• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Where are your furs from?

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I’ve been wondering about the worlds other peoples’ furs are from.

For example: my sona is from a high fantasy setting, but it mixes in a few modern aspects. They live with their wife out basically in the middle of nowhere foresty area on the cusp of the living world and the afterlife so they can practice their necromancy in peace...and it’s a generally good area for guiding souls.

My other “fur” characters are from their own really high fantasy world. It’s as high fantasy as it can get.

Where are your furs from? Timewise or just general land. I’m really curious.

Last edited:

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Pandaria
images.jpeg

Valley of the four winds because I'm a filthy farmer :V

G

Ginza

My fursona is from our world. However, it’s a bit different in the sense that anthros and monsters evolved alongside us humans. So it’s just our world, same time period and everything, just with other dominant creatures. It also has a few fantasy aspects, like other dimensions that can be traveled to, and smoking not causing cancer :<

Nothing too foreign really.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
A marshland in Florida. For convenience sake I leave much default when I'm engaging with other people on the forums etc, I don't mind.

In my own little world, however, he's a government experiment that got loose in Nevada, around early 1960's.

Dongding

The sheep
Dongding exists in this universe in the future sometime when intergalactic travel is possible. He's a space smuggler who gets around in a restored antique CSM converted from an cancelled Apollo mission he aquired for cheap in a black market auction. (CSM-119 Specifically.)
1280px-CSM-119_Skylab_Rescue.jpg

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
A semi-cyberpunk world heavily based on the aesthetics of graphic novels and 2000s pop culture. Which is inhabited by lizard people, among other things.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Simo starts out his life as a poor hillbilly skunk, in the Alabama Swamps. The setting is pretty much present day 'reality', only with anthros instead of people.

His story starts out where Simo (maybe 15 or 16) gets caught making out with his friend, Pepper Possum, by mean ol' preacher Possum. (Simo and Pepper hang out and smoke skunk weed, in Simo's fort, built up outta the water, on stilts.) Pepper is his best friend, but not too bright, and Simo looks out for him at school, and keeps the more aggressive wolves and foxes from picking on him, and spay's 'em when they push him into lockers and stuff. Sometimes, Simo gets in trouble, too, but he's only trying to help.

Well, they get caught and sent away to this pray-away-the-gay prison camp in the Carolina Mountains, run by the evil Rev. Fox, called 'Christ's Cabins', which is surrounded by a very tall 240 volt electric chain-link fence, anchored into concrete, so ya can't dig under it.

Simo and Pepper share bunks in a cabin with a badger-boy who becomes a very close friend with whom they share a ton of mischief, along with a raccoon, who gets sent to the camp after they do. Of course, having all of them in the crazy camp doesn't work at all, and, in fact, has rather the opposite result : P The gang also discovers that mean old Rev. Fox has been taking advantage of some of the boys, not unlike the scandals in the Catholic Church, and so there are elements of social satire at work, as well as adventure, humor and tragedy.

They plot an escape. The raccoon is too scared to go though with it, and stays behind; Simo and The Badger make it but get separated, and Pepper gets shot.

Simo's rebellious, anti-authority streak is hardened by the experience, even though he still manages to be a fun-loving trickster, living on the road, drifting from town to town. He loves watermelons, and often steals them from farmer's fields, and will just crack one open, and gobble it down.

He ends up In Savannah, Georgia for a while, living in an old shipping container, drifts off to Ohio on a train, and lives in an abandoned factory...eventually, he manages to go back to school due to finally convincing the authorities to investigate the evil Rev. Fox and his camp, and becomes a hero for saving those still in it. This earns him a scholarship.

He ends up studying fashion and genetics, and later, starts up his top-secret lab, where he lures the unsuspecting to become....skunks! And here there's a fun-loving, silly sci-fi element that gets introduced, as he transforms dragons into red pandas, wolves into sheep...but, he usually turns them back, after some teasing. Or, they take turns dressing up in silly outfits, wrestling, teasing, and tickling; Simo has never been able to be too serious.

And in his later years, he creates his 'mischief den' a very cozy, elaborate den/home, mostly underground, with many rooms, a study with a fireplace, a kitchen with a breakfast nook that pokes above ground, round shaped, and all windows, living room with nice hardwood floors and rugs, bedroom with a hollow log shaped bed, lots of halls, stairs and levels...and, of course, his personal lab and...er...playspace :p Oh, and outside: his watermelon patch.

And so: it's more or less reality, present day, with a few slightly sci-fi elements, here and again.

D

Deleted member 111470

Fictional Earth, present day. He's working in a pit-stop motel close to the border between Canada and Alaska, on the Canadian side.

Guifrog

Blue Frog
Fantasy Planet Earth + anthros, current time. More specifically, in a little anthro village from the north part of Brazil.

