• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.
So I thought I'd get a better scope of meeting everyone on this forum.

So far all you furs have been a delight to meet and I'd like to continue doing so ^-^

So I was interested to hear where most of you reside around the world and what kind of work you do?

For me I am a South African Web Devloper. And I have only come across one other fur from my country :3

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
East Bay, SF Bay Area. born & raised here, raised a family here, work in education, in a technical support role.

Never left here because I have a good job at the moment. Retiring next year and moving to the Mid-West.

Chicago. Psychological research.
Came to the big city for uni and just never left.
Goodness me hey. I know a fur there! Boyfriend to my bff. That's awesome!
I guess it's good to find your place so soon after studies. Good for you :3

East Bay, SF Bay Area. born & raised here, raised a family here, work in education, in a technical support role.

Never left here because I have a good job at the moment. Retiring next year and moving to the Mid-West.
That's cool ^-^
Is this all in the USA if I may ask?

Germany near a city called Bamberg, I was born there and never left. I attend a technical college.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
That's cool ^-^
Is this all in the USA if I may ask?
SF Bay Area = the greater metropolitan area surrounding San Francisco Bay. Northern California, by the ocean.

Geographically, if you care to look it up, I live in Fremont. Eastern-most portion that is still technically on the Bay. Was a nice place when I was born, population less than 30,000 people. Mostly farm land, small housing tracts and the General Motors Assembly plant. Currently it is the Tesla assembly plant. Now the city is now 230,00+ and it's getting overcrowded. Certainly not the city I enjoyed in a past era.

SF Bay Area = the greater metropolitan area surrounding San Francisco Bay. Northern California, by the ocean.

Geographically, if you care to look it up, I live in Fremont. Eastern-most portion that is still technically on the Bay. Was a nice place when I was born, population less than 30,000 people. Mostly farm land, small housing tracts and the General Motors Assembly plant. Currently it is the Tesla assembly plant. Now the city is now 230,00+ and it's getting overcrowded. Certainly not the city I enjoyed in a past era.
I had a look.
Fermont has been mentioned to me a few times. Most of North and East of the USA is beautiful imo.
Where I'm from before moving to the big city, population is 25 -+ so I can't imagine how crowded that must be!

E

ellaerna

Goodness me hey. I know a fur there! Boyfriend to my bff. That's awesome!
I guess it's good to find your place so soon after studies. Good for you :3
It's a big city. I'm not surprised you know someone here. :)
I might move in the future. Bf is in tech so the west coast might be calling us in due time.

Matt the Terrier

Woofs! Wiggles! Wins!
West-Central Illinois, nowhere near Chicago, but that's probably a good thing. I don't know if I could stand the interstate traffic, big schools, and rabid train enthusiasts up there. I live here because. . .well, I live here. Would like to move to Ohio or Indiana or different part of Illinois someday, because reasons, but I'll go where ever work and my life take me.

West-Central Illinois, nowhere near Chicago, but that's probably a good thing. I don't know if I could stand the interstate traffic, big schools, and rabid train enthusiasts up there. I live here because. . .well, I live here. Would like to move to Ohio or Indiana or different part of Illinois someday, because reasons, but I'll go where ever work and my life take me.
I know someone from Illinois too :D
He cane to South Africa for a year and we met and hung out quite a bit. Showed me photos of he state and it looks like a stunning place. Interestingly enough he himself was a bit of a train enthusiast XD

E

ellaerna

I'm originally from East Central, IL! Vermilion County
Chicago is not so bad.

RuffusTheLynx

Not alone anymore :3
I'm from Argentina, and yes, the fandom is totally extint here.
It's horrible here, i can't do anything D:

Well, if i learn more english... i cooooould go to another country like USA or Canada
But it's ok, it's better to not think about this, i'm 11, isn't like i have 20 years old...

A

aloveablebunny

Texas - south USA. Born here, native to the capital - Austin. I have lived in Texas all my life.

I work in the marketing & advertising industry.

Casey Fluffbat

E. Fuscus from the discount section
State of Florida, USA. I moved there a few years ago because my brother was in college and my dad saw an opportunity to get away from the pesky winter weather in Pennsylvania where I lived most of my life.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I had a look.
Fremont has been mentioned to me a few times. Most of North and East of the USA is beautiful imo.
Where I'm from before moving to the big city, population is 25 -+ so I can't imagine how crowded that must be!
The problem with Fremont and most of the other cities here in the Bay Area is a core issue. Anything that's less than three hours from Silicon Valley is considered "within commuting range" and therefore subject to high housing prices and horrible traffic congestion.

Also, this breakneck construction did not include infrastructure to support the housing and businesses being built. There are only a limited number of freeways in and out of the Bay Area and those freeways have reached capacity. We now achieve gridlock, just like SoCal, at least two or three times a week. We also have a governor who thought adding $175 per year to our vehicle license fees was a good thing to do. BTW, none of that money was specifically earmarked for road maintenance or anything transportation related for that matter.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Los Angeles. I’m an ex-military brat so I grew up moving state to state. My father retired in southern California so that’s where I went to college. I met my (now ex) wife out here and for a time things were great.

