• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Who hates what type of music???

Bellini Tabloid

whatcha say? that's cool...
There was actually a study on college students SAT scores, based on there taste of music. This chart shows your IQ, based on what you like. Making gansta rapper; Lil' Wayne, show that you are a dumbass. Go ahead, see if your a genius.

PriestRevan

Banned
Banned
There was actually a study on college students SAT scores, based on there taste of music. This chart shows your IQ, based on what you like. Making gansta rapper; Lil' Wayne, show that you are a dumbass. Go ahead, see if your a genius.

I've met plenty of intelligent people who enjoy gangta rappers...

I don't think music always has an effect on your IQ. I mean, I love and listen to Classical music, and I'm fairly idiotic.

Rytes

Click Here
i always find studies like that to be bullshit. it's more behavioral than intelligent based. What "Intelligent" person is gonna listen weezy, jim jones, etc and take a dumbass survey like that? only elitist complain about music that was never catered to them in the first place

oh yeah i don't like disney pop, besides that i got a favorite song in every category (execpt scremo, i still don't know what that is)

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
i always find studies like that to be bullshit. it's more behavioral than intelligent based. What "Intelligent" person is gonna listen weezy, jim jones, etc and take a dumbass survey like that? only elitist complain about music that was never catered to them in the first place

oh yeah i don't like disney pop, besides that i got a favorite song in every category (execpt scremo, i still don't know what that is)

I'd like to see the questionaire, and the pool the sources were gathered from. It can happen...steretyping is a factor that can creep into statistical studies.

Scremo. Hummm...Maybe Alexisonfire?

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF

I listen to gangsta rap from time to time and my scores were in the mid to high 600s on each section (including writing).

Lil' Wayne is hardly gangsta rap.

Rytes

Click Here
I'd like to see the questionaire, and the pool the sources were gathered from. It can happen...steretyping is a factor that can creep into statistical studies.

Scremo. Hummm...Maybe Alexisonfire?

hmmm... that video wasn't all that bad. sick drums

Rytes

Click Here
I listen to gangsta rap from time to time and my scores were in the mid to high 600s on each section (including writing).

Lil' Wayne is hardly gangsta rap.

nobody even says gangsta nowadays anyway.

"I'm So Hood" - Dj Khaled...god damn i hate that guy... he isn't a dj, he doesn't rap, he doesn't produce, and he makes the most annoying mixtapes...

RoscoTL

It would seem like most people dislike rap and hip hop and country, even though I agree to some exent with them, I will say that some rappers deserve credit for good work like Ti, and......Gym Class Hereos * (my fav) and well...... I can't think of anyone else but I thought I'd mention that.

Rytes

Click Here
It would seem like most people dislike rap and hip hop and country, even though I agree to some exent with them, I will say that some rappers deserve credit for good work like Ti, and......Gym Class Hereos * (my fav) and well...... I can't think of anyone else but I thought I'd mention that.

they take a peek in the box and generalize it...

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I hate "gangsta" rap (eg. the whole "gunna bust some caps and beat some bitches" kinda deal, with a 10-second repeating drumbeat in the background and orgasmic sounds abound), that weird throaty-scream style of metal ("RUOOOAAAAARRGH RORAR ROAOAARR" - translation unknown), and Nine Inch Nails / industrial, because it usually boils down to, again, a 10-second drum beat repeated over and over again to Trent Reznor (or insert musician here) talking, sometimes with voice distortion.

Otherwise, anything that's reasonably dynamic, has intelligible vocals, and doesn't constantly talk about sex and violence for no good reason, I'm fine with.

Last edited:

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Last edited:
Everything that everyone here likes, you all have terrible taste in music, the ability to hear is wasted on you :V .

Sunny_Otter

Whatsa Motter?
I'm not allowed to criticize anyone else's taste in music because I like Country. It's the only thing that keeps me awake on my morning commute.

Irreverent

I don't really hate any type of music, instead i just hate songs.

This. Awkore has hit it pretty much on the head.

Its not so much the genre's (I listen to a lot of weird stuff...Steel Pan at the moment) as it is individual songs or artists. And the worst sin of all in uninspired covers. Don't just copy or emulate the tune damnit, revamp it and make it your own!

T.Y.

I hate Hip hop

Rap is meh, Ok fine, i'll listen to it for a bit..

I love Rock, (mostly 80s-90s) I like new rock too, Like "The Answer," "Jackyl", Theory of a deadman" etc etc.

I listen to hip hop and I say, "Where did that AC/DC go?"

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I'm not allowed to criticize anyone else's taste in music because I like Country. It's the only thing that keeps me awake on my morning commute.

Actually, I don't mind listening to country. I guess it's a side-effect of having a lot of Irish Newfoundland music playing on our radio stations alongside everything else, which has become very similar to country in general.

Sunny_Otter

Whatsa Motter?
Actually, I don't mind listening to country. I guess it's a side-effect of having a lot of Irish Newfoundland music playing on our radio stations alongside everything else, which has become very similar to country in general.

Heehee, my country station considers Great Big Sea to be "country enough" that their new albums always get airtime, I love it. Although they've gone a lot more alternative in the last handful of years, but still, fun music.

Country's something I can sing along with, I love it.

Irreverent

Heehee, my country station considers Great Big Sea to be "country enough" that their new albums always get airtime, I love it. Although they've gone a lot more alternative in the last handful of years, but still, fun music.

And the more alternative they go, the better they get.

jagdwolf

Just a simple innocent Wolf
I like weird al.