• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Which Unreal Tournament game do you enjoy the most?

Thaeh

Out of the great list it has, which game do you like the most? I personally like the UT 99 GOTY more because the gameplay and speed, it's a perfect combination of both, so yeah, that's about it. How about you?

Vibgyor

WORK NOT DONE
UT99 mainly for the nostalgia value. My friend and I played it a lot together as kids.

Iudicium_86

Just another artist
I was majorly into UT99, but haven't played those in forever until I got the Steam unreal pack only a couple years ago and played them all. 2004 was pretty neat, but it just didn't click with me as much as it probably would have if I had played it when it first came out. So UT3 is the one I play the most.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
UT 2003 and 2004

I still to this day laugh at when on the box for UT2003 say there will be vehicles and there isnt one in the game

Garfang

The original Unreal Tournament was AWESOME! I never liked the 2003 or 2004 or 3..... >< i remember playing UT for hours!

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
i loved the original and 2004^^ 2003 was awesome as well but 2004 was SO much better.

UT 2003 and 2004

I still to this day laugh at when on the box for UT2003 say there will be vehicles and there isnt one in the game

actually there is one^^ if you enter "open vehicledemo" into the UT 2003 console it loads a demo map with a vehicle.

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
UT99. Such an awesome game.

C

cad

UT99. It was the shit. Every other UT game after it sucked, imo.

Thaeh

I'm still a noob as I sometimes lose when playing on godlike difficulty on campaign, but if any of you want to 1vs1 me or play all together in one map that would be cool.

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
UT2004. UT99 was my first FPS (beyond watching my dad and brother play Doom 2 and Quake and whatnot), and it's right up there with 2004, but I just like the added movement options too much. Combined, those games are by far my most played ever, and I'm willing to bet that I've sunk at least a straight year of my life into 2k4, all time combined. Hell, it's still my most played game, 7 years later.

I sure do hope they make a sequel some day. One that doesn't take the worst parts of both games and combine them to create an insult to everyone who ever played the first ones.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
UT2004 was one of the first FPS games I played online with. I love that game; I don't play it anymore, but I still love it. I really should fire it up and see what servers are still going.

DEATH WARRANT SPAM VIKINGS! Always played there. Onslaught. So many custom maps, vehicles, and other shit. So fun.

I pitched a nice boner when UT3 came out. Then I played it. What the fuck :[

Conker

Bumping this (still on the first page lawl).

How many people still play UT:04? Anyone know? I might reinstall that beast and get back into it. I'm itchen for a crazy FPS right now and have nothing :(

CerbrusNL

I am legion, for we are many.
Tss. Unreal.

Real men play Quake III Arena.

I do have U2K4 on my laptop, also, though... Mostly to shoot the crap out of my classmates :p (It seems my Quake addiction, back then, did pay off, after all)
Edit: I just realized that it sounds like I'm actually shooting my classmates... It should go without speaking that I'm talking 'bout Unreal, there :/

Last edited:

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
Tss. Unreal.

Real men play Quake III Arena.

I do have U2K4 on my laptop, also, though... Mostly to shoot the crap out of my classmates :p (It seems my Quake addiction, back then, did pay off, after all)
Edit: I just realized that it sounds like I'm actually shooting my classmates... It should go without speaking that I'm talking 'bout Unreal, there :/

I wasn't ever a huge fan of Quake, really. I watched my dad play Quake 2 for years on end, and I tried a bit of Q3 back in the day, but I really always preferred the feel of UT. Quake always felt really floaty to me, strangely enough. It's hard to explain; even though the movement and weapons were faster, it all still felt really uneven.

Conker

Seems like UT04 is dead. Just opened it and checked the server lists. Only one game up and it was empty.

Edit: I think the master server is down for maintenance, maybe that's the cause.

Last edited:

Riley

Watch out for snakes!
If any of them are dead, it's UT3. UT99 still has about a thousand servers last time I checked, and 2004 has even more. Not a whole lot of vanilla servers, though.

Conker

If any of them are dead, it's UT3. UT99 still has about a thousand servers last time I checked, and 2004 has even more. Not a whole lot of vanilla servers, though.
Good to hear; must just be the master server being down. Even the Epic websites are down.

It kinda sucks that every server I'll try and play will need me to download a shitton of stuff though. I guess if Death Warrent is up, I'll just download all their maps like I did six years ago :p

T

Tycho

UT 2004 hands down

Onslaught and Assault are made of so much win.

Also, "Jailbreak" mod = SO MUCH GODDAMN FUN

Last edited by a moderator: