• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your wtf moment of the day?

Samandriel Morningstar

The Morningstar
Basically post something that happened to you,that someone said/did or whatever else that just made you stop and think what the fuck?

It can be something recent,or something that happened years ago.

I think one of the stupidest things I've been asked while I was at work [haunted trail] was by another employee that was in my area while we were hiding and waiting for the guests to come through.
She asked me what I was doing.
I was waiting to scare people.
What the fuck do you think?
I mean I sure as Hell wasn't sitting there knitting a damn blanket.
Christ.​

zeroslash

WYSIWYG
I was working the counter at Arby's and a couple approach me and start ordering. I ask for a name and the man replies, "That guy." I start to input it into the terminal until the woman says his name but he then says to her, "Don't bother. He's too stupid to remember it anyway; that's why he works here."

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
I was working the counter at Arby's and a couple approach me and start ordering. I ask for a name and the man replies, "That guy." I start to input it into the terminal until the woman says his name but he then says to her, "Don't bother. He's too stupid to remember it anyway; that's why he works here."
Middle-aged I'm guessing? Just assuming, because of all my time hearing my Mom's waitress horror stories, it's always a middle-aged person that harasses the worker.

zeroslash

WYSIWYG
Middle-aged I'm guessing? Just assuming, because of all my time hearing my Mom's waitress horror stories, it's always a middle-aged person that harasses the worker.
Yeah. The interesting (but predictable) thing is he was a regular for a while and would always treat my co-workers like crap. But he would always be nice to a manager (gee, wonder what he's like at his job). One time, he went through the drive-thru and tried to intentionally mess up the order so he could have a reason to be angry at the cashier. Turns out, the cashier was a manager who knew his bullcrap; he then proceeded to laugh it off and be friendly with her.

RinkuTheRuffian

Punished "Venom" Rinku
Yeah. The interesting (but predictable) thing is he was a regular for a while and would always treat my co-workers like crap. But he would always be nice to a manager (gee, wonder what he's like at his job). One time, he went through the drive-thru and tried to intentionally mess up the order so he could have a reason to be angry at the cashier. Turns out, the cashier was a manager who knew his bullcrap; he then proceeded to laugh it off and be friendly with her.
Funny how their generation are the reason people like us are stuck working restaurant jobs in the first place after they --I dunno --ruined the economy after the baby boom, and now they're being condescending? Typical.
Keep on rolling, dude, I know how ya feel. But take pride in knowing they'll die soon you're the better person.

BayouBaby

Hoarder of Art Supplies and Books
This morning a guy in a truck hauling plant cuttings was driving like a fucking maniac. He dashed in front of me across two lanes when turning right and then almost side swiped me while trying to lunge into my lane as I was coming up to a stop light. I mean, what the actual fuck dude? There are more people on the road than just you.

C.Y.AN

I am an omelet.
Oh thank you for this thread. Let me begin.
I get plenty of these moments where I have to stand back & ask "What the sandwich fuck just happened?"

So we turned out to a kitchen fire within a house (When we arrived a fair bit more had caught on with the new orange trend) and there was a possibility of civilians trapped within. Naturally, breathing apparatus crews were sent in soon after water was being thrown on the fire. We kept fighting the blaze for about three maybe four minutes before the same crew emerged absolutely soaking wet, carrying a large plush toy.

Apparently a household water-tank had fallen through the roof of the place close enough to the crew that it absolutely saturated them, on top of that in the panic one of the crewman grabbed the toy thinking it was a pet animal & booked it for the exit thinking he'd be a hero.

Zipline

Noodle Fish
Hmm, most memorable was when I was visiting San Fransisco at a fairly young age (middle school) and we were sitting in a cafe next to the window. A random person walking by sees me in the window, stops, stares at me and starts aggressively licking the window for about 15 seconds. It felt like an hour and my father did nothing about it, just ignored the guy. I thought it was terrifying and so years later when ever I travel I be sure not to sit by the window. :3

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
It was many years ago when I was in 6th grade, I was handing out cough drops because I left some in my pocket and some kid thought I was handing out drugs, and called for the teachers. She was utterly convinced that handing out cough drops was handing out drugs.

Maximor_Bloodpanda

The True Anti-Conformist
I tried out a pistol grip shotgun for the first time, I fired a slug in it. It was a bad idea, I'm surprised I didn't break my hand.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I tried out a pistol grip shotgun for the first time, I fired a slug in it. It was a bad idea, I'm surprised I didn't break my hand.
Pistol grips and slugs are not a good combo. Yeah, My brother and I have done some real winners like that. Like trap shooting with my Saiga-12. It didn't seem all that rough that day but I woke up the next morning, unable to lift my right arm. The shoulder was purple-black.

