• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your recent musical discovery?

C

CoolWildGroovy

Just bought this and am in LOVE with it aaaah. Really love finding small bands.

tucakeane

Wouldn't really call it a "discovery", because I'd heard of Ween since they appeared in the South Park episode of "Chef Aid", which I saw when it first came out. Then heard them perform "Fancy Pants" on Crank Yankers a few years later and enjoyed it. As I got older and started going to shows that was one of the songs that would come on between bands at my favorite concert hall. It was toe-tapping but also kinda silly, so I thought "ugh, not for me."
One day, about a year ago- I decided to listen to "Fancy Pants" again and let Youtube play another song from their album. Blew me away. Their station on my Pandora is my best station and I play it all the time at work.

MaximusLupis

Hipster Snob
I was tweeting about Crying's new album the day it came out and my friend pointed me towards Jeff Rosenstock's WORRY. which released on the same day.

Its quickly become one of my favourite albums of all time

Badger94

I am the world's forgotten boy
Blue October, specifically calling you, hate me, into the ocean. The Killers, specifically spaceman, mr.brightside, all these things that ive done, when you were young. These bands/songs arnt new to me, but Ive rediscovered them and they've just resonated with me so much and I cant stop playing them all one after the other. Recently Ive been struggling and these songs describe my emotions better than I can. I feel too much, it gets confusing and usually I dont even know what im feeling, just if its good or bad. Sorry for party rocking fellow furs.

Chups

My last discovery was the genre electro swing and the funny thing is that the first video I've seen on youtube was with anthropomorphic animals ^_^

I knew electro swing but not this one ! This one is really great and the animation is incredible

Storok

670 blp
i cant get Kid Cudi & Kanye West with "Erase Me" out of my head

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Temper Trap, The Naked And Famous, and Young The Giant.

nerdbat

Green butt of reason
Talking Heads - Remain in Light. My first album this year, and the one I enjoy a lot. It has a somewhat legendary status (as far as appearing in many "best albums in history" lists), but i avoided it for a long time, since I'm not really into long-winded Doors-esque rock (which is what I thought of this band after listening to "Psycho Killer"). Damn I was misled - it's some of the funkiest, catchiest, most intricate New Wave I ever heard in my life.

xaliceonfire

Kiralee
Eskimo Callboy- Crystals.

Pretty much mostly listen to metal, but this is a nice blend of EDM and hardcore.

ChromaticRabbit

lagomorphic
Banned
Years ago I rescued a a pile of old vinyl LP albums that someone had set out with their trash to be sent to the landfill. I stopped my car and piled all the LPs in, figuring I'd get around to them eventually. Most of them I went through long ago, but I recently got around to cleaning and listening to one of the straggler albums, and went out after that to buy four more albums from the band. They are The Pentangle, a tight-sounding jazz-influenced British folk rock act whose sound and ethos seemed watercolored (as most popular culture was at that time) by a bit of the psychedelic.

I love what these guys were doing (and how), and I've enjoyed recognizing their sound as the roots for later music I already knew and loved.

Last edited:

Royn

Otterest Sergal evah!
Stumbled across this a few days ago, and now... yep, stuck in my head... Turns out I like these musical freaks.

Sogreth

Local Cuddle Bear and Wannabe Writer
My last discovery was the genre electro swing and the funny thing is that the first video I've seen on youtube was with anthropomorphic animals ^_^

Yes yes! I just came across them too! Love them so much, bought 2 of their albums.

That song was the first one I saw from them too!

WolfyJake

Professional Cuddlefluff
This is a fantastic song, I used to have this on repeat non-stop a few months ago.
Recently I've become slightly addicted to the Initial D anime and the music associated to that... I'm not talking about the running in the 90's meme (although it isn't a bad song)
I'm talking about this:
This one is the calmest of the three, but still sounds cool.
This one always cheers me up :p It sounds so happy!
And this is like just all kinds of awesome.
I really think it sounds really good, even though I don't understand a word of Japanese, and the English words strewn throughout the songs are kinda flawed. Count me as a fan of this.