• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your job?

Naheta Doe

One day one step
Holy shit, am I the first restaurant manager here? I mean it’s fast food (literally hehehehe) but it ain’t a bad gig. I don’t make too much, other restaurants definitely pay their managers more, but I don’t have nasty fucking fryers to clean or grease on every fucking surface. In fact, since I mostly manage weekends in a primarily college town during the summer, most nights are me and my staff getting stoned and dicking around on our phones because there’s literally nothing else to do. It takes no time at all to finish the cleaning list and slicing. Kinda boring tbh.

Okay ngl I had the biggest crush on her lol. I kinda have a thing for frigid milfs.

Lol not a restraunt manager but I am the CDM (certified dietary manager) at a skilled nursing facility. Its a commercial kitchen on steroids I wish I only had to deal with the state inspectors but nope I get the center for Medicare and medicade as well.

We feed between 80 and 109 people with different diet requirements and texture needs 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
I think I might be unemployable. I dont accept authority, I only do things I think are needed and follow my own rules.

You sound like a politician.

Stadt

Eeriee the Wendigo
I'm an assistant manager at a pet store. I'm still not sure what I want to do for a career.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Recently got hired to teach basic math classes at at a tech school.
Yes, moar maths needed! It's appalling how many students graduate high school without knowing the math expected to succeed in college or life in general.

WarriorWhispers

.Pedigree.
I'm an Underwriter for an Insurance Broker.
...Decent money..Not very fun.

Peach's

mathmagician
Yes, moar maths needed! It's appalling how many students graduate high school without knowing the math expected to succeed in college or life in general.

I've achieved my dream of teaching 5th grade math to adults and getting a paycheck for it honestly.

Like, after 6 years of fucking Math school, teaching people how to find perimeter and use fractions is an amazing relief and ego trip.

S

Sagt

Economics student, without a side job at the moment.

Last year I worked in a cafe, but I was working too many hours alongside other commitments I had, which made me stressed. After coming to the epiphany that the money wasn't worth it, I quit. I considered trying to lower my hours... but I didn't really enjoy the job anymore anyways, and I wasn't really gaining any worthwhile experience from it either. The extra money was nice though. :c

Currently I'm in the process of applying for a temp job as an administrative assistant, to do only 4 hours a week, lol. It seems good though since I can fill up my CV a bit more with somewhat relevant experience (IT skills with excel, and other stuff) without needing to commit to too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

C-artsy

Artsy Fartsy
Cool job! :D Good excuse to have frozen sea water, LOL

I'm a full-time artist and hermit living on a nature preserve. Teach occasionally, but mainly I paint, sculpt, write, and illustrate.

Paolite

A happy dangerfloof
Right now I'm studying and not working, but my last work (this summer) was as an intern in an AI research team focused on the medical sector. It was really fun and I learned a lot. Even if I wasn't paid much I still have the satifaction of working on a project that will improve other people's live and maybe even save someone's live. :D

Joni

I'm a hot dog
Right now I'm studying and not working, but my last work (this summer) was as an intern in an AI research team focused on the medical sector. It was really fun and I learned a lot. Even if I wasn't paid much I still have the satifaction of working on a project that will improve other people's live and maybe even save someone's live. :D
What are you studying?

Paolite

A happy dangerfloof
What are you studying?
Video game design and development, which is basically computer science focused on video games. But I already left my dream of becoming a video game developer, I prefer to do something that really helps other people's life and the reasearch team I've been working this summer have already told me that if I want to keep working with them, they are going to help me pay a master degree and they'll also give me a place to do a PhD. :D

Joni

I'm a hot dog
Video game design and development, which is basically computer science focused on video games. But I already left my dream of becoming a video game developer, I prefer to do something that really helps other people's life and the reasearch team I've been working this summer have already told me that if I want to keep working with them, they are going to help me pay a master degree and they'll also give me a place to do a PhD. :D
Wow cool.

TabbyTomCat

Seems most of you either have a job or have living covered by parents (underage, students). I wonder why so many furries are broke or struggle to afford anything other than necessary bills? At least it seems like that on the Internet. I'm surprised that it happens even to furries living in USA, one of the highest average employee income counties of the world.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Seems most of you either have a job or have living covered by parents (underage, students). I wonder why so many furries are broke or struggle to afford anything other than necessary bills? At least it seems like that on the Internet. I'm surprised that it happens even to furries living in USA, one of the highest average employee income counties of the world.

Well, 2 things.
People without employment might be very worried about that and be more likely to talk about it on blogs.
The definition of 'employed' in the United States is very expansive and includes a lot of categories that most us would not intuitively regard as 'employed'...and you know, a lot of furries don't live in the USA anyway (like me).

S

Sagt

have living covered by parents (underage, students)
Or by enormous loans with high interest rates.

I wonder why so many furries are broke or struggle to afford anything other than necessary bills? At least it seems like that on the Internet. I'm surprised that it happens even to furries living in USA, one of the highest average employee income counties of the world.

Ever heard of income inequality? Or in-work poverty? Averages account poorly for extremes.

If you mean to say that it seems more prevalent with furries, maybe that's because furries are disproportionately young adults, who possibly haven't yet achieved their career potential. Or, because we disproportionately attract a lot of self-employed artists, which isn't a career well-known for income stability. Or, maybe because we, subconsciously, take greater note of the 'poor' people compared to the 'ordinary' people, and the internet (not being economically segregated) makes the 'poor' people more visible to those who live in wealthier areas. I don't know.

TabbyTomCat

I assume that income inequality is the same across (at least western) world and across fandoms. But my assumption may be wrong.
Yet I don't see that many people to mention personal financial struggle in other communities.

That disproportional share of self-employed artists is good point.

P

Picklepaige

I'm going to school to be a nurse, does that count? I like medical things, and that RN pay is pretty nice! Plus I loooove how flexible the schedule is. You can get basically any shift/days you want, which is super nice.