• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Who's Got Magic?

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
Who here's got a sona with magic abilities? What are they, and how do they work? I'd love to hear about what you've come up with!

My sona, Natani, has magic that's referred to as a Soul Filter. His specific variant, or 'Filter' is wood fire.
I'll give a concise version as I use the Soul Filter type magic for a fantasy world I'm working on and it's rather complex and detailed (I've been following Brandon Sanderson's tips to write magic as a science)
He's immune to burns, can create fire, focus heat, and perform a variety of spells which have a fiery look to them. His power is connected to his body temperature, which he controls. The higher he raises it, the more powerful his magic is, but the faster he tires. As he uses more magic, he burns out, creating less flame and more smoke. When he fully burns out, he becomes queasy and exhausted and coughs up large amounts of smoke.

Last edited:

Foxridley

A fox named Ridley
Ridley is half kitsune, half regular, non-magical fox. And yes, there is a distinction in the world/multiverse I set up there. He has kitsune abilities but his power in wielding them plateaus where full-blooded kitsune would continue to get stronger with age.

The main ability is shapeshifting; he can change into a few different species, including human. With the human form Ridley can also conjure simple clothes that are not entirely real. For the most part, he can't hold these forms for more than a few hours, and the more different they are from his default fox form, the harder they are to maintain. Going to the limits of his time in another form will leave him exhausted, and the time he can hold a form can easily be shortened; such as if he is hungry, tired, upset, or using magic for something else. He can only hold an alternate form while awake.

Another ability of Ridley's is foxfire. Its main use is as a light source, but with some concentration it can provide enough heat to be a basic ignition source, such as for lighting a candle. He also knows a few simple spells and can create illusions. I figure he might occasionally put an illusion enchantment on an object to sell as a decoration, or something like that.

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters
what defines magic, do super energies in video games or tv show universes count?

or just pokemon stuff

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters

Nexus Cabler

Tech bean
Nexus is able to wield electric forces, as well as implementing fire and even corrosive abilities (Heavy Borderlands Inspiration). He also possesses high resistance and regeneration, all of this powered through a combination of his cybernetic augmentations and the learned skills of magic strength that exist within the dragon species. Using science harmoniously with this arcane ability of his kind allowed him to become formidable and triumphant over all the challenges that encountered him.

Last edited:

Savarin_Divin

Goddess ✵ Grand Star Divina
Savarin being a Goddess has made many of the miracles in her world.
I can't say them all since I am trying to make a picture book of her so, I can't say them all, nor everything about her.
(that's a side project of mine) But I can tell you what has been shown, in my art. Also, one thing you don't know about her.

1. Savarin can create life, she had drawn others to being, using stardust. This also had happened, at one time by mistake by making an ice-filled crêpe she planned on eating. She ended up being the 3rd holy chancellor in her court now. Kind of trouble, since she's melting all the time, has been frozen often out through the day.

savarin creation close up_wm.jpg

2. Due to her miracles in her world, the skies turned gray and yellows. Trees and grass became black. The leaves on those trees are transparent. And the water in the ocean is a pinkish-red hue.

3. As for this second magical thing she does. Ever notice the dresses she wears. You all may have noticed their galaxy theme. The part you don't know is that it's the surrounding galaxy. She can change out the look faster than you can blink. Pulling; in nebulas, galaxies, and more as she pleases. So stars and planets might be just existing in that dress of hers along with those beautiful gemstones she is known to make too. (Yeah, just think you might be existing in a layer of fabric in Savarin's dress right now. As she goes about her day causally.)

There are way more, but you are all going have to wait for that.

KimberVaile

Self congratulatory title goes here
It depends on the setting as to whether Kimber wields magic. In a fantasy world where magic exists, I tend to portray him as a Kitsune-like sorcerer. A self learner who doesn't have the widest array of magics known to him, but the ones he does know, he's mastered. Elemental spells like rays of fire, Rays of frost, fireballs, charm spells, sleep spells. So on. Very DND-esque. In more modern settings, he posses no magic, because it wouldn't make any sense in the setting. Kimber's abilities depend entirely on what makes sense for the setting. Otherwise, I feel like it woudn't fit very well in the setting or make him seem like a Gary Stu.

Though, as it happens, I do tend to prefer fantasy settings more often than not.

Last edited:

PC Master Race

My guy has gravity magic, cosmic elemements, weapon-summon, 3rd-person view, and 3 power-ups.

Gravity magic is the most versatile of his kit. To name a few, he can remotely manipulate and move anything/anyone to anywhere he wants, or even himself, similar to telekinesis.
At higher power he can instantly teleport himself or anything/anyone through wormholes, crowd-control and area-deny with black holes and white holes.
He can also halt everything around him to a complete still, similar to stopping time.

