• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

when was the last time you had a donut?

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
It appears that Toeclaws is a Timmy's addict isn't he? :p

Nah... I think i have him beat in that department :D

If you're a Starbucks fan, you'll find the coffee pretty tame. Mild with a slight acid base, its best served piping hot, with a double dose of cream and cane sugar. The ubiquitous "Large, Double-Double" (or XLDD if its a rough start) and a 20-pack of assorted Timbits and you're good to go. I prefer hot sweet coffee to start the day, but dark, strong coffee for winding down at the end of the day.

Its a Canadian morning ritual, like bannock, spruce-beer, maple syrup, pea-meal back bacon and poutine.

Mmm...Sugar. It's what's for breakfast *G*. Sadly, I've never had spruce beer or bannock. But I make my poutine with perogies and a packet of Swiss Chalet Dipping sauce over grated old cheddar. That's a twice a year only thing, or you'd have to roll me to work in the morning :p

T

Tycho

If you're a Starbucks fan, you'll find the coffee pretty tame. Mild with a slight acid base, its best served piping hot, with a double dose of cream and cane sugar. The ubiquitous "Large, Double-Double" (or XLDD if its a rough start) and a 20-pack of assorted Timbits and you're good to go. I prefer hot sweet coffee to start the day, but dark, strong coffee for winding down at the end of the day.

Its a Canadian morning ritual, like bannock, spruce-beer, maple syrup, pea-meal back bacon and poutine.

I actually tend to dislike Starbucks' coffee. In my experience their coffee tastes too burnt and oily. Might vary from joint to joint, not sure.

There's good "mild" (not "weak") coffee and there's good "strong" (not "roofing tar") coffee. I generally prefer milder brewings black. Some stronger brewings are good black, some benefit from 1 lump of sugar and a small splash of half n' half. When I say "brewings" I simply refer to how it was brewed. Some people are frugal with coffee grounds, others go heavy. Some people brew it through a second time. (With crappy beans/grounds sometimes you have to.)

Coffee dickery aside, as long as it doesn't taste like month-old cigarette butts I can tolerate it one way or the other.

I need poutine like I need a hole in the head right now. I think 1 plate of that stuff would undo the work I've been doing on getting last year's pumpkin pies, date braids, and apple hill cakes off my stomach. Does look disgustingly good, though.

I'd really love to move to Canada...

Nishi

I had donuts for breakfast!
I was debating having one tonight too...
But I might just wait until tomorrow....

I can't eat chocolate or fruit without heartburn, so most donuts are off-limits for me anyways. ):

Irreverent

Nah... I think i have him beat in that department :D

A ha! The Lady reveals her weakness.....:D

Sadly, I've never had spruce beer

Mixes well with Gin. Hard to find in Ontario. The generic store stuff is simply awful and the real stuff violates Transport Canada's air safety laws. The naturally fermented spruce beer builds up enough pressure that Grolsch-style stopper top's tend to let go at 30,000 feet.:-o The stewardess was not understanding at all.

There's good "mild" (not "weak") coffee and there's good "strong" (not "roofing tar") coffee.

Yeah, few people make that distinction. Sounds like you're a coffee snob too. Not that its a bad thing. :grin:

I'd really love to move to Canada...

Having been introduced to Timmy's, the only thing else you'll need is a toque. :p

Last edited:
S

seekerwolf

Donut's? Well I haven't had a donut in years maybe that's what I need to cheer me up.