• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Which is more important, Views or Favorites of your Furaffinity posts?

Which is more important, Views or Favorites of your Furaffinity posts?

• Views

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Favorites

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

chuckfiala

One sort of fetish that I draw gets more views than anything else I draw. But, my slightly more conservative drawings get more faves. Any ideas why this might be?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I like favourites more. I know I shouldn't care about either of these things, but oh well.

If you draw esoteric content that people might enjoy, but would find embarrassing to admit they enjoy, that might explain why you get more views than favourites.

Jackpot Raccuki

Mind your manors
Depends.
Views are blank and somewhat meaningless.
Faves mean someone took time to move the mouse and click a button that says "I like this."

Both feed people's ego, but one does so more due to the fact more people view than fave.

chuckfiala

Depends.
Views are blank and somewhat meaningless.
Faves mean someone took time to move the mouse and click a button that says "I like this."

Both feed people's ego, but one does so more due to the fact more people view than fave.

I've noticed that when I get more views, I also get more watchers. When I sop drawing the fetish, I lose watchers but get more favorites from the same limited group. This has led me to try to get more views.

RailRide

The Real Wheels of Steel
Also, +fave-ing something places it in the viewer's fave gallery, visible on their FA frontpage. Sometimes people who otherwise aren't hiding their entire fave gallery may not want to be connected to an interest in certain material by having it appear there even though they may be curious enough about a piece to look at it, perhaps more than once.

---PCJ

chuckfiala

Also, +fave-ing something places it in the viewer's fave gallery, visible on their FA frontpage. Sometimes people who otherwise aren't hiding their entire fave gallery may not want to be connected to an interest in certain material by having it appear there even though they may be curious enough about a piece to look at it, perhaps more than once.

---PCJ

Ahhh! Okay, that makes sense! So it really is more important to get views then, especially if not everyone wants to admit to liking the fetish art!

I think both are very important, especially when building a fan base, but a fave is very visible and can be shared indirectly through another user's page, earning more views. They kind of need each other a little bit

catscom

Knowing that I really shouldn't care about either, I'd say favorites are inherently more important. And still knowing that I really shouldn't care about either, my goodness does it sting when an objectively simpler or lower-quality (sorry) picture gets more attention in the form of favorites by appealing to a niche interest like inflation. It makes perfect sense though!

Asher Grey

Probably Sleeping
Views, because I use my "favorites" folder to save things. There's little to no correlation between art I really like and art I actually add to favorites.

If I fave your reference sheet, it's not because I really like it, it's so I can easily find it when I work on the art I owe you. I also use it for saving tutorials/resources I find helpful as well as art of my OCs that I want to remember proper credit for.

If I actually faved every good drawing I see, I wouldn't be able to find anything I need to refer back to. Often I'll comment if I feel there's a need for explicit positive feedback but usually it'll just get my view.

chuckfiala

Views, because I use my "favorites" folder to save things. There's little to no correlation between art I really like and art I actually add to favorites.

If I fave your reference sheet, it's not because I really like it, it's so I can easily find it when I work on the art I owe you. I also use it for saving tutorials/resources I find helpful as well as art of my OCs that I want to remember proper credit for.

If I actually faved every good drawing I see, I wouldn't be able to find anything I need to refer back to. Often I'll comment if I feel there's a need for explicit positive feedback but usually it'll just get my view.
That's very interesting! I've never used faves in that way. I tend to think the views are most important because they show a level of interest. Somebody saw something they wanted to click on and see better.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
Comments! I like when people chat with me about something I made .u.