• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your thoughts on drugs?

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
As a Canadian, buying weed from the store legally is old hat now. Just remember, CBD is the pain-managing component, so if that's your goal, make sure you buy one high in that and lower in THC. Oils or extracts/edibles are probably your best bet.

True...though the THC is sure a nice distraction! There's been medical here for a while, but recreational is new.

On that note, I have a new motto for Michigan, but folks here don't seem to think we should adopt it, even though I think it'd be funny:

Michigan: Almost Canada :p

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
My thoughts on drugs are difficult to describe. They only make sense when I'm on drugs :p

FlooferWoofer

Depressed. Going back into lurk mode.
My thoughts on drugs? Quite trippy. Ha!

For the reel though, I'm a mixed bag there. On one paw I believe a person should get to live their life however they choose provided they aren't hurting anyone in the process. On the other, some substances should still be confiscated and destroyed where ever it's seized: Heroine, Crack, Meth, Cocaine, etc because these foster addictions that would drive an otherwise decent person to steal, lie, drive loaded, etc.

Weed should be legalized for sure. Criminalization has just lead to a lucrative underground market and people smoking that nasty "incense"stuff in lieu of weed that can fry your brain.

dragon-in-sight

mane diva
I don't care if anyone takes ganja or shrooms. But I myself never felt the urge to take drugs or smoke. I even rarely drink alcohol, beside at a party now and then. I've other vices to attend to. ^^,,

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Dwugs awe Owo-kay!

...That was so bad

I like coffee and alcohol, never tried any other

Sirnannos

It all depends on what we consider to be drugs. Some people believe that smartphones and the Internet are serious drugs, and for some, heroin is entertainment. I do not belong to either the first or the second type, since they are something in between. I have never tried hard drugs and to be honest, I do not want to try, because I do not see the point in this. The most I've tried is marijuana and kratom. It was very difficult to find the best kratom buy, but I did it with the help of my friend. I do not consider this a drug, since it does not cause such addiction as heroin or cocaine. You can also easily get rid of them, so this is also the reason why this can not be considered a drug, but do not forget that each person has their own opinion and I will not dispute someone's opinion. I just want to say that soft drugs are nothing wrong if not abused (IMHO)

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
Drug laws are asinine, none of the governments business what you put in your body as far as I'm concerned.
I could see psychedelics being the next to go legal, so much medical potential with both acid and mushrooms in the department of depression and PTSD.

Also, I can neither confirm or deny my love for acid:p

AptInsignificantKronosaurus-max-1mb.gif

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Only if someone has a medical condition where they need them, otherwise I try to abstain from it as much as possible. I hate smoking, any recreational drug, and even alcohol. I was once on Adderall until they realized it didn't help me. In terms of weed, I am split. I believe if you need it then you should take it in proper amounts, otherwise I don't see the point other than for medical use.

fawlkes

Fuck the DEA, if you can't afford a doctor or insurance, you should be able to treat yourself.
I would only slightly agree with you here. For the most part people only treat symptoms, they don't treat causes. I have big books of medicines and drugs full of uses, indicators, contra-indicators, side effects, and warnings on almost every substance available on the market right now, including the prices for the UK Health Board and private pharmacies... and I even I wouldn't feel comfortable prescribing medication to someone unless approved by a health professional.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
This is kinda a political discussion.

Thanks to Fawlkes for pointing out the dangers that medical grade drugs pose, and the reason that their prescription is entrusted to qualified professionals.

ben909

TFTGed beevee... that did not go as planed
1607613152829.jpeg

Did not want to be the second one to comment of this because its old, but other people have so, deploys a picture from another thread

—————

in a more serrious note, drugs and other chemicals should be used with caution

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Fuck the DEA, if you can't afford a doctor or insurance, you should be able to treat yourself.

Catch is, some people aren't qualified to get their health right with just regular FOOD let alone mind-and-body altering chemicals. <grin>

Me, I think it's really an individual thing...like drinking. Some people enjoy a drink or 2 occasionally and are perfectly fine, while some others become ugly hopeless alcoholics in no time flat, but it's not the alcohol that caused it...it was the person. Be it drugs or guns or fireworks or pufferfish livers...some people are responsible and others are dangers to themselves and others around them.

