clean or grease on every fucking surface. In fact, since I mostly manage weekends in a primarily college town during the summer, most nights are me and my staff getting stoned and dicking around on our phones because there’s literally nothing else to do. It takes no time at all to finish the cleaning list and slicing. Kinda boring tbh.

I am a nurse.

I work in a forensic mental hospital.

I am basically Nurse Ratched, IRL.

Okay ngl I had the biggest crush on her lol. I kinda have a thing for frigid milfs.

Taku

Can't hear you beneath the rumble of the bass
I'm a cook at the most successful (non-corporate) pizza place in the world, and I'm damn good at it.

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
I'm a dole bludger.:p Just kidding, I don't have a job yet cause I need to focus on my studies, not sure where I'll work after that's done, probably MacDonald's or something.

SirGavintheFurred

The Comment Cavalry
Unemployed. Need to hit 16 this November before I can get my first job. I'll take whatever job it is as long as I can handle it. Besides that, I have High School to deal with. A lot of you have interesting jobs though.

Last edited:

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Well for the next nine weeks, I'm an Electronics Tech for a School District, doing fire alarm inspections at the moment. Come October, I'm retired from that job and we're moving to the Mid-West. Sixteen years with the school district, got a good retirement package going.

N0t sure whether to teach basic guitar or work part time at the local hardware store. Just need to do something for four years until I can draw my full social security.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Well for the next nine weeks, I'm an Electronics Tech for a School District, doing fire alarm inspections at the moment. Come October, I'm retired from that job and we're moving to the Mid-West. Sixteen years with the school district, got a good retirement package going.

N0t sure whether to teach basic guitar or work part time at the local hardware store. Just need to do something for four years until I can draw my full social security.

Do both.

One-eyedCat

Random meower
Im a manager of a publix bakery. Just got promoted. I was the head baker. No more getting up at 2 am for work.

Nihles

Pet foxxo
Holy shit, am I the first restaurant manager here? I mean it’s fast food (literally hehehehe) but it ain’t a bad gig. I don’t make too much, other restaurants definitely pay their managers more, but I don’t have nasty fucking fryers to clean or grease on every fucking surface. In fact, since I mostly manage weekends in a primarily college town during the summer, most nights are me and my staff getting stoned and dicking around on our phones because there’s literally nothing else to do. It takes no time at all to finish the cleaning list and slicing. Kinda boring tbh.

Okay ngl I had the biggest crush on her lol. I kinda have a thing for frigid milfs.
What kinda fast food place doesn't have a fryer? o_O

fourur

petit trou du luke
Good luck! I have two degrees—Graphic Design and Creative writing and English and guess where the majority of my work experience is? Retail. You know why I have a hard time finding "real" jobs?

Retail goes "why are you here with your education?" and things in my fields go "you don't have enough related experience." Except where I live isn't very...design or writing-centric. :/ Trust me, I have applied to every single one in the entire city. The closest people I can get to bite want me an hour and a half away, or to move to the capitol 2 hours away. If I'm moving two hours away I might as well move closer to my wife's family, where their town is so up and coming you basically shout out the window for a job and you'll get one apparently. Seriously I visited for a weekend and got three offers. Three. Just because I was "related" to a regular customer.

However I've managed to net enough this week with the comms I was able to scrounge I can pay 3 of my bills so far! Granted the last two I have left are about $600 worth but at this rate I should be able to make most of it. I had to quit without a job lined up, paid all my bills for this month, and planned on living off of my wife's savings for a bit. So sometimes, you just have to get lucky I guess. If you ever need to chat, I understand what you're going through.

You do great effort in the field you like and you end up in retail, or order picker, or slaugherhouse, or worse, I guess the most efficient things is to create your corp, or yo build your own buisness to survive, I'm really tired to be the puppet of the economy and receive job application that not what I'm searching for. Don't give up and believe in your professionnal project.

Moonlit_Legacy

the most generic fox
I work as a copywriter right now, but unfortunately due to the area I live in, writing jobs are... Not viewed as necessary, which is highly unfortunate considering no one in this state could write their way out of a paper bag. Alright that's a little harsh, but it is frustrating not being able to have enough money to pay off my bills and save for a wedding. I do commissions of both the written and drawn variety and do adoptables as a side gig, but that can only take me so far. I'd honestly love to get in touch with any other copywriters or writers in general; knowing someone else in my field would be great. I feel pretty isolated, haha.