• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your thoughts on drugs?

Jaredthefox92

Something worth pointing out is that no illicit drug can be considered safe.

If you're about to use an illegal drug, its purity and strength hasn't been approved by a regulator. So you really have no idea what you're actually going to put into your body.

I agree, if you need to take a drug illegally then more than likely you're not needing it for medicinal purposes. Dosage and moderation is necessary for any substance, even when it's needed.

Lexiand

Werewolf
I would not recommend drugs of any kind unless your doctor prescribes them.
Unless its those hard stuff then no.

Jaredthefox92

They gave me Adderall in the 90's and early 2000's because they thought I had ADD, I was so miserable on that shit that I lied to my parents about taking it in the morning for a year and eventually I told them and they realized I didn't need it. Oh and it turned out I had autism and not ADD.

FlooferWoofer

Depressed. Going back into lurk mode.
Honestly? My opinions on drugs may change once I see how the decriminalization of everything pans out in Oregon. Stay tuned for potentially changing opinions and character growth!

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
If it isnt posing a danger to others than tbh it shouldn't be an issue.
We should educate and inform people what they can expect from the drugs though like hey youll feel like this but it can have these effects on your body and this risk to it as well, but beyond that I would say screw it let people do what they will far as drugs go.

I would actually go a step farther and say we should provide safe locations for people to do their drugs and includes providing sterile syringes and such as well, and resources for getting rehabilitation if they desire to do so as well.

Eremurus

live long, and prosper
I think the decriminalization of all drugs, the way Portugal approached it, is the correct route.

I believe (too lazy to copy paste the links, but you can Google it) that their overall usage rate and incarceration as a result decreased significantly.

FlooferWoofer

Depressed. Going back into lurk mode.
If it isnt posing a danger to others than tbh it shouldn't be an issue.
We should educate and inform people what they can expect from the drugs though like hey youll feel like this but it can have these effects on your body and this risk to it as well, but beyond that I would say screw it let people do what they will far as drugs go.

I would actually go a step farther and say we should provide safe locations for people to do their drugs and includes providing sterile syringes and such as well, and resources for getting rehabilitation if they desire to do so as well.
Agreed. Also, this way if an overdose happens they are right there where immediate help is. It would be much more preferable to doing them somewhere sketchy. I'm still just waiting to see how it affects things like the economy, incarceration, addiction rates, and the more unpredictable sociological impacts before I decide.

I don't expect it will play out too differently than say Colorado and cannabis, but it will still be fascinating to see the impacts play out.

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
I think the decriminalization of all drugs, the way Portugal approached it, is the correct route.

I believe (too lazy to copy paste the links, but you can Google it) that their overall usage rate and incarceration as a result decreased significantly.

This 100%

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
To me, it's not just about the people getting addicted - it's about what the addicts do to the people in their own lives, and themselves.

I have lost a cousin to addiction. She OD'd.

My dad was a functional alcoholic for years, then he started doing prescription sleep aids. He was taking two or three Ambien at a time. He lost everything because of it.

My fiance's daughter has been in and out of prison since she was in her early twenties. She's in her thirties now. She has a 13 year old kid she abandoned because she chose her addiction over him. She stole tens of thousands of dollars from her own parents and grandparents and other family to fund her addiction. She has been permanently disowned by the entire family because she cannot be trusted. Even when they were trying to help and support her, she lied and stole from them, and enough was enough. Her grandparents and son were almost left homeless because of her actions.

If they want to do the drugs. . .that's fine. . .but they should not expect a warm welcome when their addiction destroys the lives of the people around them, too.

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
I’m experimenting with cannabis myself. I heard that it has a lot of potential for helping me with my problems such as depression, anxiety, autism, and ADHD.

quoting_mungo

Self-medicating in general is usually not advisable, especially not on a more regular basis. (There are, full disclosure, circumstances where I might self-medicate with alcohol, but they are definitely a rare exception, not a regular thing. Like less than a handful times ever so far rare exception.) One of the great tragedies of the war on drugs is how much it has limited research on drugs, along with it being pushed underground where there’s no quality assurance. So not only do we not necessarily have exhaustive data on reactions and interactions, there’s also always the risk of the product being cut with something else that changes how you metabolize it, or which you have a poor reaction to. Impurities wouldn’t so much be a concern with eg. marijuana from a legal dispensary or alcohol from a store, but “illegal” drugs (including marijuana given it’s still federally illegal) still have the problem of limitations on research.

Everyone will also react differently to intoxicants, so self-medicating based on other people’s experiences is an especially poor idea.

Jaredthefox92

I personally hate being on any medication, but if I must I'll consult my physician first. I was once forced to take Adderall in my childhood.

lionrock

So far I see no negative effects from my end. And quite frankly, I’d rather feel high than like shit. If you know what I mean.
I understand you perfectly, but what do you say about kratom white ? I can't understand whether he is related to this topic or not, my friend from Canada says that he is not. I am not aware of the events this is a new word for me, I understand that it has an effect like pu-erh tea. In general, where to find out the information that there are drugs, and what is not. Some of my friends think fast food is a brush drug. In general, if I take it like that, then in general I am for it, although I do not even drink alcohol . Alcohol is evil. If I could, I would ban anything that makes you aggressive.

Last edited:

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
Not for me, don't recommend them to others either (I'm boring as fuck though I don't even drink) but rehabilitation should be the focus for harder drug cases, rather than punishment (same for most crimes tbh, but like, the penalties for possession seem super excessive).

Stuff like weed? Sure, knock yourself out. From what I've seen nicotine is worse anyway.

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
Decriminalisation would also help with regulation. My step-uncle died from a shroom incident (although that may have been to do with eating shrooms as opposed to for drug purposes)

So, to clarify, decriminalised to help with regulation and ideally institutions (think AA) should be set up to deal with severe addiction.

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
I mean, I’m not too keen on taking drugs myself, but I see no harm in others doing it as long as they know the risks, and do them responsibly. Treat it like alcohol, basically. Don’t do drugs and drive- all of that common sense stuff. I think regulating reckless behavior is more important than just being arrested on the spot for using recreational drugs, and it’s no secret that we’d largely benefit from reducing already huge prison populations if we decriminalized the drugs themselves.

So, yeah- I’m not that opposed to recreational drugs. I just hope people realize that they’re responsible for their actions when they decide to do them.