Once at an indoor range, we fired my .454 Casull revolver with full-house firewall loads of H110 over a 365gr Keith-type bullet. It was so brutal, I won't repeat the weight of the charge so no one else will get hurt. I split the palm of my shooting glove and my little brother dinged his forehead with the front sight. Yeah, not too smart.

The guy that had loaded the rounds for an identical Casull is about a foot taller than me at 6'10'' and weighs about 350 lbs. He laughed at us. It was like letting a mule kick you in the palm of the hand. He was in the next bay, shooting his revolver one-handed, being a Smart@$$.

Before anyone that shoots says something, the spent cartridges just fell out when tapped with the extractor. The load was good, pressure wise. It was just too brutal to shoot.

LindyHop

Bring me my brown pants!
When I was a product demonstrator at Costco there was a day when I was giving out samples of mashed potatoes and everybody who came to my cart asked it it was soup. They wanted to know, if the mashed potatoes, in their hand, with the mashes potatoes sign on my cart, was soup.

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
I have many wtf moments when playing Mmorpgs xD

D

Deleted member 82554

That a place like "ferzu" exists.

God help us all...

Maximor_Bloodpanda

The True Anti-Conformist
Pistol grips and slugs are not a good combo. Yeah, My brother and I have done some real winners like that. Like trap shooting with my Saiga-12. It didn't seem all that rough that day but I woke up the next morning, unable to lift my right arm. The shoulder was purple-black.

Once at an indoor range, we fired my .454 Casull revolver with full-house firewall loads of H110 over a 365gr Keith-type bullet. It was so brutal, I won't repeat the weight of the charge so no one else will get hurt. I split the palm of my shooting glove and my little brother dinged his forehead with the front sight. Yeah, not too smart.

The guy that had loaded the rounds for an identical Casull is about a foot taller than me at 6'10'' and weighs about 350 lbs. He laughed at us. It was like letting a mule kick you in the palm of the hand. He was in the next bay, shooting his revolver one-handed, being a Smart@$$.

Before anyone that shoots says something, the spent cartridges just fell out when tapped with the extractor. The load was good, pressure wise. It was just too brutal to shoot.
That sounds pretty brutal, what kind of slugs were you using, 3" shells?

Handloaded .454 Casull rounds can get pretty crazy in terms of power, I can only imagine what kind of load some very big guy would use....over-compensating maybe?

Jazz Panther

Swing the Mood!
That moment when I see a huge ass spider about the size of my hand in the basement, in broad daylight, but I can't kill it because there are things in the way between me and the spider. Now to be fair, I don't mind spiders, but only the ones that I know for sure aren't venomous.
What made me say "What the Fuck?!?" though was the sheer size of this thing. This thing, with it's legs full stretched out, was easily about the size of my hand. It looked rather intimidating.

Yakamaru

Autumn Wolf
My wtf(and LMAO) of the day was that I was called a racist. For linking to Sweden and Germany's rape statistics.

I just can't even fathom the double think the moron did.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
That sounds pretty brutal, what kind of slugs were you using, 3" shells?

Handloaded .454 Casull rounds can get pretty crazy in terms of power, I can only imagine what kind of load some very big guy would use....over-compensating maybe?
Actually , we were using one ounce number eight loads in some Remington Peters "Blue Magic" hulls. My favorite low brass hulls for trap or skeet. The part that was the punisher was the three hundred rounds apiece that day. To make our Range Master happy, I have some two round magazines that are pinned. That way, I had to load every round by hand. I had the Saiga with a nineteen inch barrel, so that added to things. The one my brother used had a twenty-two inch barrel. Heavier by a small amount, it wasn't as hard on him.

The Casull rounds; the thing is, we could have gone up a small amount on the powder, since the cartridges were slightly smokey on the outside, a clear sign of a light load.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
i like to talk in different voices and accents just for the fun of it. One of the impressions i do (often at work) is like an over-inflated Southern gentleman with a voice like Foghorn Leghorn. in character i often refer to the guys i work with and manage as "boy" and elude to our projects at work as "the cotton fields". Now, you must understand, in this part of the country, we don't have many black people! -So imagine my surprise when i came back from my weekend to find we hired a black fellow. i came disturbingly close to calling him "boy" the other day before i put two and two together.

i need to come up with some new characters.

Y

Yukkie

Watching the local news and seeing these skrublords smiling while talking about how kids are dying from cancer. Like... Guys, please. Wtf.