• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Who said Gimp + mouse sucked?

Kookyfox

Bomb Rider
Hey guys look what I've drawn with Gimp and my mouse! (okay I made the lineart on paper and scanned it but still):

1421158156.kookyfox_kookysleepycolor.png

Gimp rules!

Also digital coloring is soooooooo easy, and I won't even mention how shading is effortless (woops I just did it)

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
I can very much so sympathize with this sentiment.

Maugryph

Your using a mouse to color a painting? My condolences.

Update: Nice work with the coloring.I see a lot of improvement in this painting. Just get a tablet ASAP? If you cant it would be easier use a vector program like Inkscape where you have precise control with your lines and color.

Last edited:

Keetoo

Curled up in a tree
You are not alone. I too use Gimp and a mouse. Before that I used to use a touch pad and gimp on my laptop it was like finger painting I guess lol Nice job on the coloring,did great! :)

Kookyfox

Bomb Rider
Your using a mouse to color a painting? My condolences.

Update: Nice work with the coloring.I see a lot of improvement in this painting. Just get a tablet ASAP? If you cant it would be easier use a vector program like Inkscape where you have precise control with your lines and color.

Well a tablet costs a huge amount of money, so ASAP would probably be my birthday (then again a tablet is still very expensive). I finally could order an actual NOT-cardboard-and-wobbely-plastic-silver-tray lightbox, so just wait until I get that I should improve a lot on my lineart.

Oh and thanks!

You are not alone. I too use Gimp and a mouse. Before that I used to use a touch pad and gimp on my laptop it was like finger painting I guess lol Nice job on the coloring,did great! :)

We shall rule this earth with mice and fingers!

PriestessShizuka

Dragon Master
Nice job!
Before I had a tablet, I would just scan my pen inked lineart, bump up the contrast a ton, clean up the lineart and color it with my mouse ^_^
This is what I used to draw in this way:
rozen_as_an_adult_by_shizukaokamichan-d5ap98i.png

And I drew this entirely on Gimp with just the mouse and no printer to scan ^^
toshiro_by_shizukaokamichan-d5v6kku.png

And I made this on the computer with vectors :D
angryrantvulpixwithbg_by_shizukaokamichan-d7dtf9d.png

TheRedGhost

The best alternative to a tablet is making the pen tool your friend. (I am not sure what it is called in Gimp). Scan in your art, then vector it with the ink/pen tool- then proceed to colour or paint it as you would had you had a tablet at your disposal.