• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Who Has ESP?

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
Re: Who Has ESP?
No need to be complete asshole. The again..... You are a brony. Not the brightest group out there..... What do you actually know about neurological processes? i am guessing little-to none.
Did your highly attuned ability to perceive electromagnetic fields lead you to the realization that bro ponies as a whole aren't the brightest group out there or is that just an ad hominem attack because you didn't like what he said and can't actually refute it?

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Maybe you should become a lawyer, yo, with the instant ability to tell who is guilty and who ain't.

Or maybe you could take a good hard look at yourself one day and realise you're not convincing anyone

Nothing you said made even a lick of sense. I don't mean that "bbut it isn't possible D:" I mean that the scientific words you're trying to employ literally don't work the way you're using them

Last edited:

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
No need to be complete asshole. The again..... You are a brony. Not the brightest group out there..... What do you actually know about neurological processes? i am guessing little-to none.
"I have ESP and you don't know anything about brains or neurons"

Oh my thank you :3

Kangamutt

Detecting EMFs with ESP? Please, ask anyone that spends an extended amount of time under fluorescent lighting about that annoying buzzing feeling in their head and feeling needlessly agitated.

Traven V

Luna-tic.
I believe it could/can be possible (I mean come on a long time ago the idea that the would was round was an offense punishable by death but anyways, and it seems that free thinking here may also be so too...) technically there is electricity/radiation etc. moving through us, (think radio signals/satellites sending information) and the air for that matter. I don't know really, I try to keep it simple it is easy to fall into delusion but sensing electricity makes sense and Foxes do have a sense of EMF. So all I can really state is I wouldn't personally know.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake

Playing the victim card instead of actually delivering some evidence and ignoring counterarguments. Typical for someone with severe delusions. And thanks for calling me an idiot based on one link that I have in my signature.
As for the brony part, if you had actually clicked the link in my signature it would have been obvious to you that I am not a brony.

Most users on FAF don't want to have anything to do with supernatural bullshit. Just sayin'. So you either present some evidence for your claims or be prepared to be ridiculed.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

Awww that's just precious.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
I believe in the ability to use my primary 5 senses, specifically my hearing and sight, to be more aware of my surroundings, and in having a better perceptual awareness, dictate more then a drunk, someone jaming out to their walkman, or staring blankly into space. However, this doesn't mean I have some super special ability, but I have lead myself to believe in some extra perceptual things occurring, such as ghosts and random possible spiritual interference within my lifetime.

I find it rather creepy when I hear sounds or see things out of the corner of my eye that are not there, the sounds being worse then the visual hallucinations which can be attributed to a psychological disorder or other psychological effects.

D

Deleted member 93706

Occasional minor uncontrollable telepathy. It runs in my mother's side of the family.

I'm an empath. Runs in my mother's side of the family.

I can see auras (to me, they are colorless distortion fields extending an inch or two beyond the skin) if I look hard enough. Also runs in my mother's side of the family.

Minor uncontrollable precognition (via dreams, oddly enough) that is probably just coincidence.

Take it or leave it.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Occasional minor uncontrollable telepathy. It runs in my mother's side of the family.

I'm an empath. Runs in my mother's side of the family.

I can see auras (to me, they are colorless distortion fields extending an inch or two beyond the skin) if I look hard enough. Also runs in my mother's side of the family.

Minor uncontrollable precognition (via dreams, oddly enough) that is probably just coincidence.

Take it or leave it.

Leave it far away from me please.
To be blunt, I see no reason why I should believe you. I also see no reason why I shouldn't think that you are hallucinating or just seeing things.

-Sliqq-

Silo
I don't know. I did have a few weird experiences though.

I focused my third eye & then forced all my chakras open(which isn't natural at all). I promptly got a nosebleed. I hadn't irritated my nose during that time. Another is that if I close my hands, the wind stops. Sometimes I dream the future (as in a very specific scenario) but I think that's common.

But it could all be my imagination

WolfNightV4X1

King of Kawaii; That Token Femboy
I think some of the forms of ESP mentioned could have actual basis...I can believe thatvon some level a human can sense EMF or weather presssure changes. There was a blind boy who could 'see' by using echolocation...so yeah, some abilities are unusual and rare but not impossible.

However others are totally not true and are based more on other outside circumstances than actually having that ability. Like maybe the person is just and expert at picking up hints in someones attitude, posture, dress to infer information about them

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I don't know. I did have a few weird experiences though.

I focused my third eye & then forced all my chakras open(which isn't natural at all). I promptly got a nosebleed. I hadn't irritated my nose during that time. Another is that if I close my hands, the wind stops. Sometimes I dream the future (as in a very specific scenario) but I think that's common.

But it could all be my imagination

I think you got nosebleed because you forced a bloodvessel open... >__>
There are logical explanations for everything. And trust me, you don't get nosebleed because you "forced your chakras open"...

-Sliqq-

Silo
I think you got nosebleed because you forced a bloodvessel open... >__>
There are logical explanations for everything. And trust me, you don't get nosebleed because you "forced your chakras open"...

<.< Stop crushing my dreams lol

I swear I can use Chidori now

pheonixbat

The Battiest Bird
I'm pretty sure Some people have a gift of some sort but if they start selling it out like they're magical...They're liars.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
I was never sure how to see color in auras either.

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
I used to have really bad Deajavue (can't spell right now) and would always seem to know what was going to happen but a few moments.
Lost that feeling now as i aged tho.

I think a lot of the effects people claim to have are more like, quantum anomalies where a strange occurrence is the world being affected by your consciousness.
Its a weird concept i know but things are affected by your thinking and actions, even at the sub atomic level.

Ghosts in my mind are more like a anomaly where somehow a parallel dimension is connected and a ghost image or such is allowed to be seen in our world.
This includes demons and so called dark spirits, something that passed through the worlds and can affect ours in weird ways.

This is all just my idea and has no factual base but makes sense to me.

D

Deleted member 93706

To be blunt, I see no reason why I should believe you. I also see no reason why I shouldn't think that you are hallucinating or just seeing things.

You have no reason to and I'm not going to try and give you one. AKA: Take it or leave it, as I stated in my original post.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
"Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, therefore ghosts."
"The universe had a beginning, therefore Creation."
- Pseudoscience 101

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
If I had ESP, I'd have made smarter decisions about the people I've associated with in the past.

But I didn't because I don't have ESP because ESP is only a tool in fiction.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I knew a person who said she could see auras and used that to read people's emotions.

She said I liked her. She could see the aura.

I did not like her. I tolerated her.

It's horseshit.

D

Deleted member 93706

I knew a person who said she could see auras and used that to read people's emotions.

She said I liked her. She could see the aura.

I did not like her. I tolerated her.

It's horseshit.

Did you ask her about her "powers" or did she tell you?

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
People have far too much faith in the human mind. "I know what I saw!" Bullshit. The brain actually records a very small portion of the information around you. Most of what you perceive and remember is the result of interpolation, or your mind filling in the gaps with whatever seems to make the most sense. If you convince yourself that ghosts make sense, then that's the way your memories will be shaped. If you think you saw something hard enough, your memories will change to favor that interpretation.

Fortunately, we have ways of testing and verifying claims that remove this bias by confirming results between multiple trials and observers. Unfortunately, this inevitably leads to the very boring conclusion that none of us are actually superheroes.

Staring really intensely at someone or something can cause your eye to see stuff that isn't there. Probably not a superpower.