That's how I see drugs...some people can handle them fine and even benefit from them, others need to be watched. But blaming the object for the actions of the individual is just silly to me, and misses the root problem totally. Take way the drug from an addict and they will simply have the same addictive personality that got them in trouble in the first place and find something else...why not deal with THAT issue first? Which BTW is what rehab does...they don't just clean you up, they make you understand what went wrong with you in the first place to get to the point where you needed rehab while others did not.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Kind of wondering if this appropriate for a PG-13 forum, but hey.

As for drugs, I never did them and I feel others probably shouldn't, but as long as they are legal that is their business.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Kind of wondering if this appropriate for a PG-13 forum, but hey.

As for drugs, I never did them and I feel others probably shouldn't, but as long as they are legal that is their business.

Are you kidding? This is the time TO talk about drugs if not sooner in age. Anyone over 13 can easily have exposure at any time to them...might as well learn from all sides what's up with them.

If it makes you feel better, nobody's saying "OMG you have to try this!" (which IMO I'd agree would be inappropriate), but having multiple opinions and viewpoints is never harmful in getting honest information out and cutting through any misconceptions, rather than propaganda. Given the current tone, I this is appropriate age-wise I think...

Yakamaru

Bad Jokes Inc.
>New account
>Posts in a long-dead thread
Derp.jpg

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Are you kidding? This is the time TO talk about drugs if not sooner in age. Anyone over 13 can easily have exposure at any time to them...might as well learn from all sides what's up with them. If it makes you feel better, nobody's saying "OMG you have to try this!"...which IMO I'd agree would be inappropriate, but having multiple opinions and viewpoints is never harmful in getting honest information out.
I don't have a problem with kids being taught about drugs and their effects in an educational setting by experts, like how sex ed how is done. That is fine, especially in the midst of an opioid epidemic.

That said, I wouldn't trust every single here to give accurate information about drug and their usage to minors in an informative manner conducive to their safety. There is such a thing as bad advice and with drugs, poor information can kill.

All sides are not accurate and people can have different reactions to drugs.

Last edited:

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
Medical drugs? That's fine.
Recreational drugs? Technically that'd depend heavily, but in general I'm usually against them, like don't get me wrong I know I have had edibles at one point, granted that's prob the most generic kind of drug, but it's also the legal one here, or at least in the city I'm at it's fine. Plus my mother was there anyway, a nurse so she more than knew it wouldn't be bad to me in moderation.

Maybe in future I might try more, but honestly, know the risks and know what you're getting yourself into of course to those who are 18+ you're an adult and can technically do whatever, but have some common sense. I've set my limits on what drugs I'd never want to do and I'll keep in contact with peeps with more medical info about such things if needed.

tl;dr: Do your research, and stay safe.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I don't have a problem with kids being taught about drug and their effects in an educational setting by experts, like how sex ed how is done. That is fine, especially in the midst of an opioid epidemic.

That said, I wouldn't trust every single here to give accurate information about drug and their usage to minors in an informative manner conducive to their safety. There is such a thing as bad advice and with drugs, poor information can kill.

All sides are not accurate and people can have different reactions to drugs.

Exactly...neither would I, which is why it's good to have multiple opinions...to cancel out the garbage. Kind of a self-correcting system...

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Exactly...neither would I, which is why it's good to have multiple opinions...to cancel out the garbage. Kind of a self-correcting system...
Except those multiple opinions may include the wrong information that people who are not familiar with recreational drugs may be able to identify.

Eremurus

live long, and prosper
Marijuana. : ) Good stuff.

Meta_Tiara

Had some alcoholic beverages in the past, and my daily medication might count as drugs. Other than that, I really haven’t delved much into drugs and I have no motivation to do so. I‘m fine with drugs when they’re used responsibly by adults, whether they be for recreational, medical, or whatever purposes.

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
I have zero problems with medicinal drugs.

As for the more dangerous drugs in a recreational context...I would encourage everyone not to take them. You're better safe than sorry.
Tobacco and alcohol can just as easily mess up your life if you become dependent on them. Responsible use is a must, even for legal drugs.

At the same time, I think we often treat addicts WAY too harshly. Our primary concern should be getting them the help they need, not putting them in prison.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I'm not a big fan of mind altering drugs but so long as someone is doing drugs in the privacy of their own home and they're not hurting anyone, that's none of my business.

That said, addiction is both terrifying and destructive. Having fun in occasion is one thing but if you need drugs every day just to feel normal, please get help!

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Something worth pointing out is that no illicit drug can be considered safe.

If you're about to use an illegal drug, its purity and strength hasn't been approved by a regulator. So you really have no idea what you're actually going to put into your body.