• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Whiskey and Whisky

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
Just wanted an excuse to post about how much I am enjoying Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban 14.

Any other aficionados out there who care to share their adult beverage experiences (specifically whiskey and whisky stuffs)?

.. am I just really old and alone in this affection?

oh no.
I had the 10, didn't like it, tasted like decaying wood, Glenifiddich 12 on the other hand had a better mouthfeel, I actually finished that bottle quite fast. lol

Flamingo

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I had the 10, didn't like it, tasted like decaying wood, Glenifiddich 12 on the other hand had a better mouthfeel, I actually finished that bottle quite fast. lol
Fairly typical with the lower end scotches. If I was on my way to the guillotine, an 18 or a Signet Glenmorangie would definitely be my last taste.
Templeton
Never had! I'll have to add it to the list.
I'm partial to Knob Hill and Glenlivet
Solid choices!

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Just wanted an excuse to post about how much I am enjoying Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban 14.

Any other aficionados out there who care to share their adult beverage experiences (specifically whiskey and whisky stuffs)?

.. am I just really old and alone in this affection?

oh no.

I only have three friends, jack, jim and johnny.

that aside, I do love me a good bowmore. I have a 10y one right here, which is good, but I liked the 15y one better.

That aside, I also have a 16y Jura here which is great.

other than that, it's just the usually stuff to get shitfaced on, Jim beam, tullamore dew, etc.

Polaris

Random Posting Sheepo
I do always love an occasional whiskey to warm one's soul on those cold evening!

Jameson, Tullamore Dew, Paddy's and Jack Daniels are the ones I always go with whenever I feel like buying a bottle.

Sometimes when I feel festive I might enjoy some Finnish Teerenpeli whiskys, which while sure are expensive, they do taste rather lovely!

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I think I've only had whisky once in my life, at a Chinese restaurant. The waitress was appalled because I look younger than I am

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Can't drink whiskey anymore xD had way too many shots of it in too short a time, and now my body has a strong aversion to the taste xD like to the point where just smelling it will make me severely nauseous

D

Deleted member 111470

I prefer Bourbon. I guess it counts as whisky.

I mean, it even says Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky on the bottle, so yeah.

From all the ones I've tried, it is my favorite so far. I've always wanted to get a bottle of Blanton's but it's always out of stock in this country.
[edit]
I forgot. Naturally, since my fursona is a monkey - a close second to Maker's Mark is "Monkey's Shoulder" for me. I love it.
[/edit]

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
Quinta Ruban is probably one of Glenmorangies best expressions. I've sipped my way through Highlands, Island, Islay, Speyside and the Lowlands, have yet to try and Campletowns though. I find I prefer Islay the most though #Cult of Ardbeg. Highland park is pretty tasty as well. Old Poulnty 12 is a fav for sure. Balvenie 14 year Carriebean Cask is what started the love of Scotch for me, and is my bf's and I's aniversary bottle. Prey tell are you a memeber of the "Magnificent Bastards"?

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
Laphroaig single malt scotch whisky, a side pint with some bentwood sticks for a more direct flavor.
Though I found a blended scotch whisky called Monkey Shoulder that was just out of this world.
Chivas always goes first but its kind of expensive.

thats about it for the whisky bois, besides a cheap canadian whisky and a bourbon whiskey from whatever party happened over the summer.

TemetNosce88

So long, good luck, goodbye.
I used to be a big fan of Jameson and Bushmills when I drank more. I generally preferred Bushmills, I thought it was a little smoother. Tried to get into scotch but it just didn't take with me.

Though, I did just find out that I like Jaegermeister pretty well. So that's been interesting.

Flamingo

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm partial to Old Overholt Straight Rye Whiskey.
I must try this!
I am really basic, but I love Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey with Vanilla Coke. It hits my sweet tooth perfectly.
You're a cheap date. But I can appreciate that.
I only have three friends, jack, jim and johnny.

that aside, I do love me a good bowmore. I have a 10y one right here, which is good, but I liked the 15y one better.

That aside, I also have a 16y Jura here which is great.

other than that, it's just the usually stuff to get shitfaced on, Jim beam, tullamore dew, etc.
Conor gets it.
Scotch is just way too expensive.
A necessary sacrifice.
I do always love an occasional whiskey to warm one's soul on those cold evening!

Jameson, Tullamore Dew, Paddy's and Jack Daniels are the ones I always go with whenever I feel like buying a bottle.

Sometimes when I feel festive I might enjoy some Finnish Teerenpeli whiskys, which while sure are expensive, they do taste rather lovely!
Very wide selection/pallet there!
Whatever is cheap and sweet-ish, I'll usually buy.
.. so, Jack?
I think I've only had whisky once in my life, at a Chinese restaurant. The waitress was appalled because I look younger than I am
Frank, live a little.
Can't drink whiskey anymore xD had way too many shots of it in too short a time, and now my body has a strong aversion to the taste xD like to the point where just smelling it will make me severely nauseous
This is me and tequila.
I prefer Bourbon. I guess it counts as whisky.

I mean, it even says Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky on the bottle, so yeah.

From all the ones I've tried, it is my favorite so far. I've always wanted to get a bottle of Blanton's but it's always out of stock in this country.
[edit]
I forgot. Naturally, since my fursona is a monkey - a close second to Maker's Mark is "Monkey's Shoulder" for me. I love it.
[/edit]
Maker is solid! I'm a big fan of Angel's Envy. Definitely a good one.
On Fridays, I usually treat myself to a Jack & Coke. It’s become one of my favourite drinks ever :p
That is my go-to on flights. Can't go wrong with that.
Quinta Ruban is probably one of Glenmorangies best expressions. I've sipped my way through Highlands, Island, Islay, Speyside and the Lowlands, have yet to try and Campletowns though. I find I prefer Islay the most though #Cult of Ardbeg. Highland park is pretty tasty as well. Old Poulnty 12 is a fav for sure. Balvenie 14 year Carriebean Cask is what started the love of Scotch for me, and is my bf's and I's aniversary bottle. Prey tell are you a memeber of the "Magnificent Bastards"?
Quinta and Lasanta are both so nice! Islay! Wow, I tried to go the way of Ron Swanson but I can't handle the smoke.
Laphroaig single malt scotch whisky, a side pint with some bentwood sticks for a more direct flavor.
Though I found a blended scotch whisky called Monkey Shoulder that was just out of this world.
Chivas always goes first but its kind of expensive.

thats about it for the whisky bois, besides a cheap canadian whisky and a bourbon whiskey from whatever party happened over the summer.
Monkey Shoulder is really good!
I don't drink much whiskey beyond Wild Turkey and Maker's Mark. I'm more of a tequila guy
o_O

Zenoth

[redacted by staff]
Islay! Wow, I tried to go the way of Ron Swanson but I can't handle the smoke.
There are some unpeated Islays. Keep an eye out for Bruichladdich "The Classic Laddy" and if you're feeling like a somewhat price adventure see if anywhere has Bruichladdich "Black Art" or Octomore on the menu. Black Art is a 40 dollar 2oz pour out here, but worth it to try at least once. BA is unpeated, bottled in 1999, sooooo damn good, good enough I *might* go back for a second pour.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Not a big aficionado, and I probably wouldn't be able to tell different brands apart, but I rather like it. It's my father-in-law who has a tendency to treat me to his whisky findings - apparently not many around him (including my wife) are willing to appreciate it.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy