• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your stereotype of Russia?

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Dude, seriously, stop multi-posting.

FoxDanFox

Sherlock Chaos
Alright. Maybe we should shut this down?

FoxDanFox

Sherlock Chaos
Thank you all for sharing your ideas and thoughts! Oops, multiposting again. Jeez. XD

I am aware of that Russia has many great writers and scientist, but that's irrelevant to the current political state with Russia and the terrible yet amazing leaders of the country.
Naturally, you should know best about Russia, but since you're also fed government propganda through media, some of your information may be incorrect.
Please, I am not completely clueless. I am certainly less than 100% correct, and it is human to deny statements that oppose yours, but if you want to bash my words, it might be best to refer to what I wrote and not name a couple of scientists and writers, as that is not going to make me, and perhaps us, think better of your homeland.

E

Elim Garak

Not to mention famous scientists and musicians... Mendeleev (Periodic table), Lomonosov (langiage arts), Pirogov (first world anaesthetic), Slifosivskiy (medicine), Mechnikov (microbiology), Korolev (planes, rockets) and many others... Rakhmaninov, Tchaikovskiy, Rubenstein, Musorgskiy, Shostakovich and many others... And you are telling me no talented people can grow up in this country?!

And that's a pity nobody associates Russia with greatest writers: Pushkin, Dostoevskiy, Tolstoy, Chekhov, Esenin... Didn't you read them? If not, I am feeling sorry for you.
Isaac Asimov, never forget Asimov.
Sergei Eisenstein also, great movie maker.

First man in space, Yuri Gagarin.
Victor Glushkov, founder of cybernetic research, first personal computer(MIR).
Oleg Losev, LEDs.
Mikhail Tikhonravov, Sputnik designer, First sattelite!

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
Isaac Asimov, never forget Asimov.
Sergei Eisenstein also, great movie maker.

First man in space, Yuri Gagarin.
Victor Glushkov, founder of cybernetic research, first personal computer(MIR).
Oleg Losev, LEDs.
Mikhail Tikhonravov, Sputnik designer, First sattelite!

Sergei Korolev, Russian rocket designer
Valentin Petrovich Glushko, Russian rocket engine designer - whose designs were so good, after the Cold War NASA wanted to buy them...
Andrei Sakharov, Russian atomic scientist
Andrei Tupolev, Russian aircraft designer

(If the OP had wanted to know what facts we knew about Russia instead of stereotypes, he should have said so :p )

Bambi

Joined 2008 - Returned 2022
Sergei Korolev, Russian rocket designer
Valentin Petrovich Glushko, Russian rocket engine designer - whose designs were so good, after the Cold War NASA wanted to buy them...
Andrei Sakharov, Russian atomic scientist
Andrei Tupolev, Russian aircraft designer

(If the OP had wanted to know what facts we knew about Russia instead of stereotypes, he should have said so :p )
I love forums like these -- you can learn so much shit. :cool:

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
And that's a pity nobody associates Russia with greatest writers: Pushkin, Dostoevskiy, Tolstoy, Chekhov, Esenin... Didn't you read them? If not, I am feeling sorry for you.

Hey, it could be worse:

"Ernest Rutherford - first man to split the atom, Edmund Hillary - first man to the top of Mt Everest, Kate Sheppard - suffragette instrumental in getting New Zealand women to be the first in the world with the right to vote, and Sam Neil - famous Hollywood actor. Yet what's the first thing foreigners think of when New Zealand is mentioned? Fucking sheep..."

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Yet what's the first thing foreigners think of when New Zealand is mentioned? Fucking sheep..."
*mimics sheep*
Bbbaaaaaaa some more.
*rimshot*

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
"All those sheep are bloody liars!" :)
At least you don't have a minority of your populace that actually take pride in the stereotypes and try and force the rest of the populace into following said stereotypes.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
I have always heard the term "Crazy Russians" and upon watching video's on YouTube from Russia I can see how they get the nick.

E

Elim Garak

I have always heard the term "Crazy Russians" and upon watching video's on YouTube from Russia I can see how they get the nick.
When Americans do stupid things it's "Stupid guy does something" when a Russian or Russian sounding guy does it it will be "Russian idiot doing things". Lots more Americans being retarded on YouTube anyways.