Cosmic elements are... the following (can be a mouthful).
- Cosmic fire : fire sunlight and plasma (from the sun surface) mixed with lava and magma (from the earth core)
- Cosmic lightning : electrical starlight, nebula clouds and auroraa waves
- Cosmic frost : frost moonlight and stellar wind
When making weapons, he combines these with gravity magic. However he can also reform energy into whatever he wants, on the fly. For example, if the enemy throws fireballs at him, he can "catch" the fireballs and reform them into, say, a fire shield that can negate fire-based attacks. Or he can use the energy to add extra fire damage to his weapon(s).
He also uses the cosmic lights to heal injuries and provide various buffs.

His 3rd-person view is pretty much what you have in video games. The closest would be like in Dead Space, while the farthest he can "zoom out" would be overhead like Diablo, Torchlight, Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, etc. With this, he can see his surroundings far better.

His 3 power-ups are as follows :
- "Blacksmith" doubles weapon stats such as speed, durability (defense, for shields), recoil reduction, accuracy (for firearms).
- "Silversmith" increases weapon stats by 50%, but they're 3 times more effective against undead like skeleton, zombie and lich.
- "Goldsmith" increases weapon stats by 50%, but they're 3 times more effective against "higher beings" like demons, angels, and even gods.
These 3 power-ups apply to turrets, combat drones and even killer satellites too, operated by him or his teammates.

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Who here's got a sona with magic abilities? What are they, and how do they work? I'd love to hear about what you've come up with!

Thousands of years ago, long before the Egyptian empire was established, Mambi was seeing a unicorn and while exploring and playing also learned a lot with her as they got romantic. One fateful day as a gift, she took a small sliver of her horn and infused it into his spirit, allowing him the ability to open a portal to his own personal dimensional realm. As a side-effect of that infusion, it also halted his aging process, so they were able to stay together for centuries until she went into hiding from humans...though they stay in touch to this day. Over centuries he was worshipped by the Egyptians, lived through biblical and medieval times, had many adventures throughout time, and enjoys his eternal life today.

Over the course of many many years, he learned to open a portal to the realm and create a second portal directly in front of it to go instantly back again to any point in this realm he chooses. So now not only can he do back and forth from his realm, he can warp himself anywhere he wishes in the cosmos at a thought, linking 2 points that are a foot away to a light-year if he chooses!

<his eyes glow and the air shimmers and parts in front of him, revealing an apple tree through the hole in a totally different climate. Reaching in and plucking an apple from it, he retracts his arm as the glow in his eyes fades and the hole closes behind him. Taking a bite casually, he smiles and waves his paw dismissively> Opens straight to his home realm, or in this realm anywhere to anywhere, but aside from some small tricks he learned from the unicorn, that is the extent of his magical abilities...portals and a unicorn-infused spirit that prevents aging, but with creativity he can use them in a multitude of ways to help him in life.

Marius does not have any magical powers.

Unbeknownst to him, his leather jacket is magical; the one inside pocket has unlimited storage space as long as any single object he puts in that pocket could fit in a regular pocket of the same size.

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
Marius does not have any magical powers.

Unbeknownst to him, his leather jacket is magical; the one inside pocket has unlimited storage space as long as any single object he puts in that pocket could fit in a regular pocket of the same size.
I love the bag of holding trope so much

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
My boy's abilities are heavily inspired from Dishonored.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Line of sight teleportation (LOST): The ability to teleport to any location within his line of sight, but he cannot go through solid objects.

Bend time: The ability to slow down or stop time time completely. Anything that he comes into contact with changes their path and momentum, which allows to interact with them as if he was in real time, once he stops making contact with them they go back to their frozen state. In the real world he will be moving faster than light which is enough to allow for the manipulation of time and won’t be noticed by anybody. However this doesn’t mean he can go backwards, he can only control the speed of it. Also he cannot manipulate it continuously, only for 60 seconds the most.

Hijack: Allows for him to possession living or dead organisms. Ranging from feral animals to other anthros and humans. Once inside the host, he can only move and interact with limited things. He also has a time limit for how long he is able to process the host. He is able to resist the possession from other entities as well.

Casting wind: He is able to cast a powerful blast of wind that will send objects flying for at least 30 feet or greater. It will be fatal for those who hit a solid object while caught in the blast.

Dark Vision: The ability to see through solid objects and detect living beings and their line of sight.

Pull: While technically telekinesis, he can “pull” objects and people toward himself and manipulate them from then on. While he cannot “push” them forward, he can sling them from side to side and throw them at great velocities.

Devouring Flock: The ability to summon a flock of feral, blood thirsty ravens from any form of surface or air. Those ravens will attack anybody on site except for Roland. They can also attack multiple targets simultaneously.

