• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Forum Why am I getting a spam notice?

Fishie-Lips

I keep trying to send example links to potential clients and keep getting an error box that says something about my message is spam like. I can send messages without links, but how am I supposed to give potential clients references without links??

Sorry if this is a stupid ask, I tried to find more clarification in the forums and wasn't able to.

Ank57

Big Pikachu
I think there's an image function which works via putting the url of the image in
Not sure if that's what you wanted but it might be

SSJ3Mewtwo

I keep trying to send example links to potential clients and keep getting an error box that says something about my message is spam like. I can send messages without links, but how am I supposed to give potential clients references without links??

Sorry if this is a stupid ask, I tried to find more clarification in the forums and wasn't able to.
Could you please send me a copy of the message via condo message? And a screenshot of the error message.

Fishie-Lips

I think there's an image function which works via putting the url of the image in
Not sure if that's what you wanted but it might be
I was trying to post links to my galleries, not any specific image.
Thanks tho! ;u; This has got me confuzzled.

SSJ3Mewtwo

I'm not sure what a condo message is? But here is the error text and the message I was trying to send.
I meant convo message, but auto correct didn't like that, it seems.

Your message contains a large number of links, long sentences, and one of those links is to a hentai site.

All of those would be flags for the forum's spam filters. A message like that is one that get posted by bots when they try to post advertisements. The spam filter watches for indicators like those, and blocks them when it sees them.

I would recommend a more streamlined notice with fewer links.

Fishie-Lips

I meant convo message, but auto correct didn't like that, it seems.

Your message contains a large number of links, long sentences, and one of those links is to a hentai site.

All of those would be flags for the forum's spam filters. A message like that is one that get posted by bots when they try to post advertisements. The spam filter watches for indicators like those, and blocks them when it sees them.

I would recommend a more streamlined notice with fewer links.
I'll try that thanks. ;u;

Theres more than that. My bitdefender blocked malware from being installed, and the first one my adblocker blocked a tracker.
Its the ads that FA admins allowed. They attack people on the site.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Whoah, this website REALLY has a huge problem with what constitutes spam, in more than one way

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Theres more than that. My bitdefender blocked malware from being installed, and the first one my adblocker blocked a tracker.
Its the ads that FA admins allowed. They attack people on the site.
So... not only do they call stuff spam that isn't, but they also allow ads with malware? no wonder they get taken down so often...

So... not only do they call stuff spam that isn't, but they also allow ads with malware? no wonder they get taken down so often...
-----------
Yeah i didnt think i would get an attack. I was done with a drawing, i uploaded it moments ago, and while i was
typing up info for my upload, i see a popup to the right showing my Bitdefender blocked a malicious threat. I clicked on the "more info",
and it said it blocked something that tried to install on my pc. This wouldnt be the first time, firefox blocked a tracker.

I noticed that when i went on amazon and ebay, there is a banner in the middle and you notice things you were just looking at. So
that would be one of the trackers but there is more. I reported it but who knows if they will give a shit or not.

If it gets to becoming a prob, i may stop posting on FA just because i dont want to wait and see if i get a trojan or a malware like it. Its the
non furry ads where they get revenue from. What these companies dont do is they dont tell you they gonna track or send 3rd party software into peoples pc's. If FA mods know, and want the money anyways, then they would just toss the ticket. We will see what they say.