• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Why all the Na'vi hate?

gdzeek

Not to be takin Seriously
I noticed a lot of furs on the forums hate avatar, I dont agree with everything in the movie, but i thought it was good overall.

I especially liked the scene when he was in the Na'vi body and could walk again for the first time and being excited. heck I was jealous of having a tail.

so yeah, you can throw pies at the OP if you want, I'm not too worried about it. just curious though how come so many furs dont like this Movie?

TashkentFox

Banned
Banned
God, I hope you're not turning into a Na'vikin.

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
Graphics were fantastic, but it's just Pocahontas in the future.

Oh, and otherkin. I don't like them at all.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
God, I hope you're not turning into a Na'vikin.

D:

Get the OP quarantined immediately before it spreads!

It's just a movie with more shiny shit than a room full of quarters.

WTB Hairsex scene.

SirRob

Because the darn thing always goes "HEY" "LINK!" "HEY" "HEY" "HEY" "LISTEN!"

It's probably due to the massive amount of ads and annoying fans.

Just like Twilight!

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Mainstream over-saturation.

Cause it's cool to hate Mainstream stuff.

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
Because the darn thing always goes "HEY" "LINK!" "HEY" "HEY" "HEY" "LISTEN!"

It's probably due to the massive amount of ads and annoying fans.

Just like Twilight!
Avatar is worth watching far more than something as horrific as Twilight.

gdzeek

Not to be takin Seriously
D:

Get the OP quarantined immediately before it spreads!

It's just a movie with more shiny shit than a room full of quarters.

WTB Hairsex scene.

oh noes, I'm not a Na'vi zombie aaaah

no I just like the idea of having a tail and movable ears, but I think most furries are with me on that.

I never heard the pocahontas thing though, ussually I hear it compared to Ferngully or Dances with Wolves.

Xipoid

Cameras
The plot wasn't able to suspend my disbelief enough to make it plausible. That is mainly because the science/technology aspect of the humans took an auxiliary position to the whole tribal natives deal. There were some questions raised that the movie did not attempt to answer or perhaps let the view fill in an answer. It had pretty graphics and all, but that didn't do much for me.

SirRob

Avatar is worth watching far more than something as horrific as Twilight.
Oh? It has nothing to do with the quality of the movie.

Also, I think people that hate it because the plot is unoriginal are crazy. There is no such thing as an original plot. A plot is bound to be similar to some other plot from some other book or movie. Just enjoy the movie for what it is, yeesh!

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
oh noes, I'm not a Na'vi zombie aaaah

no I just like the idea of having a tail and movable ears, but I think most furries are with me on that.

I never heard the pocahontas thing though, ussually I hear it compared to Ferngully or Dances with Wolves.

You'd have to watch it again and then watch Pocahantas to catch the similarities..
But the film was one of those things you can enjoy when you are stoned, or if you want to see a SCI-FI "White Guilt" film.

But Na'vikin are a gropu of people who decided that being human wasn't enough and said "Hey, I was a blue skinned cat-monkey in my past life".

The First Na'vikin came to the Otherkin forum site, and many a nerd argued over that there's is more legit and they are fiction....among other "Divided by zero" arguments.

Then the otherkin Perma-B&ed the person from the site, and he/she moved on to create "To the Hometree" for people that share the same spritual connection to the film.

ITP: People with White Guilt.

Attaman

"Welcome to FurAffinity Forums, gentlemen."
Na'vi are Noble-Savage Sues. A naked biological creature has a parity in hand-to-hand with a mech that could theoretically cleave through trees in individual swings. They have a "supa dupa" culture that doesn't hurt nature at all. They're pretty much a definitional sue-race: At least Elves in Tolkien's Work had to deal with the fact that they were everyone's butt-monkey (including Illuvitar [sp?]). Na'vi had no negative qualities for them, at all, but were given several positive traits (character and physiological) to balance it out.

Essentially, they were made just to make people look bad without any need of a Black-and-Grey Morality.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I thought it was a good movie.

I'm a graphics whore though.

Attaman

"Welcome to FurAffinity Forums, gentlemen."
I thought it was a good movie.
I went into "Shoot 'em Up" expecting nothing but quips and mindless violence. I was not disappointed, and I'd label it as a "good" movie because that's all it promised.

Avatar promised to turn around cinema, have an amazing plot, change how you view the world, everything. It... had shiny. It changed idiots (the ones who change their views on the world because a guy on the news told them to once) views of the world. That's it. If it was only promising to give us lots of shiny, like a tech-demo, I'd say it satisfied as good. It didn't.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
The story was so average that it was bad. The visuals were fantastic.

However, if I wanted the best of both worlds I'd watch District 9.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
LOL people trying to act arty and movie criticy for a 3D action/adventure film that took.. like what... 10 years to actually make?