• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your stereotype of Russia?

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
I've always assumed that most Russians speak Russian and live in Russia, have an average of two legs, two arms, one head and half a penis.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

sunshyne

Half a penis? How does that work? What was there a massive outbreak of people humping blenders?

Averages. Half a country of men and half women equals an average of half a penis. So technically the average Russian would have slightly less than two arms and two legs as well.

...and with Chernobyl, probably slightly more than one head :V (jk, I know that is the Ukraine now)

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
in after bears on unicycles.

Mostly bitter cold and vodka.

I am not very fond of the Russian government, and especially of Putin and Medvedev. They have done nothing against me, but their government aids my enemies and surpresses it's own people. Russia is not a state of free will. Previous ideologies are preventing Russia from advancing, it seems to me. Many Russian people who moved to my country are practicing illegal affairs with one another. I doubt any rebel attempts against the Russian government were successful, and if some were, they were censored and hidden. No good will grow of that country at this rate.

Ricky

Many Russian people who moved to my country are practicing illegal affairs with one another.

I'm curious to what you're referring, here.

And yeah -- Russia, Iran and Syria seem to all be sucking each other's dick.

They have quite the three-way going on over there.

Iran is probably the biggest threat to Israel right now (assuming Syria doesn't fuck up with their weapons stock) especially since Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollah both publicly stated recently they wanted Isreal wiped off the map...

E

Elim Garak

I am not very fond of the Russian government, and especially of Putin and Medvedev. They have done nothing against me, but their government aids my enemies and surpresses it's own people. Russia is not a state of free will. Previous ideologies are preventing Russia from advancing, it seems to me. Many Russian people who moved to my country are practicing illegal affairs with one another. I doubt any rebel attempts against the Russian government were successful, and if some were, they were censored and hidden. No good will grow of that country at this rate.
I admire Putin, at least he stands up to the US, As he said, US doesn't need allies, it seeks SERVANTS. Pulling us in their shitty wars and copyright lobby.
Also the world went nuts when in the 2008 South Ossetia war Russia beat up Georgia while Georgia fucking started the shit with artillery.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike Iran but keep in mind how they got in charge there, fucking CIA coop d'etat. All those covert strikes with Stuxnet and the likes is bullshit as well.
Also please leave Palestine alone. You guys seem to get upset because they strike back after you guys push em in a fucking corner.

Also some Russian bad assery:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rAHrHd2lcw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSDh0UcKgU8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy8mxh0P63M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_aDMqFrUV8 Look at this bitch, after 68 years in a field they managed to fire it up in a day or two.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGofoatz-20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjmhY_gC5u8 (October or Ten Days That Shook The World, mixed with Red Army Choir's Let's Go)

Ricky

E

Elim Garak

What does any of this have to do with Putin?

You are confusing me.
Perhaps he is corrupt, but so is pretty much every politician, especially in the US.
Putin did great things for Russia as well, economy skyrocketed, He cleaned up the mess after the USSR fell.

Ricky

Perhaps he is corrupt, but so is pretty much every politician, especially in the US.
Putin did great things for Russia as well, economy skyrocketed, He cleaned up the mess after the USSR fell.

Please don't confuse Russia with America -- there's a huge difference. We have stuff like free speech and gay rights over here. Yeah, there are corrupt politicians here (some of them anyway. not all or most) but no matter how well or crappy we are doing it doesn't make anything in Russia right or wrong

But free speech, a media that is not completely censored (like in Russia) -- these are important things.

Last edited:
E

Elim Garak

Please don't confuse Russia with America -- there's a huge difference. We have stuff like free speech and gay rights over here. Yeah, there are corrupt politicians here (some of them anyway. not all or most) but no matter how well or crappy we are doing it doesn't make anything in Russia right or wrong

But free speech, a media that is not completely censored (like in Russia) -- these are important things.
Oh yes, media is not censored in America, all it does is broadcast propaganda from whatever movement the corporation behind it supports.

I'm curious to what you're referring, here.
Bribery, promotion of certain services, gaining money in ways that can't be proven legal nor illegal.
The biggest threat to Israel currently is it's government and it's prime minister, who do nothing correct and care only about their fame and wealth.
Religion is also a terrible threat. We must first end it before we may proceed and advance.

I admire Putin, at least he stands up to the US, As he said, US doesn't need allies, it seeks SERVANTS. Pulling us in their shitty wars and copyright lobby.
Also the world went nuts when in the 2008 South Ossetia war Russia beat up Georgia while Georgia fucking started the shit with artillery.
What Putin does indeed conflicts with my false morals and ideals, but Putin is not a coward. He is not afraid of showing his true face, or at least isn't afraid of showing how he attempts to manipulate everybody around him. The correct path to take is not the one in which you are his enemy.

There isn't such a huge difference.
The media is overcrowded with propganda, lies and plots. It might be the American government's paranoia of Communism.
While there's free speech, some words you say may trigger unexpected consequences in which you are either thrown into jail or just perish.
America may have gay rights, but it also has many religious preachers who claim the opposite, and many extrimists may not only be offensive, but violent.
If you look at the economy, the case is pretty similar. Tycoons in the US, tycoons in Russia, the rest are poor.

Last edited:

FoxDanFox

Sherlock Chaos
I think the Russian accent is very guttural, very mannish. That's the way I like it. I have a friend who is not Russian, but speaks with such an accurate accent, you'd think he was from there. Goosebumps, I tell ya. A Russian furry? ermegerd. Total awesomeness wrapped up in fur. :)
Great thanks! :)

FoxDanFox

Sherlock Chaos
Alright, guys, most of you are saying things that you don't know anyhting about AT ALL. Especially our friend from Israel. That's frustrating.

FoxDanFox

Sherlock Chaos
And that's a pity nobody associates Russia with greatest writers: Pushkin, Dostoevskiy, Tolstoy, Chekhov, Esenin... Didn't you read them? If not, I am feeling sorry for you.

FoxDanFox

Sherlock Chaos
Not to mention famous scientists and musicians... Mendeleev (Periodic table), Lomonosov (langiage arts), Pirogov (first world anaesthetic), Slifosivskiy (medicine), Mechnikov (microbiology), Korolev (planes, rockets) and many others... Rakhmaninov, Tchaikovskiy, Rubenstein, Musorgskiy, Shostakovich and many others... And you are telling me no talented people can grow up in this country?!

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
FoxDan, multiqoute is your comrade, trust me...and don't be afraid of a paragraph or two.

Stereotypes are often unkind. If I were in your position writing the OP, I probably would have said "What are your first thoughts about Russia?" instead. As I expect the most popular expectations and or pop culture will occur first.

But chin up, we come from all over here...