• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Which Decade Are You?

Kero

can't stop playing Puyo Puyo 7
As the title says, I'm wondering if anyone longs for a particular time in history they wished they could stay forever in. Assuming most of us here are teenagers to 20s, I'd say the comments will vary only slightly, but I'd like to hear other people's reviews/thoughts.

Perhaps it might be just me, but I miss the '90s. I didn't exactly have the best childhood, but then again, I didn't have the worst. Let's see my review of the decade in the eyes of myself from age 1 to 11.

Music: This definitely deserves to go first. I got an iTunes gift card and I visited the past the other day. No Doubt hit their prime in the '90s, in my humble opinion. R. Kelly. I Believe I Can Fly. I don't have to say anything more than that. I bought "Luka" by Suzanne Vega, but I think I can round that up from 1987. ;p Fleetwood Mac released a commemorative CD collection called 25 Years - The Chain, which... Fleetwood Mac is amazing. It's unfortunate that I went to a couple of their concerts and didn't appreciate the music at my young age. "I Will Always Love You" -- Whitney Houston, "Losing My Religion" -- REM. TLC, Aaliyah, Seal, etc. It continues. Even boy bands are memorable. Now we've got music that's based purely on who can rap the fastest and about "fucking my bitch, going out and doing coke, and then wearing the most baggy pants I can wear so my underpants are showing" to paraphrase the stereotype of those songs.

Movies: In the late '90s, Pokemon was the shit, so everyone was there when the first movie hit America. I got the promo card. There's none of that around nowadays. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had three movies that were delightful and memorable, without the use of special effects throughout the whole movie. Titanic was one of the most impacting movies of that time; that bitch took two VHSs. Thelma and Louise was a movie that made me cry; I couldn't exactly relate to the situations of the characters, but the storyline was so strong, as well as the bond between the two. Night at the Roxbury... What is love. Baby, don't hurt me. That movie is a guilty pleasure. And this isn't even cracking the Disney and Pixar contributions to cinema.

Games: 3D? lolwut... 2D was enough for me, and with the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis in my life, I couldn't be more satisfied. Game Gear was a fucking beast that ate batteries as fast as you could open the packaging. I remember playing Columns for 8 hours straight, getting to level 98 in the exercise mode. My brother covered the screen for a few seconds and that's all she wrote. Good times. Super Nintendo had so many games going so well for it that it wasn't even funny. Donkey Kong Country, Final Fantasy series (even though they were being translated and sent over in a wacky order), Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart. Sega had more games: Sonic series, and the fact that they released the Sega Channel. That thing was like paying for another utility, but renting hundreds of games for a static fee per month wasn't a bad idea. It was perfect for someone my age, losing interest in a single game every few hours. The Nintendo 64 came out soon with its controller with the huge boner in the middle that we all groped to reach the trigger to do barrel rolls, kill Baron Samedi, and use that Star when we fell into last place in Choco Mountain. The original Mario Party was released, revolutionizing party games... and giving blisters with all the games that required rotation of the analog stick. That actually ruined all of my controllers' lifespans. PlayStation had even better graphics and I remember getting it early on. Final Fantasy VII was the first FF I'd ever played, and I was wanting more. Tomb Raider... one of the launch games for the system, I believe... is a game I played the shit out of, but because I sucked at games then, I didn't beat it. The voice acting was awesome for the time, and the ability to get her to shoot the shit out of bears and wolves. If you looked closely, her boobs are polygons. They're pointy. I always loved that. Again, I've only scratched the surface.

Misc.: Maybe I was too young to understand, but I don't think everyone was suffering because of the harsh economy we have these days. Now, I hear about it every day! And then there's global warming. Goddamn, am I tired of global warming. Clinton may have gotten head in office, but he sure took office in a good era. I didn't care about scandals and shit. I just wanted to kill Sigma in Mega Man X and beat Zeon in Shining Force II without losing my whole force twice over.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
I don't want to go pre-internet. Also, culture was better but life conditions were shittier in the past, here at least.

