• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

What's your zodiac sign?

Maugryph

I honestly don't want to tell anyone my sign because people will try to 'fit' me into that sign's stereotype. I've had it happen. Your personality is determined by your genes and upbringing: not by your birth date.

BadRoy

Snake awakens
W-What, how can you say that? That's really hurtful :sad:

I personally am not lazy, I procrastinate.
I am jk rofl.

I love Pisces because, as Virgo's opposite, they have a lot of traits that I simply don't. Therapeutic.

Bazinga

I can't draw, so I'm sorry.
I am jk rofl.

I love Pisces because, as Virgo's opposite, they have a lot of traits that I simply don't. Therapeutic.

I too was just kidding...except about the procrastination part. I couldn't joke about that if I tried.

Glad to see a Pisces fan though, this is about as famous as I can get.

MaximizedNOVA

YoungClaw The Bright

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
I am on the border of cancer and gemini.

I'm like the Vulcans from Star Trek, on a tightrope between rational thought and extreme emotion.

Amber Eyes

I honestly don't want to tell anyone my sign because people will try to 'fit' me into that sign's stereotype. I've had it happen. Your personality is determined by your genes and upbringing: not by your birth date.

Ah, I suppose that's the point of this thread, isn't it? I agree with you. I had actually forgotten that the signs were supposed to determine your personality. Oh well, I already posted.

(Although I supose your date of birth might affect your upbringing ever so slightly, if you wanted to get pointlessly technical)

To a certain extent, I agree with you both. I don't really believe the core of our being is ruled by burning balls of hydrogen unimaginably far away, and while the exact date of our birth may play a role in our lifes, it's not really a key factor of who we are and how we act.

However, I think that zodiac signs can be a quite good conversation starter, especially on a forum. They're certainly less likely to cause unnecessary drama than positioning yourself outright in political or religous discussions and less risky than handing out personal or biographical information. Guess it's safe to say that people find out a bit about each other all the time, and zodiac signs can serve as a means to that. Could be by finding surprisingly spot-on character traits of "your" sign, could be ridiculously wrong ones... they offer a background to define our real self against. And the feedback we get can show us how correct our idea of who we are is. ;)

tl;dr version: I'm a Gemini. =D