• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Where do people look up for remote moderator or admin jobs?

KippLink

Beginner Artist
Howdy everyone!
For years now i have been wondering how the remote workers operate and where do they locate these positions like mod/admin. Sadly i do not have that many friends that know much about these type of jobs but i was informed immediately that the common website we use here in UK called Indeed is not the best place for these type of vacancies and better off trying LinkedIn instead. We do have some agencies that handle these vacancies but you are still required to travel to their office miles away where the agency will make you use their specific computer. But i have had one friend when i was finishing school and he was working for a social network as a content moderator which was located in a completely different country from the one he was living in. So just curious where would be the best place to locate these remote mod/admin jobs if you are living far away from the company and would like to work from home?

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Howdy everyone!
For years now i have been wondering how the remote workers operate and where do they locate these positions like mod/admin. Sadly i do not have that many friends that know much about these type of jobs but i was informed immediately that the common website we use here in UK called Indeed is not the best place for these type of vacancies and better off trying LinkedIn instead. We do have some agencies that handle these vacancies but you are still required to travel to their office miles away where the agency will make you use their specific computer. But i have had one friend when i was finishing school and he was working for a social network as a content moderator which was located in a completely different country from the one he was living in. So just curious where would be the best place to locate these remote mod/admin jobs if you are living far away from the company and would like to work from home?
When you find out, please share.
I've been dreaming of getting a job like this in Canada for so long.

Guifrog

Blue Frog
I'm not sure about mod/admin jobs, but as a translator I use ProZ. It's used for posting and responding to jobs, posting and responding to terminology questions, checking company reviews written by other professionals, training and such. It's very specifically directed towards translators, who happen to be - in their vast majority - remote workers.

KippLink

Beginner Artist
Wow this is interesting, you'd think that since we have so many social networks and so many people practically live online these kind of jobs would be more widely available. But im not sure why its so hard to even get any info on this. The only thing somewhat similar that i stumbled upon in the past was customer support for places like Ebay and they operated through a software called ZenDesk. Unfortunately everything else like actual admin/mod for every website i found was either a apprenticeship or yeah volunteering...

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Wow this is interesting, you'd think that since we have so many social networks and so many people practically live online these kind of jobs would be more widely available. But im not sure why its so hard to even get any info on this. The only thing somewhat similar that i stumbled upon in the past was customer support for places like Ebay and they operated through a software called ZenDesk. Unfortunately everything else like actual admin/mod for every website i found was either a apprenticeship or yeah volunteering...
This! But I also think it's because, like with most billion dollar companies, it's cheaper to pay someone in a place where the value of their dollar is weaker, than to pay someone local, an entire dollar.

Amazon does it for sure, with.their online chat agents.