• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Where would we all come from? (Idea Time)

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
A question that has been buzzing around in my head for the past few days is "How would things play out in an anthro world?" What I mean is, say that there were no humans and events in our past would be different from the events of the Furry world's past.

Starting out: What area of the earth did the species start out? What factors would cause it to evolve into a humanoid form?

Ending with: What would life be like in this year on their world? Or How long would it take for them to reach our state of society?

For this to actually work we need smart, semi-dedicated people to post.

There are a variety of issues that need to be worked out through mathematics and probability equations.

How long would it take for each species to evolve, how long would rivalries between predators and prey exist? (It has been 150 years and there are still fights about slavery, just imagine how long it would last if Americans killed then consumed Africans).

How would the species react to each other (or would only one species prevail like us humans)?

Please help in this effort to discover the unknown so that nobody will ever have to ask this question again, even if you think that your idea is crap say it so that it may be built upon or tossed away, further contributing to the effort!

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
what is the point of this?

so contrived

The point of this thread is for there to be a place for people who care can share their ideas and contribute into something that could be a fun experience.
And I don't see how this is contrived, the idea came to me spontaneously.

Ricky

The point of this thread is for there to be a place for people who care can share their ideas and contribute into something that could be a fun experience.
And I don't see how this is contrived, the idea came to me spontaneously.

No, it is *very* contrived because it follows the same fucking pattern as every other post in this forum.

Imagine if you were furries and this contrived example took place.

Then answer all of the dumb contrived questions nobody really cares about, anyway.

I think this forum is only really good for meta discussion.

Last edited:

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
Ok, I see what you mean now. *Face-desk*

I will do the research myself as to not bother anybody.

Toshabi

Banned
Banned
No, it is *very* contrived because it follows the same fucking pattern as every other post in this forum.

Imagine if you were furries and this contrived example took place.

Then answer all of the dumb contrived questions nobody really cares about, anyway.

I think this forum is only really good for meta discussion.

FA has a meta game? I need to locate some tier lists.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
It would be exactly like it is now but with human races replaced with a different native species to the area.

what is the point of this?

OP is interested in anthropomorphic creatures. That's why he's a furry. That's why he's asking us what we think of the hypothetical universe that is inhabited by the creatures that we too take in interest in.

How is it any time someone makes a legitimate thread about anthros in FAF, people act confused as to why they give a shit.

It would be exactly like it is now but with human races replaced with a different native species to the area.

I like this idea.

I wonder who would consist of the anthropomorphic KKK.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore

That's closer to what I was thinking, but still a little ways off. It would not be the same as there as it would be here. for instance... In North America Native Americans did not eat other Native Americans (that much), but Wolves would constantly eat Deer... that would turn out WAY differently that this earth did.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Furries in general kind of bitch-slap evolution/genetics. It's just a thing they do. Like giant ants and such shit on physics. There's no way to explain it without it being stupid.

It has occurred to me though that species origins are a bit... weird to consider. Like, should furries belong to the culture of the people that are from where they're from? Because I'm pretty sure that makes my fursonas (a serval and a skunk) black and Native American respectively. Their backstories place them in the 1920's, and really just won't work like that. Then again, with a story set in the 1920's, there has to be some group (or, rather, a lot of groups) that are discriminated against, so...

Yeah. I guess it's kind of an interesting question what the parallel should be.

And Nazis are wolves. Always wolves.

Last edited:

KigRatel

Colaholic
It has occurred to me though that species origins are a bit... weird to consider. Like, should furries belong to the culture of the people that are from where they're from? Because I'm pretty sure that makes my fursonas (a serval and a skunk) black and Native American respectively.

I actually thought about this one, and I came to the conclusion that they were originally from the species' native location but later emigrated for whatever reason, or are descendants of said emigrants.

By this logic, my mascot is British, but is of either Arabic or African descent.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
I actually thought about this one, and I came to the conclusion that they were originally from the species' native location but later emigrated for whatever reason, or are descendants of said emigrants.

By this logic, my mascot is British, but is of either Arabic or African descent.

See, that doesn't help. The skunk one in particular is supposed to be from a farming family out west. In the 20's.

There is some serious historical closet horror right there.

There's also the fact that he fought with the AEF. Not sure if that could have happened.

cpam

A question that has been buzzing around in my head for the past few days is "How would things play out in an anthro world?" What I mean is, say that there were no humans and events in our past would be different from the events of the Furry world's past.

Starting out: What area of the earth did the species start out? What factors would cause it to evolve into a humanoid form?

Ending with: What would life be like in this year on their world? Or How long would it take for them to reach our state of society?

For this to actually work we need smart, semi-dedicated people to post.

There are a variety of issues that need to be worked out through mathematics and probability equations.

How long would it take for each species to evolve, how long would rivalries between predators and prey exist? (It has been 150 years and there are still fights about slavery, just imagine how long it would last if Americans killed then consumed Africans).

How would the species react to each other (or would only one species prevail like us humans)?

Please help in this effort to discover the unknown so that nobody will ever have to ask this question again, even if you think that your idea is crap say it so that it may be built upon or tossed away, further contributing to the effort!

A lot of this was addressed, and served as the basis for, The Furkindred, a shared-world anthology of short stories and comics that was published back in the 90's. It took the premise that Man never evolved, but, due to unusual conditions, all of the rest of the mammals did. There were three anthology issues, plus one stand-alone comic book drawn by Terrie Smith. Copies are hard to find today because they had small print runs, but with some hunting you'll find them occasionally turn up in some auction site; the comic had a larger print run than the anthologies, so it might be easier to locate.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Such is science fiction in general.

Science fantasy, more like. There are two generes, really. One is basically realistic but with one or two "big new techs" that are different and usually causing conflict in the world, and the other is, like, Star Wars and shit where tech is basically like magic.

One should generally avoid crossing the two, because you end up with really bad explanations for things that actually are impossible.

Like fucking metachlorians.

Suezotiger

Probably some kind of canine, I imagine.

Something tells me mostly wolves, assuming we're going with anthros from Europe took over America. They seem pretty organized and are native to Europe.

I figure there'd be migration to some degree. After all, North America is mostly comprised of European decendants.

So now to the questions:
Anthro snow leopards would have evolved in the mountains of central Asia. I'm not really sure why they would have evolved, since the rocky mountains there would be traveled much more easily with 4 legs. They'd probably keep to the mountains for the most part, so they would only have wars/prey on other anthros in the mountains, such as bharals and Siberian ibex. Combat would consist mainly of taking the high ground and attacking with the advantage that gives, since snow leopards will usually try to ambush prey from above and use the momentum from running down the mountainside to their advantage. Since snow leopards can and will eat some vegetation and the fact that snow leopards tend to be less aggressive (sometimes completely abandoning their kills), there would probably be snow leopards that would hate fighting and would become vegetarians. Since they would stay in the mountains, it's highly unlikely that they would immigrate to the US, so that wouldn't really fit me.

Andy Dingo Wolf

The Oncoming Storm
Being a dingo, the dingo anthros would have migratdd from asia to australia at some point, adapting to the harsher land over time