• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your job?

TabbyTomCat

I'm a job thief.

I do an engineering job for big US corporation that outsourced all domestic engineering jobs to cheap countries because we can deliver the same results for 1/6 to 1/4 of US wages.
The same corporation is also hiring third world engineers for 1/3 of my pay. The only reason I still have this job is that they haven't found anyone competent there yet.

So now you can focus your hate towards me.

I just wonder if there is a way I could leverage exchange rates in my favor instead of corporate. If I could get my ordinary job for US wage while living in my region, my pay would be very close to official salary of the President of my country. Not kidding.

JakeTheFoXx

Ope, 'Scuse Me
I roll around in these uncomfortable loud wagons
images

Yumus

Remember; Wherever you go, there you are.
Fishmonger

Jarren

You can't just quote yourself! -Me
Currently: I do a bit of everything for a local small business, particularly web presence/social media management.

Hopefully soon: Conservation officer for the state fish and game department.

Littlefoot505

AKA Durango Thunderfoot
I'm a college student. I'm probably going to get an on-campus job next semester though.

The Matte-Black Cat

Dark/Psychic-Timid Nature-Often lost in thought
I sell jewelry...
At a retail store....
Imagine how much fun I'm gonna have around Christmas time! :eek:

T

thiivdan

I'm a computer tech working for Geek Squad. I'm also working towards getting a degree in network administration.

atlantiarai

I'm a chef actually at a local University! I've gone through schooling, managed restaurants, done the whole hiring/firing experience etc. It's really fun and an always changing work environment. I typically start my shift at 4:30am and done by noon. Which is nice, I have all afternoon/evening to laze around and work on crafts haha. It's a good life.

Tao

Hare Boi
I used to be a chef for a while, now I just do seasonal jobs while I'm in school. I've been trying to get everything in order to sell foraged mushrooms to restaurants but it's surprisingly complicated.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Oh so many things, I work at a school as a crossing patroller (Lollypop man) I run a small home shopping company and I work as a parcel delivery driver on Saturdays (yey Christmas:eek:).

Frijolero

Pipe fitter
Oil/gas not plumbing
Enjoying being laid off currently

Apoc-Volkov

Mechanical Mind
I make sure the lights turn on when they're supposed to, whenever I'm not a professional student. Seawater and remotely-operated weapon systems may be involved as well.

JakeTheFoXx

Ope, 'Scuse Me
Work at DC headquarters for Occupational Health and Safety programs. Workplace safety, industrial hygiene, fire protection... I am always in awe of the creative ways people come up with to hurt themselves and keep folks like @JakeTheFoXx busy.
Lol, you aren't kidding! I bet you see all sorts of odd and injuries with weird stories!

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
I work as a clubber for a fur seal harvester company. Just kidding...
I'm a printer. I do mostly finishing and bindry work (saddle stitching and perfect binding). I print con books for some Furry cons. I also do lots of paperback books and funeral memorial booklets. My hours are whack, though. I was working at 2am last night getting a funeral booklet ready for a wake that was at 2pm today. I also do Ebay stuff, selling antiques and collectibles. I've done antiques and collectibles since I was 8 years old. I'm now 63. I do some occasional writing and art. I am like @Guifrog and spend a lot of time repairing photos and doing print layout work.

Skipper84

I'm a fire lieutenant for fairly large department in California. I used to work for a much smaller fire department, but decided to leave for more promotional and training opportunities as well as specialized assignments. Prior to that I was a law enforcement officer for a large state agency. Working a 48/96 schedule is pretty awesome. It definitely gives ample time for hobbies and travel.

JakeTheFoXx

Ope, 'Scuse Me
I'm a fire lieutenant for fairly large department in California. I used to work for a much smaller fire department, but decided to leave for more promotional and training opportunities as well as specialized assignments. Prior to that I was a law enforcement officer for a large state agency. Working a 48/96 schedule is pretty awesome. It definitely gives ample time for hobbies and travel.
Rock on! Lieutenant at a large fire department sounds like it took some hard work to get there! Congrats! I work EMS and used to do 48/96 hour shifts, which I loved as well. It was like a 4 day weekend at the end of every shift. I have since moved to a busier EMS department and we do the 24/48s. Not my favorite, but it beats the modified Berkley IMO.

Faexie

Rara for short :)
I'm a cashier in a grocery store and I'm studying to become a childhood educator (I'm gonna watch over preschool children and help them with their developpment)

pandasayori

Dreaming Hobbyist
I used to work retail at Cracker Barrel, but soon I'll be starting flight attendant training.