• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your job?

gamermaid

Lady Shark doo doo doo doo doo doo
I work as a seller at a small bookstore. It's not much, but I do get free coffee at the cafe.

Skipper84

Rock on! Lieutenant at a large fire department sounds like it took some hard work to get there! Congrats! I work EMS and used to do 48/96 hour shifts, which I loved as well. It was like a 4 day weekend at the end of every shift. I have since moved to a busier EMS department and we do the 24/48s. Not my favorite, but it beats the modified Berkley IMO.

It's definitely been a journey with some "fun" injuries along the way. I worked EMS on the side about 8 years ago to get more interaction with patients since most of what I do is arrive on scene about 10 seconds before EMS and stand around trying to look cool. I really enjoyed working on the box, but our EMS system was and is chaotic at best. At the time, there 6 different companies and that was interesting to say the least. I really wish that the county would go with a sole provider, but that's too much to ask for.

JakeTheFoXx

Ope, 'Scuse Me
It's definitely been a journey with some "fun" injuries along the way. I worked EMS on the side about 8 years ago to get more interaction with patients since most of what I do is arrive on scene about 10 seconds before EMS and stand around trying to look cool. I really enjoyed working on the box, but our EMS system was and is chaotic at best. At the time, there 6 different companies and that was interesting to say the least. I really wish that the county would go with a sole provider, but that's too much to ask for.
Mad respect. There is no way I could do the Fire side. I am just not cut out for it nor am I physically fit enough for it. I love our Fire Dept, they are such a great group of guys and gals, Id give an arm and a leg for em. 6 different EMS agencies? That kinda sounds like the movie Mother, Jugs and Speed lol. That sounds chaotic. I kind of like the idea of a County based EMS service. That is what I work for. It's unified throughout the entire are, and that makes it easier.