• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Who has an actual furry tatoo???

KatmanDu

Squeezing the Charmin
Their meaning to me is personal, and they weren't spur of the moment things... and I'm quite aware they're for life, and someday I'll be a saggy old guy.

rightshoulder.jpg

leftshoulder.jpg

virus

TROLLUS MAXIMUS
Almost worse then getting a swastika tattoo.

mottled.kitten

the < to my 3
Not sure if I'd get a "furry" tattoo, though I have toyed with the idea of having Drip from "Jack" tattooed somewhere. All of my tattoos are personal and, dare I say, tasteful, and they aren't in places that will stretch/sag anytime soon. When I'm old and gray, I intend on being the freaky old woman in the house that kids are afraid to walk by, anyway.

T

Tycho

Last edited by a moderator:

Ouroboros

Mmm... yummy tail =3
I would get a tattoo of an animal, but never a furry; unless it's a dragon.

mottled.kitten

the < to my 3

Yes, dragons are hot no matter what. LOL

I've always wanted something vulgar tattooed on my body, to scar all the kiddies at the beach with... like a demon fornicating with a maiden on my back. >)

Awkore

Yes, dragons are hot no matter what. LOL

I've always wanted something vulgar tattooed on my body, to scar all the kiddies at the beach with... like a demon fornicating with a maiden on my back. >)

My dad used to have some thing like that, but when he married my mother she made him get some pants tattoo'd on her

QuixoticMutt

Professional whale jockey
I am getting a tattoo sometime after high school, not furry related.

I have a little Maori in me and I am getting traditional Maori warrior tattoos on my left arm. I don't think I am gonna get it done the way they do though, for some getting a plant needle stuck in my arm a couple hundred thousand times over a 5 hour period sounds a bit more painful then getting metal jabbed into me for an hour :D

T

Tycho

I am getting a tattoo sometime after high school, not furry related.

I have a little Maori in me and I am getting traditional Maori warrior tattoos on my left arm. I don't think I am gonna get it done the way they do though, for some getting a plant needle stuck in my arm a couple hundred thousand times over a 5 hour period sounds a bit more painful then getting metal jabbed into me for an hour :D

Are you sure you have Maori blood? Getting those kinds of tattoos is supposedly really insulting to Maoris, if you aren't a Maori.

EDIT: I DOUBLEPOSTED WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

QuixoticMutt

Professional whale jockey
Are you sure you have Maori blood? Getting those kinds of tattoos is supposedly really insulting to Maoris, if you aren't a Maori.

EDIT: I DOUBLEPOSTED WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Yes, I have Maori blood. 12 percent :D

The rest of me is just a melting pot though, basically. Got a lot of Inuit in me too, Moved from Alaska when I was 12

talakestreal

The Laconic Draconic
I have two tattoos. One I regret very much, a wyrm-style dragon shooting flames on my left wrist (gah, is that thing ever ass-ugly. Was supposed to be a bright purple and blue. Ended up orange and blue. GAH! Never again!).

And one is a cute little tribal dragon on my left shoulder.

Eventually, I"ll get hte other one fixed into something like an eastern dragon with multiple wings curling around my art. For now, I'm done with tattooing.

Someday, i want to get my fursona's markings tattooed on me, since they have deep value/meaning to me. though I don't intend to get them tattooed where they are on my fursona (a tattoo in the middle of my face? NO THANK YOU).

I don't have any pictures to show, but yeah...think carefully before ever getting tattoos. Don't do the spur-of-the-moment thing, lol.

Kirbizard

Kamikaze Kirby
For the rest. Of. Your. Life.
Depends how much of one you have to begin with really... <(>_>)>

To be honest, although it would be tempting, I've never seriously considered getting a tattoo of any sort.
If they're done right by a good artist, they can be pretty awesome. If they're done by a bad artist, you're going to be stuck with some really crappy art on your arm/back/wherever.
Remember to check out the tattooist's history, before stumbling inside their studio drunk. 8U

Irreverent

Permanent reminder, temporary feeling, etc.

Heh. Great tune too.

I'd probably never get a tattoo, furry or otherwise. But if I did, it would be from a professional, industry acclaimed artist, and not some guy running a corner tattoo/piercing/skate shop that caters to the "Oh look, a pretty butterfly." crowd.

I have a collegue that stalks said artists for his tats, and the wait time can be years.

Awkore

I have a collegue that stalks said artists for his tats, and the wait time can be years.

Thats usually a good sign, i remember the wait for mine was 6 months, but only because one of his friends was mine, and asked for a favour. Other wise i would of had to wait about 4 months longer.

Cygnus421

I had to read this entire thread because I myself have been wanting to get a tattoo for years now, but i just cannot think of something that can i can look down on for the rest of my life and say "yeah, i can relate to that"

Their meaning to me is personal, and they weren't spur of the moment things... and I'm quite aware they're for life, and someday I'll be a saggy old guy.

rightshoulder.jpg

leftshoulder.jpg

I like these. They're not too out of the ordinary, but still very classy and anthro related.

I love dragons too, i happen to be a fantasy lit freak. The idea of getting a dragon definitely popped into my head a couple of times, but I've just seen so many dragon tattoos, and I'm really not one to get something mainstream like that, because that is so opposite my personality.

LizardKing said:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Ima...fur_tattoo.jpg

There's so much wrong with this I don't even know where to start

I was always repulsed by babyfurs just as much as the average person on this site is, but there's really no reason to be hating them like this. They have something on there body that makes them one step closer to who they wish they could be, and you're pissed off because the tattoos they got don't match your ideas of what is socially acceptable.

CONCLUSION: They're happy, and you're not.

T

Tycho

I swear to god, I joined FA because of these tattoos so I could comment on this picture. Then i got really into the art and decided I was a furry also.

The tattoos are well drawn.

The characters by themselves are cute (except for the piss stain).

Seeing them as tattoos on GROWN MEN is bizarre.

Knowing these characters are alter-egos of these GROWN MEN is SAD.

Irreverent

Seeing them as tattoos on GROWN MEN is bizarre.

Knowing these characters are alter-egos of these GROWN MEN is SAD.

Respectfully, I gotta call you out of bounds on that Tycho. I agree its odd, unusual, uncanny even, definitely not my cup of tea......but not sad. Worthy of a few lulz for sure....but .......It their body, their call.

Hell, the world frowns on more than half of the stuff I consider a legitimate hobby. Who are we to criticize?

Cygnus421

Respectfully, I gotta call you out of bounds on that Tycho. I agree its odd, unusual, uncanny even, definitely not my cup of tea......but not sad. Worthy of a few lulz for sure....but .......It their body, their call.

Hell, the world frowns on more than half of the stuff I consider a legitimate hobby. Who are we to criticize?

my point exactly. they have tattoos that mean something to them, that at least makes them smarter than most of the schmucks who get tattoos that only look good and mean absolutely nothing to them. (White people with tribal armbands being my biggest pet peeve. what tribe do you belong to... chad?)

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
ever notice how most furs treat babyfurs like the rest of the world treats furries in general?

just sayin, thats all.