CA in the 80s and early 90s wss great but oh my how times have changed. Cost of living here has grown far more than the wages one earns. I had more disposable income 5 years out of college than I do now even though I made half as much money then as I do now. Population has exploded and they have done almost nothing to widen existing roads or make new roads or expand mass transit.

I escaped CA in 2003 and lived in Wisconsin until 2009. I loved it there and I hope to return to the Midwest someday.

However my ex-wife HATED Wisconsin. She cheated on my with her high school sweetheart and when the inevitsble divorce happened she moved back to CA and took my son with her.

The next year, the Great Recession hit. Activision cut 2/3 of their employees and I had no choice but to leave Wisconsin. I tried to stay out of CA by working in AZ instead but the recession savaged the game industry there too. Companies were closing studios left & right and the industry consolidated around core cities, including Los Angeles.

So, with a heavy heart I am back to where my career began. It’s astonishing how much worse it is today than it was even in 2003. My son is nearby, which is nice, but once he’s done with high school I will be moving out of CA again, even of it means leaving the game industry.

Rant

Haters Gonna Hate
I live in Missouri above a cupcake shop. It's a small town sandwiched between 2 larger cities so I have lots to do.

I am getting fat. :3

I work in hospice and Alzheimer's care units. For fun I game online, build model kits and raise and breed birds. I'm busting my ass to get a nice lil house. My loft is cool and sometimes annoying af, but I need a real home and yard for my dogs.

Ben%2527s.JPG

Last edited:

MetroFox2

Resident Stone Age Fox
Swindon, was born here, though I sometimes think about what if my Granddad didn't leave Bristol, would rather have been born there, hell, even Darby or Kiddiminster (Both places he's lives) might have been nicer for varying reasons. I live by a railway (Because it's a railway town, it's virtually impossible not to live near a railway). Eh, Swindon's not a very nice place, gonna try and get out by applying for uni in a couple of places; Bath, Bangor, Aberdeen, York, Norwich, and Canterbury, all places that do the main course I want to take. Hard work, but as long as it helps me settle down somewhere I'm happy to do it. Hell, I've even considered uni abroad, the only problem is; I'm really, really bad with languages.

This is kinda getting away from subject... Hm, what to say about Swindon? Well, it means Pig Hill: Swin Don, so that should give you an idea of what it's like. Yet, it's still better than Slough.

Truth be told, I am extremely intimated by the fact that so far I have met no furries (anywhere I have been online) that live in the UK like me. Let alone live anywhere remotely close to me. Everyone seems to be from the USA or mostly anywhere but Europe.

I am lonely ;w;

Edit: I like how as I post that suddenly soomeone is from my contry

L

-..Legacy..-

This might be a long list, but that's mostly due to my line of work.

Born in Central Ohio, but parents moved to SE Pennsylvania before I started 5th grade. So fully rural, to suburban, to ultimately inner city when I moved out. Joined the military, which ended up sending me to VA, GA, TX, MO and fairly long stints in the Middle East.

Finally discharged, and stayed in GA for a few more years, and ended up living in Afghanistan for almost two years. Came back, and after a few more years, moved back to Ohio. Currently assigned in AL, and will probably be moving to Abu Dhabi by the end of next year to ensure a very early retirement. The list of countries that I've visited is extensive, but I only listed ones I've been at for over a year continuously.

I'm glad I've been able to travel, and see how diverse each region is. It certainly helps when meeting new people, and understanding that there is quite a bit of commonality between most corners of the globe.

I've had a lot of odd places of employment as a rest from my main skillset, but my main career is as an Aerospace Weapons Tech.

MacTireRua

This might be a long list, but that's mostly due to my line of work.

Born in Central Ohio, but parents moved to SE Pennsylvania before I started 5th grade. So fully rural, to suburban, to ultimately inner city when I moved out. Joined the military, which ended up sending me to VA, GA, TX, MO and fairly long stints in the Middle East.

Finally discharged, and stayed in GA for a few more years, and ended up living in Afghanistan for almost two years. Came back, and after a few more years, moved back to Ohio. Currently assigned in AL, and will probably be moving to Abu Dhabi by the end of next year to ensure a very early retirement. The list of countries that I've visited is extensive, but I only listed ones I've been at for over a year continuously.

I'm glad I've been able to travel, and see how diverse each region is. It certainly helps when meeting new people, and understanding that there is quite a bit of commonality between most corners of the globe.

I've had a lot of odd places of employment as a rest from my main skillset, but my main career is as an Aerospace Weapons Tech.

I have have done sometime in Iraq and Afghanistan. I got out 3 years ago after 8 years in. I grew up moving cuz my family was wierd lol. But I stay in GA now with my wife since she wanted to come back home after me doing the military thing for so long.