So I don't want to live the past, I want to proceed into the future, thank you very much.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
I'd like to go to the 80's, it's not to far back but just enough to where things like music and books still had a little more feeling to them. Everyone rushes everything nowadays, not to mention that it has almost no soul or feeling cause they just want to make money. Money ruined everything.:mad:

ramsay_baggins

WINTERFELL!
90s.
TV was better, the clothes were absolutely insane, ok so Primary School SUCKED but meh. The music was class =P
Childhood ftw <3

Irreverent

I came of age in the '86-96 era, spanning two decades. But the rapid pace of accelleration back then basically helped found my eternal quest for the new. I'm always searching for the latest thing.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
You want to go to greece and sodomise young boys?
Ancient Rome, Mah Boi. And no, I want to be able to execute women who defy me. And maybe some sideline sodomy as well. Who knows, the Romans were up for just about any old crazy thing.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Ancient Rome, Mah Boi. And no, I want to be able to execute women who defy me. And maybe some sideline sodomy as well. Who knows, the Romans were up for just about any old crazy thing.

And they had working toilets albeit public (but coeducational at least).

Good chioce, man.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Far into the future, when humans have spread themselves out thinly between hundreds of different planets. I'd love to have the knowledge of an advanced era along with the ability to actually explore a world without constantly trespassing on somebody's property. Can't do that now; every centimeter of the Earth is owned by somebody, and the only places you can take hikes and what have you are special beaten out paths that 900,000 people walk a day. Unless you go to Nevada or some other desert. But I'd like to be able to explore a new place that wasn't practically uninhabitable, you know?
Either that, or Asia during the reign of Khubilai Khan. That guy knew how to govern. Plus, I love old Chinese music, and I've always wanted to meet Marco Polo. That would be the 1270's since you're asking for a decade.

The Grey One

New Zealand Scot
80's.

T

Tycho

No Internet, no deal.

Discovering the Internet was one of the best things to ever happen to me. All this information... simple keystrokes away...

Going back to the 90's would mean... Prodigy, CompuServe, AOL... no, no. Fuck that.

Kangamutt

No Internet, no deal.

Discovering the Internet was one of the best things to ever happen to me. All this information... simple keystrokes away...

Going back to the 90's would mean... Prodigy, CompuServe, AOL... no, no. Fuck that.

But dude. Consider this:

1. Go back to the 90's with today's computer knowledge
2. Flaunt said computer knowledge to big businesses
3. ?????
4. PROFIT

I know where I'm going. :D

T

Tycho

But dude. Consider this:

1. Go back to the 90's with today's computer knowledge
2. Flaunt said computer knowledge to big businesses
3. ?????
4. PROFIT

I know where I'm going. :D

Hm.

Point taken...

I'd rather keep the fledgling World Wide Web out of the clutches of big businesses though.

ILU CERN <3

â„¢-Daley Leungsangnam475-â„¢

Red 'n' White Scouse Gamon ^_^
i'm more of a 70's/80's Person

i love music & Movies from them decades ... and Queen ... i cant forget about them

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Late 80's, early 90's. NES era games FTW. DOS FTW.

Gavrill

ladies~
definetly most cartoons suck now i miss all the good 90's cartoons
the music was iffy iliked the grunge though and some of the dance music was fun
*nods* I didn't particularly like grunge back then, but I like it now. And if only they'd play more "Rocko's Modern Life" and things like that...I'd be happy.

Riptor

Ran Out Of User Titles
If I could, I'd live in the 90's. Specifically, '93-'96. The cartoons were awesome, the games were awesome, and being just a little kid back then makes me biased, too. :3

SuperFurryBonzai

is that really necessary?
*nods* I didn't particularly like grunge back then, but I like it now. And if only they'd play more "Rocko's Modern Life" and things like that...I'd be happy.

rocko's modern life is still on (sorta) on nicktoons network i think but yea a great show