• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Who Else Plays Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted?

Goeiz

I've been playing this game since 2012, but I've been on and off considering it's pay to play. I just got back on again for a bit after two years on Free Access, and good lord, so much has changed. I'm still kind of in shock, and sad that New Trismus is in ruins and is no longer that much of a social hotspot anymore. However, I am grateful for the bug fixes and countless updates that have improved the game so much.

But anyways, for those who haven't played, Istaria is a craft/adventure MMORPG where you get to play as a dragon and a variety of bipedal races (human, half-giant, elf, fiend, and so on). It's been around since 2003, so it's kind of old but it's a great game with a wonderful community and an abundance in lore. You get to join guilds, build towns and lairs, craft your own spells, weapons, and armor, join PVP, go on trophy hunts, etc. It's a game that really keeps you busy, and there's always a ton of places to explore and creatures to kill.

I was 12 when I started playing, so my obsession with dragons then is what got me to play the game. It really deserves more attention.

Here's a screenshot of when I got back to playing the day before. It's Guaza just resting in redone Skalkaar, the location you start out in as a dragon hatchling, by a nice pond:
30738573_352405448613912_9115028351487049728_n.jpg

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
I played it once many years ago, on a free trial thing, but quit when the trial is up.If i remember you had to pay a monthly subscription to play as anything other than a human (and I was in kind of a dragon phase) which drove me away. I dont do monthly subscriptions because in my opinion theres no point in paying for a game that will never be yours, it just seems like a scam to me.

Goeiz

I played it once many years ago, on a free trial thing, but quit when the trial is up.If i remember you had to pay a monthly subscription to play as anything other than a human (and I was in kind of a dragon phase) which drove me away. I dont do monthly subscriptions because in my opinion theres no point in paying for a game that will never be yours, it just seems like a scam to me.

I prefer paying to play it, considering everything in the game is free unlike other MMO's where certain merch and maps have to be purchased with actual money, whether you bought the game or not. The monthly subs are kind of expensive, but the developers do a lot of good with that money. They actually renovated the game and added a lot of new stuff, so almost everything is different from landscapes to quests. If the game was barely maintained and there were bugs running amok, then I would agree that it was scam, but the devs are very responsible with the game and I respect that.

Currently, they have a Free Access (Lifetime) option, but you only have one character slot and you can only level up as high as 15. Maybe you can tour around for a bit and stick to roleplaying in the game if that's your thing, idk.

I'm actually about to pay for basic access to the game, which I haven't done in two years. It's just, well, so addictive and it keeps me busy.