LouTekoda

Feral Child

My sona, Natani, has magic that's referred to as a Soul Filter. His specific variant, or 'Filter' is wood fire.
I'll give a concise version as I use the Soul Filter type magic for a fantasy world I'm working on and it's rather complex and detailed (I've been following Brandon Sanderson's tips to write magic as a science)
He's immune to burns, can create fire, focus heat, and perform a variety of spells which have a fiery look to them. His power is connected to his body temperature, which he controls. The higher he raises it, the more powerful his magic is, but the faster he tires. As he uses more magic, he burns out, creating less flame and more smoke. When he fully burns out, he becomes queasy and exhausted and coughs up large amounts of smoke.
My fursona doesn't have magic himself but I jokingly describe him as being magically adjacent.
When he needs a spell done he politely asks the fairies that look after him to cast it for him, hehe. This is also how he defends himself.

PC Master Race

My guy has gravity magic, cosmic elemements, weapon-summon, 3rd-person view, and 3 power-ups. [...]
I took some time to consider this and felt that I needed to make some changes.
Jin is at heart a pacifist, and at best a tank/healer, so all of his powers would be for defensive and supportive purposes. As such they revolve around defending from attacks, healing injuries, and many more.
And with that he has 3 more in his kit that I forgot, oops. They're the eldritch-cosmic equivalent of necromancy, but much more powerful ; however, they're not for the thick combat in any shape or form, especially if/when all hell's breaking loose, because they require preparation and usually take quite a long time to process and finish.

Dark matter is similar to blood magic, taking the form of a pitch-black, tar-like substance that has no reflection (even when a light source shines directly at it). Jin uses this to heal severe, serious injuries such as damaged internal organs.

Dark energy is the "mana", the magic energy that Jin uses for these eldritch powers. Dark energy can be considered vaguely similar to souls, mana, and even oxygen. Jin can use this to "heal" creatures that are not of flesh and blood, such as elementals.

Star stone is the equivalent of bones. It usually takes the form of stalagmite or stalactite growing out of the ground or even thin air, with water patterns on the surface similar to Damascus steel, and charged with the cosmic light. Jin uses this to heal injuries that involve broken bones.

Last edited:

Kinguyakki

Alignment: Chaotic Stupid
Akki is part dragon, and so has the ability to breath fire, though I guess that could be considered a physical ability. Before he learned how to generate it himself, he relied on a concoction of oil and hot cinnamon, which gave him indigestion and resulted in fiery belches. Even though he doesn't need it anymore, he still likes the taste of it so the smell of cinnamon always lingers on his breath.
As a RP character, he is classed as a Battlemage so he can generate some spells purely to do damage to others.

Paws the Opinicus

*Not technically* a Gryphon!
First, her physical manifestation depends on her observer - to a young child she will appear and physically register as a quite gentle and whimsical beastie, basically a huge, animate plush toy. Meanwhile, as the people who are around her become more mature, she will appear more like a classic, albeit exotic Eurasian species of living opinicus.

Second, Paws is a wish-granter, in a limited scope, as it's mostly in matters that are health-related, mental or emotional and only affect the wisher themselves... though the scope of what she can grant wish-wise also changes, again depending on the temperament and age of the wisher, as a more selfish wish won't be in her power for older, truly greedy people. Most wishes made on behalf of others' wellness are never turned down. (In other words, she can't affect others unless the wisher wants to save another from some sort of harm)

Khafra

Heave away, haul away
Sure, I can do magic. My favorite trick is the one when I made your purse disappear. Whoops, gotta go!

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
I'm in the process of rewriting some aspects of Firuthi's background because I just realized a way I can actually make him fit into my setting.

He's basically going to wind up an artificial being, and unlike the general populace where only about 5% of them can even see the source of magic and about a fifth of those people can properly use it in at least one of three general fashions, EVERY "cask-bred" (I'm still working on the exact term, but one of the Warhammer lines beat me to my original term "vat-born") can fully utilize at least one of the branches of magic.

I just don't know which one branch of magic I want him to know how to use. I know I'm not having him use more than one branch.

....the three classes of magic in my setting being the following (in summary):
-Aethermancy: External magic, the stuff used for such magic as fireballs, telekinesis, and building construction.
-Biomancy: Internal magic, usually the stuff of saving lives but it's also possible (and HIGHLY frowned upon) to make others have aneurysms or seizures.
-Psychomancy: I'll just summarize this in one word: Stands.

Doodle Bunny

Definitely a rabbit... 100%...
Doodles has a few powers.

For starters, she's only an eldritch being disguised as a rabbit. Her true form is a mystery. All anyone knows about it is that it has many eyes and mouths. To gaze upon it brings only madness and despair.

The other things are that she produces partially living things known as "nothings". She mixes them into homemade paints and the things come alive-- whether they're creatures or scenes.