• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

who likes wering collars ??

C

Cyroo

Do you shove buttplugs up your ass too? Let's elaborate and find out! FAF is very curious, indeed!

quoting_mungo

If it weren't for the implications that one is a sub and has kinky sex, I might actually wear a collar myself. Unfortunately, a collar isn't just a collar.
While I happen to be a sub, I will also happily wear a collar as a fashion accessory. The only people who seem to read it as kinky are people who already have kinky sex with me anyway. >.> Like, if it were a locking collar, or one with a bunch of extra D-rings or whatever, that'd probably send some kinky vibes, but there's enough Hot Topic kids out there with collars and shit that a collar alone is unlikely to make people jump to the conclusion.

Bink

FLOOFY!
Duh. And no collars don't have to be kink related. Now if you have a leash attached I'll change my opinion lol

Though only females and goths seem to get away with them in public without drawing looks heh

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Probably rest of those mutts!
*laughs in feline*

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I woar a caller unce 4 Hallaween wen I wurked in a pet stoer.

Deathless

ƤƦƠƓ MЄƬƛԼ ЄƝʆƠƳЄƦ
By collars, I thought you meant shirt collars and I was about to say my opinions on them.

But I've never really worn collars or chokers, I'm not really a person to do that... Maybe if I get a suit of Kam I might because they wear a choker

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
If it weren't for the implications that one is a sub and has kinky sex, I might actually wear a collar myself. Unfortunately, a collar isn't just a collar.
eh, I think people who assume either of those things are just super unimaginative. They're not that much different than chokers though

If you want to wear a collar though but don't want to draw any unwanted attention, I'd look up chain mail collars. They look like regular necklaces, but you usually fasten it with a lock or some other type of pendant

N

Nyro46

I kinda feel the same way . . . so I'd probably only wear one if it was apart of a suit or something.

Wabbajax

Jaxon-Jackal/Arixes-Særkyn
While I happen to be a sub, I will also happily wear a collar as a fashion accessory. The only people who seem to read it as kinky are people who already have kinky sex with me anyway.

Wow! I had completely the wrong idea about you. Your profile picture and some of your posts had led me to believe you were a reserved and somewhat quiet individual that dressed in long-sleeved sweaters. That'll teach me to judge a book...

Anyway, since we're on the topic, I suppose my own reservations with wearing a collar is the fear of what others might infer as well as what my partner might think. I personally like the look of all-black square rivet studs on black leather, they seem to be the right mix of aggression without being too extreme. I would just hate for someone else to see me and think, "oh, that dude's into BDSM". Perhaps that just means I am the wrong type of person to wear a collar since I seem to care too much about what others think. But in a way, that risk of being misunderstood is part of the draw for me. I wouldn't mind a way to passively give the middle finger to society and its expectations and invite them to judge me.

*sigh*

Maybe one day when I'm old and grey I'll finally stop caring enough to actually do something off the wall.

I'm literally the definition of boring white-bread. I've got no tattoos, no piercings, I don't vape or use cigs or smoke pot, I don't wear jewelry, I don't have a collar, I don't have wild kinky sex with strangers... seriously the most extreme thing I've done to shake things up and rebel is to shave my hair into a mohawk and occasionally cuss at work. I am perfectly forgettable. The only "unique" thing about me is that I'm a freaking mental basket case. And that's the part that I feel pressure to cover up, and also the part of me that I want to just let out and scare the living shit out of random strangers so they understand that I AM NOT OK AND I'M NOT GOING TO SUGARCOAT IT FOR THEIR FREAKING COMFORT!

Whew!
Sorry, kinda started to ramble there. What were we talking about again?

N

Nyro46

I'm literally the definition of boring white-bread. I've got no tattoos, no piercings, I don't vape or use cigs or smoke pot, I don't wear jewelry, I don't have a collar, I don't have wild kinky sex with strangers... seriously the most extreme thing I've done to shake things up and rebel is to shave my hair into a mohawk and occasionally cuss at work. I am perfectly forgettable. The only "unique" thing about me is that I'm a freaking mental basket case. And that's the part that I feel pressure to cover up, and also the part of me that I want to just let out and scare the living shit out of random strangers so they understand that I AM NOT OK AND I'M NOT GOING TO SUGARCOAT IT FOR THEIR FREAKING COMFORT!

This isn't bad, tho, I'm kinda the same way. Though for me I am not personally into tattoos/piercings, and vape/cigs/pot definitely do not mix well with me (can't stand strong smells, plus don't wanna chance messing with my health/mind, I even don't drink that much or often). But I also don't like drawing attention to myself much in public. Basically, don't feel bad for who you are.

I mean, if you wanted to wear a collar but didn't want people to have the idea you were into BDSM, I suppose you could keep it for just when you're at home or around friends/people you know won't think that. Like I said I kinda have the same problem because I do sorta like collars, but am not a sub nor am I into hardcore BDSM. It is frustrating how society thinks and works sometimes.

Ashwolves5

Miss Fluffy Bottom
I have one that I tend to wear more in the winter, mine is furred and its too warm in the summer.

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
I don't own one right now...BUT...
The answer I would give is I definitely would!
Not only do I want to opt for a more 'punk/rock' look, I think one would suit me perfectly.
(Especially thin, black and spiked)

I already have my sona wearing one most of the time, so I suppose that's one way you could guess my response to this!

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Sure, I mean, it's fun! And playful.

I just have one, a Comfort Plus from Pet Co :p At least one doesn't
even have to go to a kinky place, to get one. Generally I just wear it to sleep; it is oddly comforting...used to wear it with my pup outfit, back in my pup days...

I don't own one right now...BUT...
The answer I would give is I definitely would!
Not only do I want to opt for a more 'punk/rock' look, I think one would suit me perfectly.
(Especially thin, black and spiked)

I already have my sona wearing one most of the time, so I suppose that's one way you could guess my response to this!

Aw, now I wanna get a more fashionable one :p But they can suit a variety of looks, and the early punk look did bring in a definite bondage flair, in a fun-loving, rebellious way. You'd look great in one, too.

Filter

uwu
It's tricky. Dogs and cats often wear collars, and furries are part animal so collars look good on them. I can handle a little ambiguity, with people wondering about whether there might be BDSM connotations. I'm increasingly reluctant to draw them that way when collars are seen as something that only subs wear. On one character in particular, I'm thinking about changing the ring on her collar to a flower... or maybe a bell. She might look less cool that way, but I wouldn't have as much explaining to do.

Arnak

Off the bench
Black collar meant for big breeds. Added studs to it, bone shaped dog tag

Catdog

I caused a little stir.
Collars are kind of a mixed bag for me. I love day collars (like simple locking steel bands, chokers etc) but big ol' dog collar looking things are like...nah. Just too clunky for everyday wear.