My sona lives in a small one-room house by himself, although he occasionally gets visitors - most of the time it's Felipe the Cricket, an amusing storyteller and the only of his species my sona wouldn't eat. Amy Powered, an incredibly powerful and adventurous hedgehog, is another one who occasionally stops by when she's not playing tag with avalanches from the K2 Mountain or practicing weightlifting with meteors. Not to mention his fellow poison dart buddies who can give a "hello, how's it goin'?" from the window.

Whenever possible, he also takes a moment to visit Vanda the Plumbago, his dearest friend. Besides being a talking flower from a nearby familiar place that he recalls being the one where he was raised, she's also a maternal figure. At the same time, they may share lots of nonsense together.

Aika the manokit

Adorable fisherman
Ricky is from the old west, so duster coats and six shooters. He's following in his father's pawsteps as a bounty Hunter. On a side note, some animals became anthro while others remained feral.

Frostbite is in the human world but is not human. He's a wendigo. In life he was known as Running Stag, a scout of the Algonquin tribe. He was captured by white men and forced into slavery. As hunger gnawed at him, his captors mocked him by eating grand meals infront of him while he was chained to the wall. One day he snapped, slipping from his bindings and tearing the man of the estate to pieces and feasting on his flesh, thus transforming into the beast he is today. (Sorry if you're disturbed by this)

Derron116

Zephyris Redsnout
Our world but with anthros instead of humans. I haven't put too much worldbuilding thought into it because I don't want to explain what species is what race or whatever.

05F7AF3B-B211-4D87-9C68-6795341B2439.jpeg
From this world, but with some anthro and some human. My sona lives in a cabin in the Provo canyon. He helps maintain the area, and is a bike ride away from the nearest town. It’s not the prettiest place in the state, but He takes pride in it.

I

Infrarednexus

E22qi6S.jpg

I live in a futuristic city on another planet. Machines and organic beings coexist peacefully so long as law is enforced. We have a capitalist economy and a democratic system. Religion is still practiced in our time, despite it being so far in the future. We have mastered cybernetic modification to help with disabilities and improve overall performance, and it has become popular to modify ourselves. Most manual labor jobs are performed by machines, allowing organic beings to enjoy more creative and artistic careers and pursue science and overall enjoying life more. I serve as a member of law enforcement and an engineer and often keep the peace and help improve the mechanical aspects of society.

We have managed to master transportation and production that does not cause much, if any pollution, and transportation is primarily public, with the exception for military and law enforcement. All species coexist and breed together to create hybrids, causing nearly half the population to be a mix of two or even several species. We share our inventions and discoveries with our neighboring colonies, for the benefit of our overall survival, as resources are becoming scarce from the increasing population.

Zamietka

E22qi6S.jpg

I live in a futuristic city on another planet. Machines and organic beings coexist peacefully so long as law is enforced. We have a capitalist economy and a democratic system. Religion is still practiced in our time, despite it being so far in the future. We have mastered cybernetic modification to help with disabilities and improve overall performance, and it has become popular to modify ourselves. Most manual labor jobs are performed by machines, allowing organic beings to enjoy more creative and artistic careers and pursue science and overall enjoying life more. I serve as a member of law enforcement and an engineer and often keep the peace and help improve the mechanical aspects of society.

We have managed to master transportation and production that does not cause much, if any pollution, and transportation is primarily public, with the exception for military and law enforcement. All species coexist and breed together to create hybrids, causing nearly half the population to be a mix of two or even several species. We share our inventions and discoveries with our neighboring colonies, for the benefit of our overall survival, as resources are becoming scarce from the increasing population.

you really thought this through didn't you, I'm quite impressed

Mine is just a random cat traveling around anthro Finland. Because I like Finland. It's pretty. Good reasoning huh

Mayflower

Chocolate horse delicacy
My fursona lives in an anthro version of our world. Most likely somewhere in Europe or North America. She owns several residences, so her exact location can change a lot.

She used to live in 1890's Europe,but has since been changed to live in a modern day world.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Kit can exist in just about any universe, from high fantasy to hard science fiction and everything in between.

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
As a rule, I live here and now in the modern present (or an anthro version of the modern present) as it's just anthro me. But I can plug a version of myself with minor background tweaks into any fictional universe.

Shibabutts

Luna is a fairy dragon from the fay realm, thus I imagine she can exist in any setting at any time, high fantasy, modern, cyberpunk, furry,human, you name it! Any setting that has just a little room for magic.

Sakura is from a modern setting, I guess all the people are furries though.

grunesdragon

Kushi / grunesdragon
The universe a story with my fursona takes place in is a world with some vague magic. It used to be a planet of dragons, but the dragons' powerful magic attracted a hungry space demon that left it barren. My fursona's sorta-mom came from Neopets, found the barren planet, used nature magic to get it started, and left my fursona (and a few others) in charge.

Outside of that story, she exists in real life!