• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Where do you meet other furries?

Vær

Mr. Prickles
Depending on your area there are bunches of resources! My initial resource was the MeetUp app for phones. I found a Furry group for my locale. They have events almost every week and a few monthly stuff. All meet and greets as well as stuff like a Furry Dance club and Bowling. Even game nights and parties! All good fun.

chesse20

Twitter is good for meeting people with similar intrests but it also keeps trying to tell me to watch wwe

Sylox

boi...chill out!
Depending on your area there are bunches of resources! My initial resource was the MeetUp app for phones. I found a Furry group for my locale. They have events almost every week and a few monthly stuff. All meet and greets as well as stuff like a Furry Dance club and Bowling. Even game nights and parties! All good fun.

Ok, I'll definitely have to check that out. Thanks!

For me I have met alot of UK Furries On Steam :p It may not be the best for knowing them face to face, But I have made some Great Friends on there XD

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
I bump into them in games on Steam,

or contact 'em on FA and other furry sites,

or meet folks at conventions. You can also often find forums based on location like "UK Furries" and I recently went to a board-game night hosted by a member of one of those. =D

Dr. Franken-Fox

"it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!"
Art college.

S

Sar

Honestly, Forums is a good place to start. I met a lot of people I regularly keep contact with from it and from asking for Skype details later on. There's also Image-boards, some Steam Groups and IRCs. There isn't really a special "condition" for if it is fans of the Furry Fandom. Your local area also would have its dedicated website/forum and some Fur-Meets that take place in the area so they would work too.

It's always online. It's not like we carry a sign showing: Looking for Furries to be my friend!
I love it when people make those kind of threads! <3

Dr. Franken-Fox

Agreed, these forums are a perfectly respectable starting point. Just hover around here for a little while and if you come across a user who's posts you agree with, take a look at their profile and if you think you'd get on with that person from what you see then go ahead and message them. If after a few private messages you find that you do in fact get along, progress from there in any way you like but I met a chap on here who doesn't live too far from me and we've already thrown around the possibility of meeting up in person.

S

Sar

Agreed, these forums are a perfectly respectable starting point. Just hover around here for a little while and if you come across a user who's posts you agree with, take a look at their profile and if you think you'd get on with that person from what you see then go ahead and message them. If after a few private messages you find that you do in fact get along, progress from there in any way you like but I met a chap on here who doesn't live too far from me and we've already thrown around the possibility of meeting up in person.

Don't forget voice/video calls over Skype and Playing Steam games together!

Dr. Franken-Fox

Don't forget voice/video calls over Skype and Playing Steam games together!
Like I said, as soon as you've exchanged a few PMs then progress from there in any way you like, be it Skype, Steam or a one night stand.

Maelstrom Eyre

Ahmoua Wolf
Most of the ones I interact with regularly are through Second Life (sorry, IMVU).

It's fun to be able to "be" your fursona in a 3D avatar form, dancing or listening to music or RPing with other 3D fursonas in an interactive online environment.

Forums like this, or Facebook, are my other places to connect.

I am an introvert and do not attend cons or any real-life meetups.

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
I've tried but the people around my area are younger than I.
It's so hard to relate and open up when your shy to begin with and only meetup in groups.

I didn't fit in and dropped out, not surprisingly i wasn't asked where ya been.

Just random places online, really. I met this one guy completely randomly in a Half-Life 2 Deathmatch match a few years back just for example. You can pretty much meet them anywhere.

Try checking Facebook for local furry groups, whether it be in your state or even city if it's local enough. Like other said, though, it could be completely random and unintentional situations where you meet someone. For instance, I met a few on Deviantart and YouTube, as well as a long time friend who introduced me to a local furry group in my city.

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
Most of the ones I interact with regularly are through Second Life (sorry, IMVU).

It's fun to be able to "be" your fursona in a 3D avatar form, dancing or listening to music or RPing with other 3D fursonas in an interactive online environment.

Forums like this, or Facebook, are my other places to connect.

I am an introvert and do not attend cons or any real-life meetups.

My temperament in SL is similar to RL, although I do tend to fly and teleport more inworld. :)

Speaking of which, it would be nice to meet more folks who embrace the "be your character" angle in SL. Even if my main is basically a furry version of me with wings, lol. Although I've joined RP groups in the past, they fell apart when the themed SIMs lost funding and vanished. I'm into things like exploring, science fiction, fantasy, steam punk, clubs, surfing, dancing, and building. Scavenger hunts look fun too, but I've yet to try one. Feel free to IM or add me as a friend if you'd like. My username is ....

Last edited: