• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Who else rooted for the Cats in "Cats & Dogs?"

Who rooted for the Cats?

• Me

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Not me

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter
dogsrule.jpg

I may be a Villain, but I have standards.

SirGavintheFurred

The Comment Cavalry
Have not seen the movie in a while, but from what I remember I think I'm still on Team Dog. The cats were comical, but the dogs were even more likeable. Plus you know... Dogs.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I wasn’t fond of how all cats were evil but. I mean.

They have been proven to mimic the pitch human babies make as it triggers an instinctual response to take care of them. It’s also been proven that contracting cat scratch does something to your brain and makes you more fond of cats.

So maybe it is an accurate portrayal.

At the time I originally watched though I was like “prefer lizards” so.

Nihles

Pet foxxo
I was disappointed by the movie waaay back. I think Chloe from "Secret Life of Pets" nailed the 'cattitude' much better. I have 3 cats, all aggressively selfish and incredibly bratty but utterly incapable of cooperation towards world domination.

Ravofox

back to Aussie foxying!
It’s also been proven that contracting cat scratch does something to your brain and makes you more fond of cats.

I feel much better about that time my cat scratched me now:p

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Huh...never saw it but I'll side with the cats on this one.

Also: Could Sylvester finally eat that annoying Tweety Bird? It is proven fact that nobody likes that pesky yellow brat. :p

Nihles

Pet foxxo
You're infected with brain parasites
I wish I could say you are trolling but I have heard about studies that cats may carry diseases that can alter a person's behavior. This is someone's honest theory to explain "crazy cat hoarding" ladies.

AppleButt

I wish I could say you are trolling but I have heard about studies that cats may carry diseases that can alter a person's behavior. This is someone's honest theory to explain "crazy cat hoarding" ladies.

Yep. And it can make some people feel suicidal.

It usually infects rats, and makes them less scared of cats so they are more likely to be eaten by the cat allowing the parasite to enter the cat.

Crazy shit.

HuskyLover101

NemesisPrime92 on FA
Back when it came out, dogs, but nowadays I root for the cats since I can't stand dogs in RL anymore. The sequel portrayed the cats as less evil because one of the main characters was a cat who operated on a similar underground mission as the dogs to protect their humans from the evil cats! Lol

Bumpin'.

While I don't necessarily root for them (they're still villains after all) that movie annoys me to no end! I did enjoy watching it as a kid but now, being more aware of how cats are nearly ALWAYS portrayed as villains, its pretty much unwatchable for me. Warner Bros has a nasty history of doing this (Disney too, but far less). Yeah the sequel came around and gave us some good cats which is why I vastly prefer it over the original (even if it is technically "inferior") but it still has Kitty Galore who is a cat and the main villain.

In fact, can I rant here a little? Why is it that many dog-centric movies and cartoons always feel the need to have cats as the mean, irredeemable scum of the earth villains? Like, you never see this vice versa where cat-centric media does the same with dogs (unless someone can show me otherwise).

Worst is, this trope is STILL being used to this day.

Like for example, the recent 101 Dalmatian Street series has Constantin, a cat who is the Dalmatians' next-door neighbour who is snooty and egotistical but doesn't bother with them (yet is somehow seen as worse than Clarissa, a corgy who ACTIVELY TRIES to get rid of the Dalmatians) as well as Cuddles, the evil feline sidekick of Hunter De Vil who, get this, doesn't do a heel-face turn in the season finale but his owner does.

Also the movie Rock Dog, another movie I do not like. Yeah Angus Scattergood does get better but only because the plot demands it. He's still treated as a big jerk throughout the movie while Bodi (a dog) is portrayed as a "lovely, flawless, saint" who does nothing wrong (which quite frankly makes him super boring and a Gary-Stu).

Like its hard these days to find a REALLY good cat protagonist these days. Sure you have Cats Don't Dance and whatnot, but still. Thankfully one of my OCs is a good kitty. ;D

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Oh hey, I like a good necro too.
Like politics, this is the one of those times the correct aswer is "Everyone involved in this should be lined up against a wall".
There you go, question answered, lock thread.

Stray Cat Terry

테리 / 特里 / テリー
When I was young, Dog 99 : Cat 1.

Now, Dog 70 : Cat 30.

If the cats weren't giving me "We're plain evil because we had to make your protagonists more justified" vibe, I would give cats more points.

Plus, cats already control humanity, they won't need to dominate the world twice UwU (Unless they hate dogs being peer dominators of humanity)